Page 196 of 199 FirstFirst ... 96146171186187188189190191192193194195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 3979

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Did you fix those issues we talked before about with the Hornburg battle map Count?

Also, I'd be willing to give the unit cards a go, and if it stumps me I personally know a friend who has a lot of experience in photoshop, he could definitely do a good job if you wanted Just send me some screens of the new units
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I personally haven't made any changes to the Hornburg map - that's something that would require Webba to look at it. Was that an issue with reinforcements, or units not moving?

I'll get some screenshots!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Blog Entries

It was units not moving yeah, basically the path finding on the curving ramp up to the gate wasn't really working for me, and there was that thing with units not climbing siege towers properly (which may or may not be Hornburg-specific) that I at least, haven't really seen anywhere else. They just cluster round the bottom, outside of it.

Btw if you use the movie camera in RTW you can get better screenshots (you probably already knew this but hey)
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

The siege tower bug is not unique to the Hornburg; it has a chance to occur at a certain level of stone walls. Best to build more siege towers than you think you need.

I haven't observed a pathfinding problem with either the inner or the outer ramp. Do you play on the Large unit size? I wonder if Huge unit size would cause a problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    It was units not moving yeah, basically the path finding on the curving ramp up to the gate wasn't really working for me, and there was that thing with units not climbing siege towers properly (which may or may not be Hornburg-specific) that I at least, haven't really seen anywhere else. They just cluster round the bottom, outside of it.
    It's an RTW issue, and there's a workaround. Select the bugged-out unit and just keep right-clicking on top of the wall approximately where they should be exiting from the siege tower every ten seconds or so. They will start going in in small batches and coming out on top like they should. It's extremely annoying, particularly as there is usually one last retar- dude who will take an extra five minutes or so to find the entrance to the tower, but it works.

Btw if you use the movie camera in RTW you can get better screenshots (you probably already knew this but hey)
    If you haven't already, definitely try the recommended "large" unit size. Everything in this mod is very deliberately designed around the use of the "large" unit size. Use of any other unit size will void the warranty.

I found that a battery of Dale Ballistas and a column of angry Hearthmen pouring through the Deeping Wall rendered these issues moot.

Blog Entries

Cheers for the advice guys, I'll try it next time. But anyway, I was defending that time I saw these bugs so there was nothing I could do :/

Quote Originally Posted by greenmh1 View Post
    I found that a battery of Dale Ballistas and a column of angry Hearthmen pouring through the Deeping Wall rendered these issues moot.
    I've never taken a Dale army so far afield - interesting!

Cheers for the advice guys, I'll try it next time. But anyway, I was defending that time I saw these bugs so there was nothing I could do :/
    If you are in that situation when defending, the best solution may be to sally with some mounted or ranged units to provoke the AI into different actions to break them out of whatever fruitless actions they are stuck in. You could also reload from a save-point and turn on the battle timer to force a win for yourself. I believe there are also commands you can input by pressing the "~" key, which will cause you to not lose the battle if you end the battle prematurely, but I don't recall what they are or if they work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    If you are in that situation when defending, the best solution may be to sally with some mounted or ranged units to provoke the AI into different actions to break them out of whatever fruitless actions they are stuck in. You could also reload from a save-point and turn on the battle timer to force a win for yourself. I believe there are also commands you can input by pressing the "~" key, which will cause you to not lose the battle if you end the battle prematurely, but I don't recall what they are or if they work.
    Yeah, probably should have, I did actually sally out with my General's Cavalry to nudge the Dunlendings into going up the tower, every time I charged a few more went in. But yeah, I just had to wait it out I'm afraid. And that reminds me, I could have used the -jericho command

How many unit slots are left? I had an idea for a little submod adding more mercenaries. (Mercenary Corsairs, Mercenary Dorwinion Halberds are some of my ideas.)

I've read that you can have 255 separate unit models, and 500 max entries for EDU (which means you'll be doubling up on lots of unit models). I haven't counted our units, but in discussions over the past year or so I was under the impression that we were pretty much at the limits.

That said, I could be wrong. Not sure of an easy answer to this question, though, apart from counting the entries in DMB and EDU... which could get a little tedious.

Thanks Count. Looking in the EDU file for 3.2, it actually has a helpful 457/500 Total Unit count at the top I hadn't noticed before. How many is 3.3 looking to add? As far as doubling up on models, mercs could just reuse the factional version of the model right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mersechal View Post
    As far as doubling up on models, mercs could just reuse the factional version of the model right?
    The hirelings of the Dwarves are recolored merc units, so that may have already been done. I am not proficient in modding, so I could not say for certain.
    Last edited by Wambat; November 11, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

Not the most relevant question, but the other day when I killed some Easterling Bodyguards I noticed that the banner carrier of these guys would have a sword with a curve at the top, like the Uruk swords from the LotR movies. Looks pretty cool. Why is he the only one with such a blade?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mersechal View Post
    Thanks Count. Looking in the EDU file for 3.2, it actually has a helpful 457/500 Total Unit count at the top I hadn't noticed before. How many is 3.3 looking to add? As far as doubling up on models, mercs could just reuse the factional version of the model right?
    Had a wee look at the EDU and it seems to have 460 mentions of the word 'dictionary', maybe the count at the top is wrong?

Hello! So not all regions are showing up on provincial effects, I assume there is a limit how can be shown? Is there a work around to figure out what bonuses my remaining regions give since only two out of four are showing ?

Sorry if this has already been asked, is there a guide or list of what settlements are homeland/fiefdom/outland etc for various factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy_Face View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked, is there a guide or list of what settlements are homeland/fiefdom/outland etc for various factions?
    That is a good question, and no, to my knowledge there is not a centralized list. I think you'll find some answers scattered around in-game and in the various guides, but maybe I can try to put something together here, since it would be a good resource. Anyone is welcome to help here, as I'm not looking at in-game files currently to verify this.

Consider this a very rough starting point (as I'm currently sitting around procrastinating ).

In general, a faction's starting settlements are considered Homelands for that faction, so I won't be listing those. Also, any settlement/region that isn't listed as either a Homeland or a Fiefdom is by default an Outland, so those needn't be listed either.

Elves
    Homelands - Rivendell
    Fiefdoms - Lune Valley (north of Mithlond), Feorfeld, and Langwyke

Dwarves
    Homelands - Withered Heath (Orodengrin, is it?)
    Fiefdoms - Lune Valley, Andlang (north of Lorien), ... I must be forgetting one more...

Reunited Kingdom

Homelands - most 'Arnor' and all 'Gondor' provinces. 'Mordor' provinces as well may be considered Homelands, but not 100% sure.
    Fiefdoms - northern 'Arnor' provinces. Harondor provinces. Probably others; need to check.

Adunabar
    Homelands- see RK. Angmar may also be a Homeland for Adunabar(?)
    Fiefdoms - see RK

Tharbad
    Homelands - Threeways? I can't remember if we made any of Arnor/Cardolan/Arthedain as Homeland or Fiefdom for Tharbad.
    Fiefdoms - not much, if any. Many of the surrounding lands along the Greyflood are in fact Outlands, which (along with their low population) makes them poor candidates for an invasion.

Rohan
    Homelands - Dunfreca (just west of Helm's Deep). Feorfeld?
    Fiefdoms - Gondor provinces

Dale
    Homelands - Dorwinion provinces (Rathwin & Belegant)
    Fiefdoms - possibly Rhovanion provinces & Beorning provinces

Dorwinion
    Homelands - Hithe (the island, Tol Rhun), Rhovanion provinces IIRC
    Fiefdoms - Dale provinces?

Rhovanion
    Homelands - Dorwinion provinces IIRC. Thrimfeld (the East Bight) is either Homeland or Fiefdom (more likely the latter)
    Fiefdoms - East Bight (see above) ... Dale provinces? Brown Lands?

Beornings
    Homelands - possibly Langwyke, Andlang (either side of the Great River); either that, or they're Fiefdoms
    Fiefdoms - Dale provinces? Rhovanion provinces? Dorwinion provinces?

Rhun
    Homelands - North Rhun provinces, Khand provinces(?)
    Fiefdoms - Rhovanion provinces? Dorwinion provinces? Dale provinces?

North Rhun
    Homelands - Rhun provinces?
    Fiefdoms - Dorwinion/Rhovanion/Dale provinces? Or none...

Khand
    Homelands - Rhun provinces?
    Fiefdoms - ... none?

Dunland
    Homelands - Dunland provinces (obviously, but there might be some that start in rebel hands at game-start... note, though, that the *coastal* settlements west of Dunland are not part of Dunland proper and thus are not Homelands)
    Fiefdoms - Rohan settlements?

Harad
    Homelands - Harondor & Far Harad provinces? If they're not Homelands, then they're Fiefdoms for sure.
    Fiefdoms - see above WRT Harondor/Far Harad. I almost think Gondor might count as a Fiefdom, or at least coastal parts...

Far Harad
    Homelands - ...none?
    Fiefdoms - Harad provinces? Harondor provinces?

Harondor
    Homelands -see Far Harad
    Fiefdoms - see Far Harad

So, yes, not very useful right now, but it's a framework and I'll polish it up and stick it somewhere. Feel free to set me straight on any of these; it's been a while, and the dev build does things a little differently WRT these issues.
    Last edited by CountMRVHS; January 25, 2018 at 08:32 AM.