Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

thanks for getting back to me, i did that and most of the features work now except ally invade, even without that working its still an improved experience, thanks!!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Total Diplomacy v1.8.4 (Forced Diplomacy, Taking Allied Forts, Allied Allies, Osgiliath Ferry, Ally Invade) [3.2 compatible]

Hmm, I thought MOS had an installer. It should have done that deletion for you, I would have thought.

I think I remember someone saying that one or more parts of TD have been removed from MOS. Ally Invade may be one of them.

Not sure if this is the right thread or if this is more of a vanilla problem, but when I try to do some region swapping (i.e, High Elves took Hollin Gate and Moria, Dwarves took a couple regions with large High Elf population) after I give them to their respective factions they just sit there, not bothering to move troops to garrison or even train or build anything in the cities until several turns later either Dunland just marches in or rebels take over. Is there some way to atleast get a couple units in there so they can actually keep it?

When I have done that, I usually use the move_character command to put some units right next to the settlement.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello, i was wondering if the one behind this mod could create a tutorial on how to do this? I would want things like forced diplomacy, allied allies, ally invade in other mods =).
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

You want a tutorial on what files to change and in what way? Just use a file difference tool (e.g. WinMerge) to compare these files against vanilla TATW 3.2.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    You want a tutorial on what files to change and in what way? Just use a file difference tool (e.g. WinMerge) to compare these files against vanilla TATW 3.2.
    But in what files do you like add things like ally invade?

That is the best feature, where i would be able to force my ally into total war with one faction of my choice? Then i don't have to play a hotseat for me to be able to control their actions. I don't like when they like attack the enemy one time and then makes peace. That's what's so great with your mod. They don't stop until they are defeated or victorious, as it should be.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 23, 2016 at 08:20 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Many, probably, because it's quite complicated. The main players are descr_campaign_ai_db.xml and campaign_script.txt which provide the mechanism to change the faction's thinking, but there's also the mechanism to choose and show the current targets and a bunch of other things. No, a tutorial on how I did it all is a big ask.

Hello
    I just installed the MOS for Third Age and wanted to use the Forced Diplomacy script, but the advisor does not appear to start the script. In the other kingdom mods like crusades and teutonic or in the vanilla the advisor is still there. How can I get the advisor back?

If you're clicking the correct button, as shown in the first post, then I don't know. Maybe it's broken in MOS (ask in that thread) or something went wrong with your installation.

I clicked the right botton and did a new installation already... Thanks for the answer, im trying in the other thread, by the way, great idea with the scripts, i always hated the diplomacy in this game! )

Hello
    unfortunately this mod crashes my game on loading.
    I even did a clean re-install of TATW 3.2 and it still made it crash.

Is it not compatible with the Steam version of Medieval II?

Quote Originally Posted by miloquian View Post
    Hello
    unfortunately this mod crashes my game on loading.
    I even did a clean re-install of TATW 3.2 and it still made it crash.

Is it not compatible with the Steam version of Medieval II?
    to be precise: it crashes the moment it has finished loading and I'm supposed to see the campaign map.

It might be because your historic_events.txt.strings.bin file is more recent* than this submod's historic_events.txt file, therefore the stings.bin file isn't being updated. That would certainly crash the game at campaign start.

* as in Last Modified. Maybe Steam, or a step in TATW setup for it, has made those files newer than what they are in the normal TATW 3.2 download. I don't have Steam and not sure what the steps are for installing TATW on it.

Try deleting all of the *.strings.bin files in TATW's text folder.

Steam version of M2TW screws up *strings.bin files AFAIK. Non Steam version works like a charm with this.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

It worked!
    I deleted the string.bin files from the text folder, then unzipped the mod.
    I don't quite understand why the string.bin files were still there though, because deleting them is part of the installing process of TATW 3.2 and I'm sure I have done it correctly.
    Thanks for your help!

Great. I'll add that to the instructions.

I don't quite understand why the string.bin files were still there though, because deleting them is part of the installing process of TATW 3.2 and I'm sure I have done it correctly.
    They're rebuilt by the game when it runs. If between installing TATW and installing this submod you ran TATW then that would explain it. If you didn't then I don't understand it either.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Steam version of M2TW screws up *strings.bin files AFAIK.
    deleting them is part of the installing process of TATW 3.2
    Ah, so I take it there are TATW-Steam instructions somewhere that say to delete *.strings.bin files. TATW on non-Steam doesn't need that, and doesn't say to AFAIK.

.. because deleting them is part of the installing process of TATW 3.2 and I'm sure I have done it correctly.
    Where does it say that? Can you link to those instructions?

Cause as Withwnar said, there should be no such instructions for vanilla - clean TATW 3.2 installation.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Where does it say that? Can you link to those instructions?

Cause as Withwnar said, there should be no such instructions for vanilla - clean TATW 3.2 installation.
    There are a several posts in the steam forum about how to install TATW 3.2.
    I followed this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=517318177 because it was the most recent and most detailed.

There are a several posts in the steam forum about how to install TATW 3.2.
    I followed this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=517318177 because it was the most recent and most detailed.
    It's described as bugfix though and not strictly as a part of the installation.

Edit: I didn't see an edit option, therefore my double-post.