Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Confederate History Month

Default Confederate History Month

Last edited by Oswald von Wolkenstein; August 30, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Belisarius

Member of S.I.N.
    = Fidei defensor =

Consider yourself conservative? Five Conservative Classics

Default Re: Confederate History Month

A celebration of an event that was against the democratic process which lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands. Nice!
    Last edited by Jabberwock; April 06, 2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Make it a little more clear

You notice how the Teabaggers only started protesting after y'all elect a black man?

Man, I hate the south sometimes...

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Don't get me wrong, I think this is stupid. But did any of you actually read the link?

WHEREAS, all Virginians can appreciate the fact that when ultimately overwhelmed by the insurmountable numbers and resources of the Union Army, the surviving, imprisoned and injured Confederate soldiers gave their word and allegiance to the United States of America, and returned to their homes and families to rebuild their communities in peace, following the instruction of General Robert E. Lee of Virginia, who wrote that, “...all should unite in honest efforts to obliterate the effects of war and to restore the blessings of peace."; and
    What's wrong with that exactly?

And Oswald, please stop the "people only hate Obama because he's black" nonsense, it's petty.

And Oswald, please stop the "people only hate Obama because he's black" nonsense, it's petty.

It seems a bit silly to devote an entire month to the Confederates despite the significance of the Civil War but I don't see anything taking shots at Obama. It's not promoting dissension or anything just recognition and understanding of a historical period.

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    What's wrong with that exactly?
    I personally don't think there's anything wrong with recognizing those who fought and died. I do find a problem with the idea of celebrating the institution of the Confederacy as if it was some noble pursuit that was worth dying for. I really hope this proclamation doesn't extend into public schools.

Hooray for losers who started a war that consumed more American lives than any war before or since combined?

Umm... OK.

The best part of Confederate History is that it's history.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

In some parts of the South, every month is Confederate History Month.

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Burnum View Post

Black Panthers. Yeah.

And whats wrong with remembering all the Confederate soldiers that died? They were soldiers that fought and died for their country.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmufffins View Post

Black Panthers. Yeah.

And whats wrong with remembering all the Confederate soldiers that died? They were soldiers that fought and died for their country.
    What's up with southerners and always bringing up the black panthers? seriously? at least the panthers didn't burn crosses in people's yards and lynch them for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pspguy123 View Post
    What's up with southerners and always bringing up the black panthers? seriously? at least the panthers didn't burn crosses in people's yards and lynch them for fun.
    But they did murder police officers. Some of them might have been corrupt police officers, but murder is still murder.

And southerner? I live in New Jersey. Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaal far south.

You posted a video of a bunch of random uber conservative whites supporting McCain for the wrong reasons, so I posted a video of Black Panthers supporting Obama (and intimidating voters) for all the wrong reasons.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; April 06, 2010 at 07:50 PM.

But they did murder police officers. Corrupt police officers, but murder is still murder.
    If police officers beat up members of my race just because they were black or asian or whatever, I would murder them too. An eye for an eye.

And southerner? I live in New Jersey. Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaal far south.
    Lol. So youre scared of the black panthers even though you've never seen one before

You posted a video of a bunch of random uber conservative whites supporting McCain for the wrong reasons, so I posted a video of Black Panthers supporting Obama (and intimidating voters) for all the wrong reasons.
    How many black panthers are there as compared to the number of dumbass redneck conservatives?

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Whats funny is the two greatest Confederate Generals, Lee and Longstreet, didn't believe in the "Cause".
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Squiggle's Avatar Primicerius

The hell does this have to do with the Republicans or tea party movement, let alone racial bigotry? Anyone who's not a complete ignorant moron knows Southerners are generally proud of the Confederacy, regardless of their views on race. It's a part of their history and unique culture within America, and they respect that, even if they don't agree with a variety of the actions the Confederacy took or things they believed in. This is a non-issue. It's just one of those uniquely Southern things that no one else really gets, but it really says nothing else.
    Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    As for politics, I'm an Anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Can't stand caged animals. People must be free.
    ― Charlie Chaplin

If police officers beat up members of my race just because they were black or asian or whatever, I would murder them too. An eye for an eye.
    It's not right that the police were racists, but murder is still murder.

Lol. So youre scared of the black panthers even though you've never seen one before
    I'm not scared of them at all. I was just pointing out that I'm not a southerner, I live in New Jersey.

How many black panthers are there as compared to the number of dumbass redneck conservatives?
    There's probably a hell of a lot more dumbass rednecks than black panthers, I just wanted to show that not all racists were white when it came to the election.

^^^

We pretty much agree, so whatever lol.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Also, I suggest reading "Killer Angels" by Michael Shaara, a historical novel on Gettysburg based on Longstreet's memoirs. It has a good view of "The Cause"
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast