Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.7 - updated 4.4.11

Is this compatible with Darthmod? Thanks!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Thanks swiss +rep

Meethos's Avatar Civis

Are the Loan Sword ashigaru supposed to be recruited directly from castles now without having a sword dojo?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

KaMy's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.6 - updated 30.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello to all AUM-SHO players.

today I released AUM-SHO 1.7 and below is the changelog. I will update the first page with all new information now.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - changed all table names from "aum_*" to "aum_van*" to make it clear that these tables change "vanilla" units
    - decreased the experience that the unlocked vanilla units get from the buildings
    - "Katana Samurai" can now use "rapid_advance"
    - "Loan Sword Ashigaru" can be recruited at all castle buildings
    - "Naginata Warrior Monks Cavalry" are assigned to the correct "SHO_Yari_2_Naginata_Dojo" (in vanilla they are ssigned to "SHO_Yari_1_Drill_Yard")
    - "Katana Ronin" and "Yari Ronin" are recruitable at all market buildings but there has to be at minimum the castle building level 2 in the region

- unlocked these three vanilla units in the single player custom battle and in the campaign

"Inf_Sword_Samurai_Retainers" are recruitable at all castle buildings
    "Inf_Heavy_Onna_Bushi" are recruitable at these castle building levels (2,3,4,5)
    "Cav_Spear_Great_Guard_Takeda" are recruitable at the "SHO_Cavalry_3_Bajutsu_Master" and

"SHO_Cavalry_4_Legendary_Bajutsu_Dojo"

- unlocked these six vanilla ships in the single player custom battle and in the campaign

"Galleon_The_Black_Ship"
    > "SHO_Port_4_Nanban_Quarter"

"Galleon_Caravel"
    > "SHO_Port_4_Nanban_Quarter"

"Trade_Ship_Red_Seal_Ship"
    > same recruitment like in vanilla "SHO_Port_4_Drydock"

"Trade_Ship_Trade_Ship"
    > same recruitment like in vanilla

"Trade_Ship_Wako_Trade_Ship"
    > "SHO_Port_2_Trading_Port" "SHO_Port_3_Military_Port" "SHO_Port_4_Drydock" "SHO_Port_3_Nanban_Trade_Port"

"SHO_Port_4_Nanban_Quarter"

Addtionally there has to be the building "SHO_Region_Specialty_Naval_2_Pirate_Lair" in the region.

"Medium_Ship_Wako_Medium_Bune"
    > "SHO_Port_3_Military_Port" "SHO_Port_4_Drydock" "SHO_Port_3_Nanban_Trade_Port" "SHO_Port_4_Nanban_Quarter"

Addtionally there has to be the building "SHO_Region_Specialty_Naval_2_Pirate_Lair" in the region.

- included the "aum_van_units" table which optimizes the costs, upkeeps and recruitment limits of these units below. This will prevent the CAI to spam these units.

Unit_ID Unit_Limit SP/MP

Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin 6
    Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin 6
    Inf_Sword_Katana_Wako 4
    Inf_Missile_Bow_Wako 4
    Inf_Sword_Samurai_Retainers 4
    Inf_Heavy_Onna_Bushi 3
    Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry 6
    Galleon_The_Black_Ship 2
    Galleon_Caravel 6 (Nanban Trade Ship)
    Trade_Ship_Red_Seal_Ship 0
    Trade_Ship_Trade_Ship 0
    Trade_Ship_Wako_Trade_Ship 6
    Medium_Ship_Wako_Medium_Bune 4

- The in-game encyclopedia is fully independent and doesn't recognize the changed DB table costs automatically.

Shogun 2 "Language/Encyclopedia"

Cheers and enjoy AUM-SHO 1.7!
    Swiss Halberdier
    Sweet changelog except for the Onna Bushi which i find available too soon (tier 4 & 5 when they are here to help as garrison would be nicer).

Thanks and keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Meethos View Post
    Are the Loan Sword ashigaru supposed to be recruited directly from castles now without having a sword dojo?
    - "Loan Sword Ashigaru" can be recruited at all castle buildings

I wanted to ask if anyone else has notice the Cannon Brune disappearing from the custom battle unit selection? I remove this mod and the Cannon Brune is back but with this mod active, cannot seem to find the Cannon Brune anymore. Beside that issue this mod is awesome, I just wish it was compatible with DarthMod. Thanks!

Btw, your Onna Bushi and Samurai Retainer screenshots are switched. Otherwise, fantastic job!

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Thanks swiss +rep
    Thanks a lot my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Meethos View Post
    Hello Meethos, yes they don't need the sword school anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KaMy View Post
    Sweet changelog except for the Onna Bushi which i find available too soon (tier 4 & 5 when they are here to help as garrison would be nicer).

Thanks and keep up the good work
    Thanks KaMy, the new PFM is available and you can easily remove the lower castle buildings from the Onna Bushi unit.

Quote Originally Posted by adbr View Post
    Is this compatible with Darthmod? Thanks!
    This has been asked a lot of times already and AUM-SHO is compatible with DMS since the start. Please read the complete first page.

