Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I unlock the Hattori Clan with the Standard Edition of Shogun 2 Total War?

Default Can I unlock the Hattori Clan with the Standard Edition of Shogun 2 Total War?

I just bought my copy of Shogun 2 Total War, However Game no longer had any of the limited edition left. I was wondering If I can still unlock the Hattori Clan in the Standard Edition.
    Thanks

Kind Regards,

Leo

Default Re: Can I unlock the Hattori Clan with the Standard Edition of Shogun 2 Total War?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon4rdo View Post
    I just bought my copy of Shogun 2 Total War, However Game no longer had any of the limited edition left. I was wondering If I can still unlock the Hattori Clan in the Standard Edition.
    Thanks

Kind Regards,

Leo
    Maybe there will be a DLC that unlocks them or try to get a code for the Hattori Clan on ebay. Could imagine that some might sell their LimitedEdition codes there.
    Or you could wait for a mod to unlock them which is likely not to be released.
    Don't smoke the seed

August's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Can I unlock the Hattori Clan with the Standard Edition of Shogun 2 Total War?

It is likely that you can, but you would have to wait awhile.

Creative Assembly probably would release Hattori in the manner similar to the Empire/Napoleon exclusive content. Having said that, it is merely a speculation based on CA/Sega's prior marketing decisions.

Regretably, no. Unless someone will sacrifice their own activation code for you - good luck with that.

Probably Mods will unlock them

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Um...Yes! You can, but given the experiences this community had with unlocking similar content in NTW, it would not be legal.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Um...Yes! You can, but given the experiences this community had with unlocking similar content in NTW, it would not be legal.
    I remember when I unlocked the Special Forces of ETW my mod got deleted on the same day and CA fixed it in the following patch
    So I wouldn't rely on a mod that unlocks the Hattori Clan.
    Don't smoke the seed

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Illegal and unwelcome are different things.

I don't think the TWC would condone threads regarding modding in the bonus content, as to not risk their relation with CA.

I would not go as far as to say it's illegal, however.

Dragooon's Avatar Centenarius

It will be, it's same as Pirating.

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragooon View Post
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Dragooon View Post
    Pirating isn't illegal.

Not in the Netherlands, at least.

I;m not saying it's a moral or right thing to do, I'm just saying that simply stating that it is 'illegal' or constitutes 'theft' is just not correct in many jurisdictions.
    Last edited by Maizel; March 14, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post
    Illegal and unwelcome are different things.

I don't think the TWC would condone threads regarding modding in the bonus content, as to not risk their relation with CA.

I would not go as far as to say it's illegal, however.
    Taking someone's saleable product for 'free' is theft.

Since the Hattori Clan is one of CA's saleable products, taking it for free would be theft.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

Theft requires an object to unlawfully be taken out of the possession of the rightful owner.

This does not happen.

So it's very hard to say that it's theft.

And I know it might sound like arguing semantics to some people, but this stuff actually matters.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Theft requires an object to unlawfully be taken out of the possession of the rightful owner.

This does not happen.

And I know it might sound like arguing semantics to some people, but this stuff actually matters.
    It's still illegal outside of the Netherlands.

Dragooon's Avatar Centenarius

You steal a product from a store and it is theft, pirating is the same thing, you are stealing the game. It is an accepted theft. Atleast that's how it is in most of the countries.

theft if you take what you dont have but when you buy the game standard,limited or whatever this is on your hard drive so basicaly you'll pay extra (dlc) for what you already have on your disk, very much like buy a car with radio but you've to pay extra to use the radio ......... just a comparison....
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Sorry for the noob question, is the hattori clan the samurais in red armor?

duhsveti's Avatar Libertus

Oh boy this thread wont end well

This does not happen.

It doesn't matter if you steal something physically or electronically. Theft is theft.

If you get Object A for free without the consent of the producter, when Object A has a cost equal to X, you have committed theft. This is not symantics.

The Line of Thor

August's Avatar Decanus

Let's no go into discussion of law circumvention. This is not the place.

Unlocking paid features of the game is not something CA/Sega or ,indeed, this forum's administration would condone.

Sorry for the noob question, is the hattori clan the samurais in red armor?
    Black armour, with red details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast