Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Faction research topic]: The Great Moravia,Serbia, Anciliaries and titles.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: How many factions are set to be in the released version?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    Will the triggers for the rebellions be based on historical events or the event in the game itself, thus making them different each time?
    Depends -again-of how much scripting help we will have.
    Authority of both Roman Emperor and Bulgarian Cral/Tzar will be based on how many "missions" given by the nobles counsil will be successfull! A wining king has more authority than a losong one.
    Events will be the 2nd cause of rebelions.
    Losses in cities by invading enemies will cause upprisings.
    Finally happynes and law order are also factors for rebelions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Wow! Intersting structure, the Dynastic emerging factions are a nice thought! I'm tempted by Otto I, he was a good Roman Emperor but also the Fatimids are dangerous creatures .... I love the idea of the Normans' pop up in Sicily from nothing, because it's pretty historically accuarte, recruited as mercenaries by the Langobard Southern Duchies at some point they became so powerful to take all!

Antonius, this mod IMO can be the Final Mod for Med2! At least for me!
    Normans will apear as a small raiding force easy to be defeated some time around 1000AD . That event will triger Normans as mercenaries for Lombards.
    A full scale Norman invasion will take place a couple years later.. Please read again our Norman preview so greatly made by MATTHAEUS.
    You will notice that Normans have "early" and "late" knights. Lombards and Roman used Normans as mercenaries but also Normans coppied the roman and lombard heavy cavalry shock harge plus adopted many "mediteranean" armor ellements.!

As i said ,everything depends of how much scripting help we will recieve.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

That sounds wonderful, I am constantly awed by the progress and promise this mod has. No matter how long it takes to finish it will most certainly be worth it!

Will it be possible as another faction to cause one of the shadow factions to emerge in the Empires, for example, by sabotaging buildings that improve public order or converting part of the populace in order to reduce public order in settlements? This was one of my favorite ways of conquering the Holy Lands in the Crusades, and it seems it could be very useful to cause one of the great empires to become fractured, especially if you were at war with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HobGremlin View Post
    Will it be possible as another faction to cause one of the shadow factions to emerge in the Empires, for example, by sabotaging buildings that improve public order or converting part of the populace in order to reduce public order in settlements? This was one of my favorite ways of conquering the Holy Lands in the Crusades, and it seems it could be very useful to cause one of the great empires to become fractured, especially if you were at war with them.
    Great idea...Shadow factions will be trigered by the "king's" authority...If agent actions could harm this authority yes why not.. But do not expect mercheants in our mod. Trade income will be calculated by the trade facilities and infrastractures.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    ... But do not expect mercheants in our mod. Trade income will be calculated by the trade facilities and infrastractures.
    Great! You are a wise and good man Anthonius! Thanks! I hate them, you cannot imagine how much I hate the merchants in Med2!

It's almost unbelievable the anger that the Med2 merchants' activities arouse in my mind!

Didn't the Normans already practice the charge?

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Sounds good, I can't wait to subvert my enemies!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    In the Bayeux Tapestry they are still using both throwing spear and couched lance ... probably it's exactly the moment of the change ...

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

There are some discutions on this topic in Imperium Romanum preview thred and Normans preview thread.

@Anthonius: Havent you considered making also Frankish/German shadowing faction? There were plenty of dynastic disputes between Carolingians, Ottonians and Salians. They also influenced relations between the empire and its eastern Slavic neighbours as they usually involve in supporting either one or another side of the dispute (pursuing their own interests of course).

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    There are some discutions on this topic in Imperium Romanum preview thred and Normans preview thread.

@Anthonius: Havent you considered making also Frankish/German shadowing faction? There were plenty of dynastic disputes between Carolingians, Ottonians and Salians. They also influenced relations between the empire and its eastern Slavic neighbours as they usually involve in supporting either one or another side of the dispute (pursuing their own interests of course).
    Germans will have their dynasty change (Ottonian Germans) keeping the players interest to the end of game.
    Shadown factions exist for one reason mainly...To keep under control our HUGE two main factions of the mod. Bulgarians and Romans start with a huge number of provinces under their command. Shadow factions help us to keep them from simply sweep the minor factions easily. Events will assist shadow factions as well! As for more shadow factions...lets hope we will reach a release and them we can talk for an expansion..I remember the days TGC started with only 6 factions in the start reaching 20!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Aye, the two shadow factions are there mostly for gameplay reasons. In historical terms, only the Roman shadow faction is a must, while the Bulgarian shadow faction has no historical basis, as there were no major rebellions or separatism during our timeframe (the only major rebellion being the Pagan uprising after the Christianization, which ended several years before the starting date of the mod). But, indeed, Bulgaria and Byzantium are much bigger than the other factions (even though both BG and Byz also got some of their historical border provinces made grey-rebel at the start) and need something to keep them under some control. The Eastern Franks, on the other hand, while being a strong faction as well, aren't *that* big. And I think we've reached the faction limit anyway?

We have more faction slot available...but Nike is right...
    The main delima we face in the game is that AI controled faction do not operate as human controled countries...
    So playing with Romans for example , players will have huge ammount of financial resources and troops after a couple of turns...
    So what will be the need to play for long if a player will win in 10-20 turns?
    That is why we despertly need shadow factions and civil war/rebelions scripts.
    True Bulgarians had only minor separative moves but even them can be used for civil wars.
    Studies of Byzantine Empire by Rabeau has a lot of details that enlightned us about such events and for the 1st time i saw something that is "caussing" troubles even today in modern cetral balkans.
    More details will be revealed soon as we may found a person that will help us with our campaign script.

Default Expirient skinner needed:

We want a skinner to create several armor parts textures like sword scabbards, bow quivers boots etc ...
    These parts will be used to create several units for Roman rebel soldiers, Bulgaria and Servian ones plus few more Islamic units.
    If anyone interests please contact me via pm to give him/her more details and visual references.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Expirient skinner needed:

i am not interested.but i am giving u a link which contains my selcuk turcoman horse archer plus additional sumskillz islamic unit work(u may already got them).i had found ur turcoman soldiers not historically accurate.so this base model can be usefull for u anton.plus i found some of my arabic unit which i made for end of antiquity mod.

https://www.mediafire.com/?36yb74787c18658
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/jd...5qmsygr/EOA.7z

Thank you my friend. Any help counts!!

Default Visual references for material that could be used to finish TGC troop rosters:

Beware that all reference images copyrights belong to their creators.
    If anyone wishes to use them , must contuct with those creators via email and have their writen permision of use.
    What we ask from those that wish to help us is to use those refences as inspiration for creations that could be used to finish our mod.
    Images of Mr Skourtelis (all rights reserved).

All material must be in PSD format inorder to easily transfered to diferent UV maps of 3d parts:
    Let me explain with an example:

1st You all know that in many cases we use Rusichi material (legs or boots or bow scabbards) as primary material and THEN we modify them.
    From this reference picture a skiner could create the following psd layers.
    1st: The boot.
    a) The rhomb pattern as it looks.
    b) the decorative patern of the boots top.
    2nd: Bow scabard.
    a) the naturalistic patern (light blue)
    b) the round cyrcular patern in the middle.
    3rd The horse suddle
    The blue naturalistic patern.
    If those psd would be available to us it would be easy to create this warrior.
    Remember that much of this material will be used for Roman Rebels and Serbian (elite) units as well with minor changes (re-coloring).

Saracen horseman.

In this case we need is separeted psd layers:
    The green banner, the cycle inside the green banner (could be used also as shield patern) and the yellow cloth with it'e purple patern of the horse's suddle.
    Also the coat cloth and patern.
    Same here:

"Saracens" reeference models

From these models we need horse suddles, shield paterns and the islamic banner.

We have every 3d part to compose these warriors.

Nottice: The material anyone will provide, will be under the creator's property right to give it in any other mod he/she wishes to contribute.
    Every contribution will be made here in TGC mod will be as such (as a kindlly given gift/contribution) and not as TGC's property.
    TGC has the right to use and modify the material to fit in the mod's standards.
    Speaking of standards:
    This is where Islamic Factions rosters halted:
    Berber unit pack (AOR) made by
    Matthaeus :

Credits also to:
    Pacco for his wonderfull shield pack!
    Koultouras for his head pack.
    Sumskilz for Islamic 3d parts.
    Lord Calidor for his weapon pack.
    -------------------------------------
    Remember even the smallest contribution may be a huge help for us!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skourletis 8.png   skourletis 7.png  
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 27, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

TGC is in a brake point.
    Since our best skiners are inactive for long time we seak some high skilled shield patern makers to help us finish our rosters and release our custom battle version of TGC.

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Visual references for material that could be used to finish TGC troop rosters:

perhaps for the Saracen horsemen?

flag:

Here I need help by the arabic lettering, because i can't write arabic.

the Symbol alone:

It is a Little bit different to the model, but i hope it is still okay.

Bye the horsemen, do you mean the saddlecloth or the clothes of the horsemen?

Default Re: Visual references for material that could be used to finish TGC troop rosters:

Damn this flag is wonderfull!!!
    Out Islamic armies will rock!!!!

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

For the saracen horsemen:

for the horses saddle?

for the first Picture:
    the decorative pattern?

the pattern for the boots?

the pattern for the bow scabard?

I know, aren't the same tribals, but i hope it is still okay.