It is fully compatible with DMS and it is save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Qintar View Post
    I wanted to ask if anyone else has notice the Cannon Brune disappearing from the custom battle unit selection? I remove this mod and the Cannon Brune is back but with this mod active, cannot seem to find the Cannon Brune anymore. Beside that issue this mod is awesome, I just wish it was compatible with DarthMod. Thanks!
    Hello Qintar, thanks for your feedback. That's probably because of the newly discovered "Unit limit in the custom battle screen". I have to look at it.

Unfortunately there is a problem in the custom battle screen. I unlocked several vanilla units and then I saw that there is a problem in the custom battle and Avatar recruitment queue.

Samurai Retainers and Onna Bushi
    Good that CA included a scroll bar in the recruitment queue of the campaign because it was highly missed in ETW/NTW.

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

But they didn't include a scroll bar in the custom battle or Avatar screen.

The unlocked Samurai Retainers are hidden on the right side of the Onna Bushi unit. It's possible to click on it. But if another unlocked or custom unit is added to the same row, then it can't be clicked anymore.

I will post this problem in the bug thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaija View Post
    Btw, your Onna Bushi and Samurai Retainer screenshots are switched. Otherwise, fantastic job!
    Hello Rakaija, thanks a lot and I updated the first page with all new information and fixed the switched pictures.

KaMy's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks KaMy, the new PFM is available and you can easily remove the lower castle buildings from the Onna Bushi unit.
    Thanks for the tips, i'm going to look into it.

Thanks for the update Swiss! I finally had a chance to test out the Black Ship, great fun!
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by Good ole Reb View Post
    Thanks for the update Swiss! I finally had a chance to test out the Black Ship, great fun!
    Thanks a lot and yes the Black Ship is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Qintar View Post
    Hello Qintar, I found the problem and it is really related to the new discovered "Unit limit in the custom battle screen". There is a second row but the units from the first row don't swap to the second row.

Here is a how-to fix the missing "Cannon Bune" with the the latest
    Pack File Manager 1.6.4 beta.

1. open the aum_sho_mod.pack
    2. go to the table "aum_van_units"
    3. scroll to the right until you see the "Early availability" column. I marked the related columns in the screenshot.
    4. choose one ship which you want to remove from custom battle to get the "Cannon Bune" back.

Change the three marked columns from "True" to "False".

The PFM has been updated with several important missing db tables. I can now finally start to create new units!

Thanks a lot and yes the Black Ship is awesome!

Hello Qintar, I found the problem and it is really related because of the newly discovered "Unit limit in the custom battle screen". There is a second row but the units from the first row don't swap to the second row.

Here is a how-to fix the missing "Cannon Bune" with the the latest
    Pack File Manager 1.6.4 beta.

1. open the aum_sho_mod.pack
    2. go to the table "aum_van_units"
    3. scroll to the right until you see the "Early availability" column. I marked the related columns in the screenshot.
    4. choose one ship which you want to remove from custom battle to get the "Cannon Bune" again.

Change the three marked columns from "True" to "False".

The PFM has been updated with several important missing db tables. I can now finally start to create new units!
    Woo! Haha. Sounds like this is gonna be fun to experiment with in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaija View Post
    Woo! Haha. Sounds like this is gonna be fun to experiment with in the future.
    Sure!

A note to the use of the PFM for all players that are not experienced how to use this tool. I recommend to be very careful what you edit in the db tables. One wrong entry can cause CTD's if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

I made a post in the official S2 bug thread here about the missing scroll bar in the custom battle screen. This problem is really bad for all compilations or unit pack mods that unlock vanilla units and add custom units.

Thanks, Swiss! You rock!!!

I just realized that there's no Encyclopedia page for some of the units, namely the Monk Cavalry and the Wako units. Dammit CA!

I'm all for new units, but the balance seems off. Wako and ronin units are better than samurai and recruit in 1 turn instead of two. Also, every city can now recruit powerful units since pretty much every city has a sake den and/or a market, if they don't have a bunch of samurai buildings. Also, there's not really a big reason to have new units if they're the exact same as another unit, or just a better version of another unit. I realize there's not a lot of room for variety or uniqueness in this timeframe, but there should be some differences in armor, morale, speed, or defence or something, so the player may have to think about what kind of unit he wants. While I do like the additional options, with the current setup every city can build badass units, so there isnt much reason for focusing a fortress to be a troop production center, because every city pretty much becomes one.

Also, maybe a bug, but wako archers cost 300 upkeep? Other wako/ronin/samurai are nowhere near that.

Deus6783, well, I share the same complaints, the problem was really shown in the last version, seeing the CAI recruiting full stacks of bow wako, however, I believe these problems are fixed, or less noticable, since the newest version introduces unit caps on the new units the AI can build. So once the AI reaches that cap, they will (in theory) start regular recruitment. So by the mid campaign things will balance out. I cant wait to try this out, but I want to try S2Realism, and this mod would kind of throw that one out of balance. But when I go back to Darthmod, this will be so installed with it!

1.7 update its awesome!...i was able to recruit the black ship XD...a lol bit disappointed that the new ships werent added for custom battles...but i hope that gets fixed for update 1.8 XD...

Thanks Swiss but I dont think Samurai Retainers should be recruitable imo. One army of them can wipe out a bunch of loansword ashigaru. It was disturbing lol.

Outstanding work! Thankyou! Such a pleasure to have a sword option to deal with bloody Yari!

+++rep

thx a lot Swiss, love your mods since i played empire total war, this aum in Shogun 2 is again awesome work