Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Retarded Cousin"

Default "Retarded Cousin"

I dont know if you guys have heard of this, but here it is.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2005/edesk122005.htm
    http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=968332188492

I was gona make a thread on how Canada should rethink it relationship with the U.S, and this is just the example i needed.

Not only is it that the U.S government treats us like ****, and doesnt treat us fairly, we also have :wub:s like this guy.

To me this just showing how backward, redneck, americans are, how in love with themselves they are, how they believe all the crap thats said on t.v.

Here is what he said:
    http://www.vivelecanada.ca/article.p...51217131129103

*******!!!!!
    Last edited by Justinian; December 21, 2005 at 08:38 AM.

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

Yet, when someone attacks the US and an American whines we get called nationalistic humorless bastards. Cmon, take a joke.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

first of all, Tucker Carlson can suck my **** (and im from the US mind you)

And I've got nothing against Canada (seeing as how Im a close neighbor, I live in Minnesota), in fact I like visiting Canada when I can. Just so you know that not all Americans are jerks like Tucker
    Last edited by Last Roman; December 20, 2005 at 08:10 PM.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

What? there is not joke here. This is an attack, not on just Canada as a government, not Canada as a Country, but all those things plus, the Canadian people.

CARLSON: First of all, anybody with any ambition at all, or intelligence, has left Canada and is now living in New York.

Second, anybody who sides with Canada internationally in a debate between the U.S. and Canada, say, Belgium, is somebody whose opinion we shouldn‘t care about in the first place.

Third, Canada is a sweet country. It is like your retarded cousin you see at Thanksgiving and sort of pat him on the head. You know, he‘s nice, but you don‘t take him seriously. That is Canada.

KELLERMAN: No, you don‘t. You don‘t. But what if the rest of the family does? In other words, yes, the United States can rely on...

CARLSON: That‘s their problem.

KELLERMAN: ... England, Australia, Israel, a few staunch, important allies internationally. But we have lost a lot of international support.

And Canada, by others in the global family, is, for some reason, taken seriously. They have about 30 million people. They have some natural resources.

CARLSON: Oh. They have dogsleds and trees, and that‘s it.

KELLERMAN: And comedians.

CARLSON: Look, I like Canada.

KELLERMAN: Tucker, they have comedians.

CARLSON: Every single comedian in Canada is now living in the United States.

KELLERMAN: Well, that‘s true.

CARLSON: Every one of them. They sneak over the border and live among us unseen. It‘s actually kind of scary.

Semisalis

Tigran just look at the upside, no one gives a crap about Tucker Carlson nor take him seriously.
    And you honestly shouldn't either, it's not like he organized a rally with people chanting "Death to Canada" and then burned Canadian Flags so I don't know why this would anger anybody if it's from some prick who wears a bow tie.

Mack Daddy's Avatar Tiro

Do you seriously believe the oppinion of one moron represents the oppinion of a whole nation?

Oh, Canada...

You're offended by this one episode? Have you seen how the CBC portrays the US? Do you think we appreciate that?

The only thing that has spoiled our relationship, IMO, is the hard turn to the left Canada's government has recently taken, and all the bad mouthing I've been hearing from up North on the CBC. Americans have always loved their northern brothers, but we can only take insults for so long.

I'm from Montana and have plenty of friends from British Columbia. They usually assure me that most of the bad blood for the USA comes from the East and most in the West get along fine with their southern brothers.

I know we do.

There's no reason for the bad bloood, but let me ask you this....why do you all hate us so much, all of a sudden?
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I love how we always get Canadians and Europeans that start insulting America and calling them intolerant and such, and then call us all rednecks and hicks...
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by unworthy soldier
    first of all, Tucker Carlson can suck my **** (and im from the US mind you)

And I've got nothing against Canada (seeing as how Im a close neighbor, I live in Minnesota), in fact I like visiting Canada when I can. Just so you know that not all Americans are jerks like Tucker
    it is a proven fact that tucker is a dick (thanks John Stewart)
    he's a loser

i agree completely
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

Semisalis

@ Tigran

Well....... in my opinion by getting worked about this you are kind of proving Carlson right.

And just curious....

How do Americans Feel about their neighbors to the north?

And How do Canadians Feel about their neighbors to the south?

most people that i know relly dont dislike canada (i live near NYC)
    sometimes theres an "eh?" joke

no "Hey America Jr.! You suck!" sort of thing.
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

Indefinitely Banned

Why are you paying any attention to what Tucker Carlson says?

He's a pathetic worthless person, and a dick, as Jon Stewart pointed out in person to him.

What this about the CBC? I watch the CBC, and i do not see anything bad.

Do you mean the documantries that show what American policy is in the middle east, the torture documantries?

I really have no idea what you are talking about. I know that politically we dont like how we are treated with doublestandards on softwood and other trade matters, but i think Canadas responses to these have been justified.

I live in B.C, and sorry to tell you, we are not fans of the U.S.A, but we do not bash them with insults. B.C is probably the most liberal, layback place that other places in B.C, support for the U.S comes from Alberta, with its oil.

I really think Canada should rethink its international realationship with the U.S. Not trade but politics.

What Tucker shows is how many Americans view Canada. And since not many Americans know much about Canada they are going to buy this garbage.

Semisalis

Tigran, you still really don't realize that know one takes Carlson seriously, especially after Jon Stewart made him look like an idiot on National T.V so no one is going to buy his garbage, the ony thing Americans might agrre on is that they really don't think much about Canada.

Rethink it to what? Supporting us?

You've already 'rethought' our relationship 10 years ago when things started getting sour.

The 'unfair' trade policies you are crying about are probably the ones that address govt subsedies. You need to look deeper into the issue before pointing all the blame in one direction.

I'm willing to say we both need to work on the relationship, you seem to act like the USA just all of a sudden started this chit.

I beg to differ, sorry.

But I still love Cananda, eh.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarion horde
    And How do Canadians Feel about their neighbors to the south?
    To be frank, WE DON'T LIKE YOU. We see the U.S.A as a drunk older guy who hasnt finished highschool, but still visits the highschool to pick girls up without succuss because he is an idiot, he drives a big truck, wears dirty close and doesnt shower. His friends are all younger than himself, and he goes around beating everyone else around him and gangs up on smaller people.

In Canada, atleast people around my age (16-25) do not hate Americans, but we dont like them coming to our country and thinking they are better than us. They come here with a idea that we are some backward country, and are SURPRISED!! that we have many of the modern things that they do in America!!. They look down on us.

We feel that we are smarter, better in everyway, we feel like a European country and try to distance ourselves from the actions of the U.S.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

The only stereotype about any canadian i've ever heard, living in new england, is towards french canadians...other than that its more like, "*shrug*, Canada"

Americans know nothing about Canada, im not surprised they dont care. It not about not caring actually its about not knowing. I know more about America than Americans do, so if they dont know anything about Canada im not surprised. We are just smarter, we have better education.

"The 'unfair' trade policies you are crying about are probably the ones that address govt subsedies. You need to look deeper into the issue before pointing all the blame in one direction."

No, but i already told you what it was about, NOT allowing SOFT wood lumber in the U.S.A because it is destroying the U.S.A lumber industry because they cant compete with us. U.S.A is supposed to have a free trade policy, up hear we havent seen that yet.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Tigran of Sasoun
    To be frank, WE DON'T LIKE YOU. We see the U.S.A as a drunk older guy who hasnt finished highschool, but still visits the highschool to pick girls up without succuss because he is an idiot, he drives a big truck, wears dirty close and doesnt shower. His friends are all younger than himself, and he goes around beating everyone else around him and gangs up on smaller people.

In Canada, atleast people around my age (16-25) do not hate Americans, but we dont like them coming to our country and thinking they are better than us. They come here with a idea that we are some backward country, and are SURPRISED!! that we have many of the modern things that they do in America!!. They look down on us.

We feel that we are smarter, better in everyway, we feel like a European country and try to distance ourselves from the actions of the U.S.
    I'm not AMerican

Don't matter how much u hate the yanks, at the end of the day there still the world's remaining superpower(for now)

I'm not American

Jeez, now CANADA is smack talkin the U.S.? What has the world come to? All these countries suddenly seem to have a problem with the U.S. Maybe Randy Neuman was right, maybe we should Drop The Big One Now.

Tigran, your aittitude doesnt seem to be any more right than people stereotyping everyone in the american south as being hicks....or everyone in california is in a gang...or that if you walk the streets in New york youll get raped by a black guy. I dont think your canadian rants about what you percieve Americans to be all about is any more truthful than any other rant....i.e. a rant means to speak or write in an angry or violent manner...and thats what I think you were doing, just making broad generelisations stemming from your anger and resentment towards the U.S.A.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast