Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

6mike161's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

Is this game Mod foldered

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by 6mike161 View Post
    Is this game Mod foldered
    Yes it is.

can't download the mod at strategy informer says file unavailable can i get another link maybe? ... does this count as necroing??
    Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

in 1550 the teutonic order (prussia) was poland-lithaunia union. 1525-1648 then prussia to poland lithaunia

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

The bat file runs it in Windowed mode. HOW CAN IT BE SWITCHED TO FULL SCREEN ONE ?

And does it have built cities, not villages:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2013-12-20 03-13-17-53.jpg   kingdoms 2013-12-20 03-13-16-94.jpg   kingdoms 2013-12-20 03-05-24-23.jpg  
    Last edited by Dracula; February 16, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Looks Good

Quote Originally Posted by King Joe View Post
    Looks Good
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise View Post
    Things to try:
    Make sure you downloaded both parts and they are in the same place in your computer (e.g. your desktop).

Try downloading the latest version of 7zip if you happen to be using an old one.

Try redownloading the file using a download manager such as FlashGet.

Try renaming it to something simpler (for both parts) like aod.7z.001 and aod.7z.002

If none of those still work I will upload a WinRar version (although it will be larger). It's hard for me to say what the problem is though as I've extracted mine a bunch of times without a problem. Is yours not extracting at all or stopping partway through?

EDIT: I've noticed Zshare often disconnects. Make sure the file size for part 001 is 501,760KB and part 2 72,975 KB. If they aren't, zshare cut out on you. Hopefully I can get this hosted here so this won't happen *cough nudge*...

Hope you still look at this forum cos your mod is from some years ago. I've tried the three instructions and nothing, it keeps saying "cannot open output file ...", and there's no files in the WinRar version you sent afterwards. Could you please renew them?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by martitini1331 View Post
    Hope you still look at this forum cos your mod is from some years ago. I've tried the three instructions and nothing, it keeps saying "cannot open output file ...", and there's no files in the WinRar version you sent afterwards. Could you please renew them?

Thank you
    I dont know why but I could drag the files from the opened file from 7z to a normal one, but now the Part 2 cannot be opened.

A very underestimated mod I must say! The campaign map is very well done and the gameplay is a lot of fun too, still it's damn shame this mod ain't being worked on anymore. Is there any news regarding this mod nowadays? Cause it's a jewel that needs polishing!

Could someone reupload this mod with the fixes? I really want to try it out, and it looks like a terrific mod that should be kept alive!

Optional! Archer+ Patch link not found....

Quote Originally Posted by martitini1331 View Post
    I dont know why but I could drag the files from the opened file from 7z to a normal one, but now the Part 2 cannot be opened.
    same here, part 2 cannot be opened, and it's not 272,975 kb either, just 107,304 kb

Looks awesome

any news or updates

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

anyone have the archer patch lying around at all?

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Hi,
    I found 2 working links for moddb, but unfortunately part 2 doesn't open when I try to extract with 7z. It's a pity that a mod like this gets forgotten

Laetus

I have uploaded whole mod and with archer patch. Try link to see if it works https://mega.nz/folder/depmRCDZ#zdndRNdzLIrMfpywAUUtXQ

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Astreos View Post
    I have uploaded whole mod and with archer patch. Try link to see if it works https://mega.nz/folder/depmRCDZ#zdndRNdzLIrMfpywAUUtXQ
    I could not download the text file (mega.nz temporary error), but could download the three others, and the mod works.

Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it!

I also realized what I was doing wrong: if you have part 1 and part 2 in the same folder, extracting part 1 automatically extracts part 2 too. Part 2 is not a stand-alone file, cannot be opened independently of part 1.

Laetus

Hey bro I'm glad link worked. Try downloading as whole mod as zip file if youve done that already let me know how to attach here in twc, its an export describe unit text, cheers.