Thread: Offices in RTW:BI

Default Offices in RTW:BI

Im finding it a headache passing all my offices on before my family members die i evidnetly always loose a couple !! , why couldn't they just build a drag and drop menu similar 2 the senate offices list in RTW

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Moved . . .
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

I just don't like the fact that it moves like a normal retinue, if it was some kind of special retinue where you could switch between generals even across your empire it would be fine.

can sum1 mod the game to do that possiably ?

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Very unlikely.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

The offices are generated, if they are not held by someone, by preconditions. Those could be modified. I cannot recall the relevant file, though.
    Last edited by Glycerius; November 27, 2005 at 08:17 PM.

They're in the same file that generates the ancilliaries. For all intents and purposes they are, like the saints and special relics ancilliaries. What's frustrating is there isn't any one office that the Roman factions can squabble for not like in RTW vanilla where you can compete for offices.

Harlechman

it'd be great if a modder could add a brief description of how a particular office/title is gained. it would be in the tool-tip that appears when you mouse over the icon, and the info would be from the relevant text file that details the requirements for getting such-and-such title/office.

i second that motion lol!!

I agree with eastside, I fear losing my titles because I don't know what the requirements are to regain them.

I was thinking this as an example for my idea above:

Take the title "Dux Britannium"

Looking in export_descr_ancillaries, we see that these are the conditions for gaining this title:

-Faction Romano-British
    -Character in settlement with Governor's Palace
    -General character, but not faction leader or faction heir
    -Minimum 2 Command, 1 Influence
    -66% chance of trait being acquired

So then we go into export_ancillaries and find the entry for "Dux Britannium" and add a second paragraph like this:

"To be awarded this title a Romano-British General must be in a settlement with a Governor's Palace and a minimum of 2 Command and 1 Influence. The title must not already belong to another character, and it cannot go to Faction Leaders or Faction Heirs. If these conditions are met there is a 66% chance of it being granted"

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

That sounds great. If some1 could implement this, it would do wonders for my AAR.

yea it sounds really good, ! it would be really good if some1 could implement it and save Alot of headaches!!

hopefully then some of the major BI mods will have it planned, otherwise I might be able to work on it after i'm through with my RTW campaign! No BI until i finish the original : P

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidehighrise
    hopefully then some of the major BI mods will have it planned, otherwise I might be able to work on it after i'm through with my RTW campaign! No BI until i finish the original : P
    Yea that'd be great,wish i could concentrate on one at a time i chop and change too much ! im going 2 have 2 be more strict ! !! ne way off to see what this 280 meg BF2 patch does