Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Dude... I have gotten up to 196 regions before with some minor problems. It usually works out fine for me. It must be related to a couple of files. Did you click on debugging when you were creating your new regions by chance? That might help you figure what the problem is and I use that a lot when I receive certain issues. If you want to contact me about geomod and your problems just pm and I will do my best to help you out. I have been using geomod for a very long time now so I understand where you are coming from.

I don't understand what tuning you mean? as I wrote.. All I did was change the name in the configuration and start adding regions,,regions I edited with the help of paint in the base folder descr_region drew a region, then added it wherever I needed it using Notepad,then deleted the RWM map and everything worked great, unfortunately I can't add 25th region

Nehovorím po anglicky, všetko prekladám a je možné, že som práci s geomodom presne nerozumel, pomohol by mi tutoriál, kde by boli aj fotografie krokov, ktoré je potrebné urobiť, kým začnem pridávať regióny, alebo aspoň ako začať, keď si nevytváram vlastnú mapu. Je možné, že som niečo prehliadol a nenastavil to správne, a preto ma to ďalej nepustí

Budem vďačný za každú pomoc

How many regions do you have in your game? Maybe you are at your limit already. Then just don't add a 25th region until you correct the mistake you mader before you started your mod. Check to make sure that each settlement spelled correctly, that all resources are not on any rivers, mountains, heavy forests, or anything that is not letting you start your campaign. I always make sure that I do everything correctly before saving my work. The errors are usually minor so it can be fixed and playable. I going to add in bulgaria along with its new settlements and regions. I did that for flanders and the saxons. So far so good! Contact me if you have any more problems.

First of all, I want to ask if I have to use geomod for work, or just geomod is enough for me? I only worked from bar geomod. Now I have a total of around 149 regions. Because I am editing a vanilla map that contains bare geomod. I add everything by hand and there was no error, it's just confusing to me and I'm already frustrated because I can't move from the place for more than a week.

It would be nice if someone could take a look at this and advise me. I only use Bare Geomod. I also have Geomod, but it's a bit confusing. If I open the geomod, I can't draw any region on the map, I don't know why, but I just can't get the mouse on the region map to draw... So I only edited the game in the Bare Geomod using the 3D sketchpad and notepad.

1. Did you put geomod in the right folder when you installed it?
    2. I have Bare Geomod too and I can def say geomod will work for that mod
    3. Doing it by hand without geomod is difficult to do so it is better to use geomod tool to create new regions and settlements
    4. notepad++ is needed for any modding senirio(i have misspelled that word)
    5. Contact me on here and show me what you have so I can take a closer look at the regions you want to add.

Thanks for your help, I think I figured out where the problem is. I have to try it and if my reasoning is correct it should work. I'm leaving for work right now so I'll find out after work. Of course I will let you know.

Error solved.. Everything works and I successfully added 8 more regions. The problem was that I drew a region over the port of another region and then did not draw it in another place, so in one region I was missing a pixal for the port.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Minor update

- corrected faulty region name in mongol spawn script
    - replaced faulty vcs_portugal.tga (short campaign faction map)

Can you recommend me a detailed tutorial on how to add new military units to the geomod?

I've adjusted the regions to maximum count,,,I'm a beginner, and now I'd like to add factions and new units

Check here... https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?..._Modding_Index you will find what you want from there. PM if you need any more help modding bc I am modder myself who has been doing this for a few years now.

Many thanks for any help.

I managed to add one unit to the geomod bar, unfortunately I can't add more units bo game crashes when loading and I don't know why..

Use EOP to go past the unit cap. Have you reached the unit cap limit? If so then that's why is ctd. I have made that mistake before so don't worry. I have experienced to Geomod too so if you want to collaberate with me then pm and I may be able to help you out.

I assume that you are familiar with the bare geomod, I added a single unit to it that I copied from another mod, I think that if you know the geomod and what it contains, the limit cannot be exceeded after adding one unit. I added only one according to the instructions, the type, and I tried the third one in the same way, but there the game crashes and I don't know why.. What is the EOP?

Engine Overhaul Project! Did you check out your system log by chance? It may reveal what the problem is. I had the same problem as you many times before and always found a way to fix it. How many units do you have in the edu? I am currently creating my own mod at this point in time so I know what you are going through. Let me know if you need any other advice or help.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The tool hasn't got any impact on how you add a new unit (model\textures\data entries) to your mod. It merely reads from the mod's EDU and uses that data (only the name of the unit) to add the unit to the mod.

Here are two guides that should be of help, depending on the approach:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?346427
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?631276
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 19, 2023 at 12:30 AM.