Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2 Sub mod Questions & Idea's

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2 Sub mod Questions & Idea's

okay. thanks. If it CTD im not even gonna try.

I have a request for a submod, or hey, maybe a tweak for the RSII Mod itself.
    I love playing as the Greek States but as i am bit a a control freak i spend the early turns of the game just abandoning every settlement i own exept the ones i wish to play with. (Massila for a Hellenic-Gaul Empire, Syracuse for a Sicilian state, Athens and its leauge in Greece etc)
    This is time consuming and very dull, so if anyone could split the many states in the game into nations of their own. (Kingdom of Syracuse, Delian League etc)
    I would appreciate it greatly.

hi

the mod is superb ,it proves to be really historical,and a great plus from vannila.

it s great to bring rome to the statut of empire,but something is missing.

after you conquer historical Roman empire,and deal with the revolts,the game is preety ended.

Is it possible to implement the huns,ostrogots vizigots and all other barbarian invasions into the mod?it s cool,to see the rise of an empire,BUT IT S MUCH BETTER TO SEE THE FALL OF IT

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Nope. We are out of faction slots, units slots and more or less everything else needed.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a plan/ suggestion for a Pricipate sub-mod
    Various ideas for Start date:27 bc Pricipate of Augustus- 180 ad Principate of Marcus Aurelius

factions:
    • Romans
    • Shadow Romans
    • Dalmations/Pannonians
    • Dacia
    • Sarmatae
    • Parthians
    • Blemmyes
    • Suebi
    • Marcomanni
    • cherusci
    • Quadi
    • Armenia
    • Judea (was not annexed till 6ad)
    • Cantabri/Astures
    Most of factions are either already in or can be altered to fit time line and perhaps can find other sources of units with permissions of course

I have absolutely no modding ability, but with some help and tuitions am happy to learn
    If anyone wants to help that would be great, in the mean time I will research and tutor myself

I hope the developers of this fantastic mod will allow me to attempt this idea, thanks for your time and this excellent mod
    Wish me luck.
    Oh and suggestions please
    Thanks
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; November 08, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

I support Demetrius I Poliorketes' proposal because this would be awesome.
    The Principate is my,and i think many other players' or future players',favourite era and always my own personal achievement goal whenever i play as Rome in the RS mod(s).
    I have no modding experience on RTW,but i offer my full cooperation on this sub mod(if it goes through)as researcher if needed.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Sounds like a great idea, always surprised there are no Principate mods

Signature made by Joar

12 tpy?

Don't know, exceedingly early stages, teaching myself. Still looking for help, if you have any skills? Perhaps could offer 6, 4 and 12 optional

egor's Avatar Tiro

It would be absulutly(sp?) awesome to see a sub mod focusing on Grecon-Bactrian and Greco-Indian kingdoms, their rise to power and fall to natives/barbarians and others. It would also be nice to conquer the European world as some Indian kingdom , all this in RSII style epic enviroment and endless stacks- style!

Those, who don't eat, are eaten - Egor
    I do not steal victory - Μέγας Ἀλέξανδρος

Yes, it would, but that would mean a new map

Hello guys! Please tell me where i can download new intro movies for RSII! I can't find them... Thank you,

Os, maybe some of you have others ides of what i can download to make the game more interesting??

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Answered in the other thread you made.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    I support Demetrius I Poliorketes' proposal because this would be awesome.
    The Principate is my,and i think many other players' or future players',favourite era and always my own personal achievement goal whenever i play as Rome in the RS mod(s).
    Principate ? Sounds like you have to play this...
    Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors"

its up to 180 AD and includes Hadrians max expansion as victory condition...in this scenario the segmentata legions make plenty of sense...

I have played your mod, and love it ! But what we proposed was starting at beginning of Principate . with the correct enemies -and friends- at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius I Poliorketes View Post
    I have played your mod, and love it ! But what we proposed was starting at beginning of Principate . with the correct enemies -and friends- at that time.
    ...making a RSII Barbarian Invasion...well...the effort and amount of work to be invested would be huge to say at least...personally I would consider there is little chance of pulling this out without having very skilled and profesional working individuals on team...
    Just as a comparison...I spent 300 hours on FGE and had no artwork to create neither I had to recode entire files like traits/ancillarys and could use to nearly full extend all existing texfiles (and there is lots of them), existing factions, assets, map and the initial descr_strat.txt and and and and...
    not going into to much detail but let me say that for your scenario there would be the need to create entirely new settings for lots of things and that the required amount of work maybe would surpass the motivation and time available of making this scenario...sorry...dont wanna sound brutal...its just...hey...let me copypaste an article for you which personally I found very interesting...maybe its of some use and helps to put some things into right context...anyway best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor420
    "So you want to make a mod, eh?"

Let me preface this article by saying, every single gamer on the entire planet has a great idea for a game, or a mod of their favourite game. Their ideas are always superior to all other ideas, and unique to all other ideas. And sometimes, they are. But the ingenuity of an idea, or the greatness of a concept, is irrelevant. What matters, as someone starting the mod, is YOU. YOU will run the mod, fuel it, push it, not the other way around. This is the first fundamental mistake people make. Ideas are worthless, and with few exceptions (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.,) no one will be as excited about your idea as you are, and you will get no talented recruits based on an idea alone. What matters, is YOU.

Are you able to start a successful mod? Likely not. Have you ever worked on a successful mod before? Have you ever led a mod? Do you currently possess all the skills required to complete your idea (art and coding)? These are vital questions that most people do not ask themselves when they start a mod. Because, honestly, its depressing. But they are questions that hold true, in example after example. Now, it will be very easy to ignore this advice. There is nothing to stop you from posting it anyway and looking for team members. So let me try to convince you why it is in your best interest to not start your glorious mod idea.
    • Is your idea REALLY that good? World War II/III? Comon. Deadly virus outbreak? Comon... Post-apocalypse? Warcraft? Generic fantasy? No matter how good, and how nuanced, your idea is, on the surface, it is extremely generic. ALL ideas are, there are very few 'original' ideas. And if you think yours is original, it is likely because you do not have enough experience as a designer. On the other hand, all ideas are unique. But the unique aspect is always second to the generic aspect, until you create something so people take more time to peer into your concept.
    • Is your idea copyrighted? Is it based on Star Wards, Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, etc? I don't give a care to intellectual property infringement as far as mods/nonprofits go. But if you do not possess the skills to start a mod otherwise, what gives you the right to start a mod based on a pop-culture concept? Leave it to the experienced people to start the mod, then you can work on your favourite franchise, and learn, at the same time. Starting a mod based on these franchises takes zero skill, and even less originality. Just because you will automatically attract more talented people, does not mean the mod will be healthy. YOU will be its initial driving force, and if you aren't able to drive, you are going to steer the ship off course or crash it entirely.
    • What will you do? Unless you are able to produce assets of production quality, or have a good amount of coding knowledge to implement the mod's important features, you don't serve a purpose. You hold no practical power or authority as the founder, as the leader, as the manager, "web-guy," or designer. I have met only a handful of skilled designers, and I have never met a designer that formed the team and led it. Design is an auxiliary role, and if designers are leaders, it is because they have inherited a team, are extremely skilled and respected at what they do, and the team has proven they can get things accomplished beyond design.
    • Can you create a decent product if you are by yourself? For artists, this means, can you create enough art to push the mod past the starting line, and after that, most of the art for the entire mod? For coders, this means, can you set up the gameplay systems and features on your own, as the only coder? Things such as maps, sound, design, etc., are auxiliary, and do not create an entire mod in and of themselves.
    • What do you have to gain from starting a mod? Are there any other mods similar to yours? Why not join one of these mods, to contribute to a product, develop your skills, and aid others? If your mod is "Dinosaurs vs. Smurfs," your concept is likely too unique to find another mod similar enough to be interested, but on the other hand, too unique to find anyone with a similar interest or passion to help you with the mod. As I said before, ideas mean nothing. If you can do the work, you can make people excited for your Dinosaur/Smurf game.
    • If you had your dream skills, would you be content working at the whim, or even at the same level, as the former-you? Why would anyone who possesses great skills work for/under someone who lacks any real skills? Do not expect to find people much more talented than yourself. And do not expect them to work on your project. They will often naturally come along to 'pop culture' projects such as Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, but it is highly unlikely a skilled artist will sign up for a mod that has skins made in MSPaint.
    • Finally: You need skills to make games. A lot of skills. Mad skillz. You are much better served spending your time learning and 'doing,' rather than struggling to create your own team. Then, once you've blossomed, you can start your own project will experience, confidence, and skills. If you lack the fortitude to invest the time required to build your skills, you will never be able to create your own mod. And I hope, after reading this, you won't think you can convince other people to make your mod for you..
    Last edited by chris10; January 07, 2012 at 07:54 AM.

Sadly your right, just have to hope one day- somebody who can do the job does so

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

I'd like a submod that would make the barbarian factions less aggressive,I want the Gauls to stay in Gauls,attacking my borders constantly obviously but nowhere else,I want the spaniards to stay in spain,the dacians to stay in dacia and the other smaller barbarian factions to stay put,I want to fight them in the same place as the Romans did not have the spanish controlling all Gaul and Germany,the dacians controlling all of russia.

Though the Parthians,Macedonians and Carthaginians should rightly expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza93 View Post
    I'd like a submod that would make the barbarian factions less aggressive,I want the Gauls to stay in Gauls,attacking my borders constantly obviously but nowhere else,I want the spaniards to stay in spain,the dacians to stay in dacia and the other smaller barbarian factions to stay put,I want to fight them in the same place as the Romans did not have the spanish controlling all Gaul and Germany,the dacians controlling all of russia.

Though the Parthians,Macedonians and Carthaginians should rightly expand.
    the AI behaviour of factions is hardcoded in the exe ...to do these kind of things (and I guarantee every RTW mod would love to do so) the source code has to be rewritten in parts and be compiled into a new exe which obviously is not going to happen

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    the AI behaviour of factions is hardcoded in the exe ...to do these kind of things (and I guarantee every RTW mod would love to do so) the source code has to be rewritten in parts and be compiled into a new exe which obviously is not going to happen
    Oh well guess I'll just KBO.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast