Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Wellcome to Five Good Emperors ! DOWNLOAD Thread
    EDIT: 26.01.2014 over 4300 DL in total. Glad you had so much fun with it.
    07.03.2015 REUPLOAD

NOTE: MOD CAN BE PLAYED WITH RSII 2.6. JUST TAKE THE LAUNCHER OUT OF THIS MOD AND INSTALL ACCORDING TO INSTALL NOTES. THEN USE RSII 2.6 LAUNCHER

Read what others think about FGE:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...80#post8599680

Discussion/Release Thread link

General Discussion: Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

I have done my best to assure that there are no campaign breaking bugs but some things may remain undiscovered and have to be tested among a wider range of players.

Its important to know that I have not changed any core data of RSII itself and that the only real source of possible CTDs caused by this expansion are end turn CTDs related to script/ancillary errors but these things can be fixed easily without any harm for campaign.

BE SAVE AND SAVE OFTEN:
    I generate saves according to the following pattern 540AUC, 545AUC, 550 AUC and so on.
    If something goes terribly wrong you have lots of saves in 5 years steps (10 Turns) to rely on. I really like to encourage everybody to do something similar to avoid serious frustrations.

AN ADDITIONAL OBSERVATION:
    Hannibals Army is considerably stronger now. However, if the player decides to not move during the first turn (anyway the best choice) Hannibal may attack Arretium but in other cases he withdraws towards Genoa to guard the city and the AI starts building barracks there asap...this is very dangerous...deal with the Rebellion and then quickly go for Hannibal and Genoa.

I also like to expressly point out that this is an exclusive veteran scenario which
    can turn out to be extremely difficult for more unexperienced players and possibly could be the source of constant frustration
    if you are not totally familar with the game mechanic, leadership system, logistics and the economic system. All these things have to work together. Especially important is the need of having good governours or the economy very likely will collapse. (Although Iam still working on the issue to try to find the best setting, especially for after the Reform). The game is long...if you dont make instantly money try to resist mo money cheats and develope your economy before raising more troops to go on a conquest. It is intentional that the player has not the money to built every turn in every city and additional raising and maintaining lots of forces.
    I recommend H/H difficutly and "Huge" settings as the difficulty has been optimized on this setting. Smaller units will result in a more difficult campaign.
    With H/H and "huge" I had and still have lots of fun in my Beta Campaign.
    If you find it to difficult I recommend to lower the settings to H/M or to M/M.
    If thats still to much and you are pegged down unable to expand in any direction I think It would be a good idea that you first try to beat the normal Roman 1Turn Campaign on H/H before coming back to this.
    Be warned that Blitzing will not benefit at all in this scenario.

INSTALL:
    IMPORTANT: YOU HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST RS 2.1 a.
    1.NO ! Obviously...This will NOT overwrite Rome 1Turn
    2.Extract the zip into an empty folder
    3.Open that folder and draw a box around the " folders until they are all selected (blue), right click and copy.
    4.Open your RTW directory, place the mouse cursor over an empty space and click "paste"
    If promted for overwriting yes to everything.
    5. use RS 2.6 launcher to include FGE to laucnh options - launch

INSTALL FOR OMNISCIENT PC VETERANS:
    1. What shall I say...have a look at the folders and you know what to do !

DOWNLOAD FGE 1:5 HERE:
    + Download

###IMPORTANT: NO OTHER SUBMOD CAN BE INSTALLED INTO THIS CAMPAIGN WITHOUT MESSING SOMETHING UP###

Fixes:
    Fixed wrong Rome growth bonus which affected entire Italy. Now only Rome has +4 %

Changes:
    -Changed permanent growth bonuses for Capitals to +4 % when owned by their Faction.
    -Massalia,Surakousai and Athenai have +3 % growth bonus when in Roman ownership too
    -Alexandria and Antiocheia have +4 % growth bonus when in Roman ownership too

Version 1.4

Fixes:
    - Rewritten a script line in Scythia AI army spawn

Added:
    -Gold Weapons Upgrade in Rome with Pantheon of Mars + another Building present (you will find out,eventually...LOL)

Changes:
    -Reduced Movement Points 1/4 (effect only on new campaign)
    -Changed Spartacus Spawn Location to remove terrain advantage for Player
    -Made first Rebellion slightly more difficult

Units:
    -All Spearmen Units for all Factions have now bonus against Cavalry
    light: horse +1
    heavy: horse +2

-All Cavalry Units have penalty against Elephants -1/-2

-Elephants have bonus against Cavalry +1

Version1.3.3

Fixes:
    - Multiple Belagae Army spawn

Changes:
    -All exclusive Roman Units +100 Upkeep

Version 1.3.2

Fixes:
    - Re-written Spartacus Event to avoid multiple triggering

Added:
    -Finally managed to implement the working Judean Revolt

-Building Prices
    Goverment Determination----2000
    Client State---------------8000
    Annex----------------------6000
    Citizenship----------------12000

Oppidum lvl 1--------------6000
    Oppidum lvl 2--------------8000
    Oppidum lvl 3--------------12000
    Field Mars-----------------14000
    Roman Fortress-------------16000

Imperial Base--------------40000

Theatre of Pompeii in Rome-20000

Roman Theatre in Gaul------10000

Hadrianwall----------------60000

Version 1.3.1 hotfix
    changelog

Fixes:
    -Fixed repeating spawn of defensive Armys which are only supposed to help the AI against the AI

Version 1.3 changelog

Fixes:
    -Fixed repeating Spain Revolt

Added:
    Historic Roman Watchtower (Thnx Davide. Cool)
    before launching game press "delete map.rvm"

Changes:
    -Upkeep for most Roman Troops +20% (Polybians,Velites,Equites,Numered Legions etc.)
    -Cut half growth bonuses for Romans from population growth buildings.
    -Removed population growth bonus for Romans from Markets,Forum, Great Forum etc
    +3% Population growth for all Capitals but only if owned by original Faction

Version 1.2 changelog

Fixes:
    -Removed donation event
    -wrong Ancillary entry

Added:
    Merchant Ship for Campaign Map (Thnx Davide. Cool)
    Another Bandit

Changes:
    -Lowered tax and trade income for Rome when building certain high end strucutres (after marian)
    -Raised Upkeep for Agents
    -Spys: 500
    -Assasins: 500
    -Diplomats: 700

-Building Prices
    Forts: 6000 Now you think about where to built them !
    Watchtowers: 2100
    Praetorian Training: 20000
    Praetorian Castra: 30000

-Permanent Bonus to building time and cost for all AI Factions to help them be more of a challenge

-Roman Hostilia only available with existing Curia

Credits:
    I keep working on the economy to avoid that Rome will swim in money once it is expanding and try adding a few more surprises for the after Marian time and post Civil war time,too

chris10

[/CONTENTBOX]

FAQ

FIRST READ THE RELEASE THREAD !!!
    I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WHICH ARE ALREADY AMSWERED IN THE GENERAL DISCUSION OPENING POST,HERE IN THE RELEASE THREAD OR IN THE FAQ WHICH YOU FIND RIGHT HERE:
    How to deal with end Turn CTD bugs ?
    I need an exact explanation of what you where doin (captured settlement xxx) before you hit end turn or I will not be able to locate the related script line to fix the problem.
    Why does Settlement xxx does not spawn a Garrison ?
    Garrisons have been assigned for a more or less plausible reasons and possible expansion. If Egypt owns Sparta for example there will not spawn a garrison for them if the city is besieged by the player. As well there are no Garrisons spawning for Settlements outside the Roman Influence area (Provinces who never have been conquered). Additionally I discovered that Garrisons refuse to spawn in double named Settlements like Lepcis_Magna. I dont know whats wrong, maybe I find a solution. If not we have to live with it.
    Why Iam not making enough money?
    You can make lots of money by allow proper governour evolution, developing economy and maintaining the right balance between military expenses, income and building policy.
    After all you are a veteran and this is a veteran scenario . You have to figure out this part yourself or have a look at the quick strategy guide for some additional quick tips.
    How and where do Generals get Legion Ancillarys ?
    Have a look at the General Discussion THREAD (link at the bottom) under Ancillarys. There is a list and a Map of all Citys where Legion Ancillarys can be obtained. If a General with an Ancillary dies the Ancillary is available again for the first General who passes a turn in the Settlement where the Ancillary is obtained.

SEE QUICK STRATEGY GUIDE POST 2

General Discussion Thread
    link:

General Discussion: Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII

Last edited by chris10; March 07, 2015 at 07:57 AM.

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

QUICK STRATEGY GUIDE

HOUSERULES:

1. For a real challenging Game dont use "Quicksiege" (carrying Wallbreaking stoneballistas to attack the same turn).Instead built your siege equipment and wait 1 turn until its finished. That way the Town/City will gather its forcesand the Garrison pops up. You still can autoresolve if you like but at least you will sustain some casualties which is a lot more realistic.
    2. Do not use mo-money cheats. Deal with the ressources you have.
    3. Only 1 Legion per number. If you loose an entire legion including eagle do NOT re-recruit it.
    4. Keep Army compositions close to historical examples:
    Legion: 1 General 1 First Cohort 9 Cohorts 2-4 Cavalry 2-4 Skirmisher/Archer 1-3 Aux/Siege/Mercs 20 Units
    5. No use of forced diplomacy to avoid that the AI will take one of your citys. Take setbacks as what they are: A demand to make it better next time. Be patient, its a strategy game...rebuilt your forces and come back once you are prepared.

Tips & Tricks

1. Start developing your citys with quick 1 turn to built economic structures (trade exp,river-port,glass etc. including trade and tax temples)
    2. Built oppidums...you need the level 2 Oppidum to be ablet o built Client State to recruit allied troops.
    3. Only built the necessarry happiness buildings and focus on economy while making 2-3 citys unitpumpers (military focus + large foundry )...you can retrain somewhere else...Roma and Capua are already prepared so keep pumping
    4. Develope your citys economy with all the other economic buildings (including tax and trade temples)
    5. Remember you need the oppidum lvl3 + Citizenship + Fortifed City + Supply Army Rations in place to proceed to field of mars and roman fortress for the numbered Legions.
    6. Settle Gouvernours and let them grow and obtain more management + influence over time.Influence will not be gained as much by fighting as by Academies and the like. You need to let your Generals rest a while in a well developed city and you will see his influence rise with the right ancilleries
    7. Do not try to fight on all borders...your economy will probably not support this.
    8. When you go on a campaign gather enough forces or your conquest will fail and possibly you loose your entire expeditionary force.The key is to plan ahead BEFORE an invansion and have your support armies/garrisons in place, this all costs money but thats what you need to do when you invade....Be prepared for counterattacks and casualties !
    9. Do not Blitz...apart from being condemned to fail blitzing will not bring you any benefit. Developing citys is crucial to shorten supply (retraining) lines and once the 2nd Rebellion takes place and you end up with underdeveloped citys your campaign is most likely to be a disaster.
    10. Before the Reform try to maintain a reserve force somewhwere in a central position and never mass all forces on the front...there will come a moment when you might need these reserves...
    11. Built Academys...they will help educating your Governours...good goverment makes a huge difference to income
    12. Keep winning battles and maintain overall happiness over 100% this will affect your Leaders traits and positive Leader traits will lead to positive Governour evolution.
    13. Have Field of Mars in place in as much Citys as possible before you trigger the Reform. Plan the reform and save some money to train quickly as much numbered Legions as possible. Try to make the transition as short as possible. Remember there wont be Generic Legionarys to fill the gap between Polybians and Numbered. So Evocarti and other Local Auxilia have to do the trick for that period. For those interested in historic gameplay. The Reform was 646 AUC.
    14. Pay attention when Legion Ancillarys appear: Hamata Legions with Roman Fortress and Segmentata Legions with the Curia Building. The first Named Character who passes and EndTurn in the Settlement where the Ancillary is obtained will get it.
    So place the right General in the Settlement for one turn.Have a look at the discussion thread. There is a list and a map on where to get Legion Ancillarys.
    And dont forget you can drag and drop Legion Ancillarys from one character to another when in the same settlement
    15.Have a single spy in each of your towns .This will help against -happniness caused by enemy spies and protect your governours from being murdered by enemy assassins.
    16. Having a Spy and a Diplomat assigned to an Army will help prevent the Army and the Character being bribed and avoid assassiantion, too

Last edited by chris10; August 07, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Congrats on your accomplishment, mate!

AspisPhalanx90's Avatar Senator

1/21? isnt it the 20th?

(i know i know different time zones)
    Flavius Julius Constantinus, adopted Patrician, 30

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Congratulations
    Great Job mate
    I'll try this out
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Congrats on your accomplishment, mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by AspisPhalanx90 View Post
    1/21? isnt it the 20th?
    (i know i know different time zones)
    Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    Congratulations
    Great Job mate
    thnx guys..well...here we go...

mphet's Avatar Libertus

Invalid Attachment specified. Check that the URL is correct. If it seems to be, the resource you requested probably no longer exists, and links pointing to it should be deleted or updated.

So where it is?

try again...I changed the file...just clicked it and it does dl

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

The link doesn't seem to work congragulations on the release

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    The link doesn't seem to work congragulations on the release
    thnx..
    try again now...should work

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    thnx..
    .....oh and thanks for this +REP
    Last edited by Constantius; January 21, 2011 at 03:36 PM.

Signature made by Joar

mphet's Avatar Libertus

thnx..
    thx!

Laetus

Congratz and thanks. Can I continue my 0-turn Rome campaign after this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by gascarus View Post
    Congratz and thanks. Can I continue my 0-turn Rome campaign after this mod?
    these are different modfolders...they have nothing to do with each other...ALL other campaigns remain intact...that means that you now have 3 Roman Campaigns to choose from the launcher...

• Rome 0 Turn
    • Rome 1 Turn
    • Rome Five Good Emperors

hm.. but I've been followed by links. It's sems working properly.

Laetus

Well, my legions in 0-turn campaign have new features; numbers and inscriptions.

Well, my legions in 0-turn campaign have new features; numbers and inscriptions.
    you surely refer to the unit id cards where the Legion Number is shown now...
    yeah...thats a side effect and not that bad at all, isn it ?
    fo sure you have a new banner too.............

So, if it's giving you some advantages? ^)

Quote Originally Posted by DenNet View Post
    So, if it's giving you some advantages? ^)
    no...its merely art related...you have a better track and can identify the legion you moivng by looking on their unit card...

no...its merely art related...you have a better track and can identify the legion you moivng by looking on their unit card...
    Ok. It's clear now for me. I just in try to.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast