Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progress?

I understand what you mean, do you have any other factions that horde and work?
    If so have you compared them to the crusader states (mmm, Im stating the obvious here aren't I, sorry its just that when I do any programming or coding work for uni I always miss obvious stuff until Im telling someone about it). What about the original BI horde factions...compared to them?
    Also, is there a limit on the number of factions that can horde?

As for battlefield buildings not showing up, I have no idea, first Ive heard of it, any other mods used BI like this?

@hordes: only the crusader states use horde for now. I ran a search on "horde" through all the RTW files so I probably have everything that's required. And I did get it to work a couple of times. But then the next time I try without changing anything it CTD's :S

@buildings: I think we're one of the only mods that uses the -mod switch on BI, so the problem probably has something to do with that.
    A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com

agh,have any of the problems been fixed yet? because im poking these forums with a sharp stick and there not moving.I sure as hell hope you can fix these problems because if not im gonna go on a rampage throguh these forums too try and get people too help you guys out.

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

jrs90's Avatar Civis

Its not that i want a estimated release date or anything but how close are u to finishing the early period campain. At least give me an estimated percent of progress or something. Medieval was my favorite game of all time and im dying for a mod of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuliano Taverna View Post
    Oh we lost our minds long before that, 2009 was the year we finally took a pistol to our temple and pulled the trigger.

What you could do is start out with the Crusader States already in existence when the game starts but somewhere in Eastern Europe or maybe Anatolia, and they are scripted to head towards the Holy Land and attack Jerusalem.

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Quote Originally Posted by Adherbal
    @hordes: only the crusader states use horde for now. I ran a search on "horde" through all the RTW files so I probably have everything that's required. And I did get it to work a couple of times. But then the next time I try without changing anything it CTD's :S

@buildings: I think we're one of the only mods that uses the -mod switch on BI, so the problem probably has something to do with that.
    Is there a way to circumvent that? Or is it necessary for the buildings?
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

the buildings problem is now solved. Just the horde problems remain.

I really appreciate the effort going into this mod, but if your cheif reason for producing a single player element is to attract people to multiplayer, I doubt it will pay off for you. R:TW Multiplayer is an afterthought, just a battle engine with a few people.
    In patronicum svb lt1956

it's not necessarily the main/only reason, I just realise that a MP community will not exist if there is no SP community. Which is why I don't want to release another custom/MP battles only beta.

Ahmose's Avatar Libertus

it's not necessarily the main/only reason, I just realise that a MP community will not exist if there is no SP community. Which is why I don't want to release another custom/MP battles only beta.
    I agree with you. When I played the mp battles, I really wished if there were the compagin mode to play it. Keep up the work and may god be with you :original: .
    Now playing and modding for Chivalry Total War Mod although I got Medieval II Total War...

GeneralLee's Avatar Senator

the buildings problem is now solved. Just the horde problems remain.
    Way to go! I wish I could contribute but even my attempts at modding text dont usually work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tickity tickity tank.

Political profile

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Good to hear that that you guys are getting close to fixing all the BI conversion problems . Keep up the good work.

Perhaps the horde ctd is because of a missing link in the chain

THere may be a newedit added too unites that say weather or not its allowed too be a horde unit, then another that governs how many horde units and of which type come out of each town.Then possibly even another of which type i coulkdnt tell but have a feeling its there.

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

I am fairly happy to hear that bulidings problem is solved and everything is gonna go the right way now. (Horde problem doesnt sound as a disaster)

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Well, do the crusaders start as a horde? Or do they have a city at first?
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

jrs90's Avatar Civis

so are the states the only ones who can really crudsade for the holy land? like in mtw,almost every chatholic faction could. I wont be too disapointed about not having others to crusade its just Im curious
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuliano Taverna View Post
    Oh we lost our minds long before that, 2009 was the year we finally took a pistol to our temple and pulled the trigger.

I would think that they appear as a trigger in history.

But do they reappear a couple of times to finally push Turks/Saracens out?

The Story of Janosik <>Courtesy of Cracker Monkey and ARCHER29

And technically you could launch a crusade any time you felt like it....marching through lands and all.

But I think they are looking at using scripting for the crusades.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Hope you can fix the whole crusading/horde thing.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

crusader states are unplayable in the grand campaign and pop up as a horde on the right date. The are playable in the special Crusades campaign were they start as a horde near Constantinople and have to make their way to jerusalem. After completing objectives and at special events they will receive more reinforcements. They can only train local levies in their cities so they will have to rely on those reinforcements to survive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast