Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - version 09a

Hey I'm featured on the first post, SWEET.
    (oh and here is where I posted that pic - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...to#post9329195)

Nice mod mate
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; April 18, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Well I know that if you play as Tokugawa you sometimes recruit Ii Generals. They aren't real Historical Generals they just have the Ii Name and some random Name and they all wear the red armour with Naomasa's Golden Horns.

I would love to see lots of little minor Families on the game that fight for majors ones. Maybe some day when the Modding gets better someone can make a mod with lots of families and maybe have the map with a lot more smaller regions, for the families.
    Last edited by Ii Naomasa; April 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Are you playing on Changing the colour of the Banners to match the ones of this picture?

hey i have a question how to fund out which colors are which in the rgb or whatever that thing is called not hex cuase i am working on a mod that includes colors SHHH it private SHHHH.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

@SonOfOdin - credits should of course be given for all who've made an impact in this mod. Thanks for the feedback!

@Ii Naomasa - so S2TW features Ii generals if you play as Tokugawa?? I didn't know that. That's pretty cool!

A greater diversity of regions and clans would have been really nice, giving room for their system of retainers that switched allegiances all of a sudden and things like that. Otherwise I was thinking of perhaps equipping an other clan present in game in the same province that the Ii clan used to operate with the Il colours or something. But that would not be so good an idea historically. Oh, well. Pity. The Ii would have added some good sights to the show.

Yes, I aim to change some of the banners according to Danborg's illustrations like that. Not in all cases completely, though, for artistic reasons. I'm reluctant to change something to white banners, because of the all-whitening effect this creates for the appearance of the army from a distance. I'm not sure changing Hojo's current white mon to yellow would look good, either. But we'll see about that when the time comes for me to take a closer look at it. But I'm still having problems implementing Kurisu Paifuaa's advice on the matter.

@forcerecon - the first triple of figures in "RGB values" is for the armor, the second for the clothing, and the third for the details on the armor. The numbers in the armor triple is to be entered into the faction_uniform_colours table in the columns called R1, G1, and B1, respectively, the first number of the triple in column R1, the second in G1, etc. The numbers in the clothing triple into the columns called R2, G2, and B2, respectively, etc. Before you can do this, however, you must go to the file menu in PFM and unselect "CA Packs Are Read Only". When you have edited the file, set it back to "CA Packs Are Read Only" for the safety of your work. Save the file, exit and start up the game with the changes in place. Tell me if you get into trouble and I'll try to sort it out.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 20, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Nice job. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Nice job. Keep up the good work!
    Very nice of you to pop in and say so, Zane, I appreciate your word especially.

I think you and I have picked one of the more difficult kind of mods to make good, wouldn't you say? At least I have had to go through a lot of testing for anything to become remotely presentable. It takes so little to make or break a good colour combination.

All the best to your own project. We need options and inspiration from others wherever we can get it to make this great game even better.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

thx and like how do i know if it will be blue or another color?

Quote Originally Posted by forcerecon569 View Post
    thx and like how do i know if it will be blue or another color?
    For a good display with hex values, enter the digits into a column on this site: http://www.colorcombos.com/combotest...00&&show_text=. Otherwise, for both hex values and RGB values, use the colour choosing mode in an image editor like photoshop or GIMP. The latter is free and can be downloaded here: http://www.gimp.org.

Datek's Avatar Civis

Fantasic mod- + rep! Thanks for fixing the vanilla colors who were obviously done by a color blind chimp with a hangover.
    Signature by Ceylankral

Quote Originally Posted by Datek View Post
    Fantasic mod- + rep! Thanks for fixing the vanilla colors who were obviously done by a color blind chimp with a hangover.
    Thanks for the feedback, Datek. Yes, it kind of looks that way, that the people responsible for the uniform colours at CA did not put all their heart into that job, doesn't it? But, as far as I can remember, colours have never been CA's strongest side.

Don't miss the new clans available with the update!

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - updated to version 12b

I like the new faction color mods by you guys, I've tried a few, and while I like them close up, they all suffer the same problem. As you move the camera out the armies change colour...!!! Tokugawa went from white to black in one case as I panned the camera closer. I remember in medieval 2, when I modded some colours for teutonic campaign, it was the same as this. I found it was because at a certain distance, The Total war engine stopped rendering 3D models for units and switched to a series of animated 2D sprites. Of course these had to recoloured also... Without it my army would appear blue at distance and white close up!

I'm not sure if this is still the case in total war shogun 2, maybe tech has moved on and they render everything in 3D, but I am strong noticing colour changes with yours and zanes mod.

Yes, last time I heard, the community hasn't come to grips with that problem for S2TW yet. At least I haven't done anything to address it, but you're saying Zane might have, accounting for those colour changes you saw?

Edit: no, I just realized you probably mean compared to vanilla. Well, that's the situation right now. I believe some people are working on it, though.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 19, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Ralendil's Avatar Semisalis

I really think you should include Shimazu 2 and Tokugawa=shi 2
    Both are really great...

(I still prefer your first version of uesugi :p)

Thank you for the RGB values
    +rep for you

Quote Originally Posted by Jace11 View Post
    I like the new faction color mods by you guys, I've tried a few, and while I like them close up, they all suffer the same problem. As you move the camera out the armies change colour...!!! Tokugawa went from white to black in one case as I panned the camera closer. I remember in medieval 2, when I modded some colours for teutonic campaign, it was the same as this. I found it was because at a certain distance, The Total war engine stopped rendering 3D models for units and switched to a series of animated 2D sprites. Of course these had to recoloured also... Without it my army would appear blue at distance and white close up!
    you talk about sprites that have always been used in TW series
    (even on rome total war we had this, until we get a sprite generator from CA... but as they give less and less tools to mod... I would not bet on their help )
    Last edited by Ralendil; April 19, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Current Mod for S2TW: Sengoku Unit Cards

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Demokritos, here's my working PFM DBFileTypes directory with the addition for factions_banners. I think there might be some additional files different from the current release that Hedge Knight provided, but I can't remember atm. The relevant file is DBFileTypes_0.txt. I just appended the change to the end. Hope it helps even though you've got it working otherwise.

edit: Regarding the color changes: so long as that color mask is derived from the clan flag background color, getting things to look just right is going to be a pain. If the flag itself could be directly replaced and not affected by the current flag coloring scheme, then that color value could be utilized strictly to blend altered armor colors. The harsh color transition looks like a glitch though since it's way more noticable at intermediate camera distances. I hope we see some improvements in color and lighting with the release of the DX11 update and it's more advanced shader model.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; April 20, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - updated to version 12b, now including new banners

@Ii Naomasa - troubles concerning editing banner colours have been resolved and a mod for them complementing ACC 12b released, adding to the OP!

@Ralendil - Yes, "Togugawa 2" will be made "standard Tokugawa" in the next version of my mod. Still think "Shimazu 2" is a bit inferior in quality compared to current "standard Shimazu", though. But if enough people say they prefer the former over the latter here, I'll change their status accordingly. The posted mod is for you guys, after all. So democratic opinion rules in this respect. I can keep my own variant on my PC.

@Karisu Paifuaa - tested your attached file with PFM and it works! Don't know why I got that error message before. I typed in that added script manually in the correct file at the end of my own version just like you did. But maybe it was a mistake to copy the spacing before and after the other entries, as this is the only difference which I could see between my DBFileTypes_0 file and yours (though the latter also contains many other new entries compared to your earlier advice). Anyway, thanks for giving me the option to use the PFM (apart from my trusted hex code editor) for this job as well. It will facilitate some parts in the making of future banner mods.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 21, 2011 at 01:14 PM.

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - updated to version 12b, now including new banners

Nice One Dude! Downloading Now!

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Banners!? yeah!
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Just wanna let you know that i use now your colours and banners mod with the less glossy mod, without the unit variety mod (because of the hands bug), i miss the latter one as for the realism-variety, but for the eyes the less glossy mod is even better.

Keep up your good work, eager to see your mod finished one day
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 21, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

@Karisu Paifuaa - tested your attached file with PFM and it works! Don't know why I got that error message before. I typed in that added script manually in the correct file at the end of my own version just like you did. But maybe it was a mistake to copy the spacing before and after the other entries, as this is the only difference which I could see between my DBFileTypes_0 file and yours (though the latter also contains many other new entries compared to your earlier advice). Anyway, thanks for giving me the option to use the PFM (apart from my trusted hex code editor) for this job as well. It will facilitate some parts in the making of future banner mods.
    There's a space which is actually a tab in the first line. Porphyr mentioned it when he posted the information in the PFM thread, maybe I forgot to note that Or possibly an encoding issue with the text editor? I use Notepad++ and encoding is UTF-8 (no BOM).