Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    At the extreme caution of ever allowing any of you to sleep mildly, no. I will continue to haunt you, your children, and your children's children.

Actually I just got back from a totally ing kickass two week Alaskan cruise, which should be on everyone's bucket list. Anyway, let me know if you need me to run for something useless or if we actually have some sort of fun game to plan. Personally, I have a dnd campaign I've been planning I could use 1-2 more players for.
    My High School has decided that our 35th Reunion will be a cruise of unknown origin and destination. (I imagine somewhere in the Gulf or Caribbean). I Did do a Disney cruise years ago. My Dad loved cruises.

I have not played D&D since my youth (30+ years). We had a lot of fun with it. I was in a gaming shop earlier this spring. It was hardly recognizable.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

For the records, the next election to come is Magistrate VI (end of Gaius' term). As this is holidays period for many of us, we are in the need to extend the application period of a couple of days in order to ensure proper follow up from Consul and Censores, as follows:

Applications will be opened on the 9th
    Applications will be closed on the 16th (provided that there's ATL one applicant)
    Election poll will be put up the same day and will end 4 days after (supposedly on the 20th).

So far it is all
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    For the records, the next election to come is Magistrate VI (end of Gaius' term). As this is holidays period for many of us, we are in the need to extend the application period of a couple of days in order to ensure proper follow up from Consul and Censores, as follows:

Applications will be opened on the 9th
    Applications will be closed on the 16th (provided that there's ATL one applicant)
    Election poll will be put up the same day and will end 4 days after (supposedly on the 20th).

So far it is all
    Applications are now open!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Related to this

[B]
    As explained, the correct procedure when discussing a new amendment or award, is to open up a DISCUSSION thread in the Prothalamos, so please keep discussing here.
    Let me expand: the Curia main forum is intended to be used, on papers, as a general discussion area for things pertaining to the purpose and objectives of the Curia (I.E. Strategic Vision, Valuation of Citizenship, etc). It has been used at times to discuss stuff that actually pertained to the Prothalamos, improperly in my opinion.

What kind of Discussion pertain to the Prothalamos, then? Any one that might generate an Amendment to the Constitution or a Decision should be posted there; I've never seen anyone discussing about proposing a member for an award, but technically if one wants that can be discussed as well.

PS keep in mind that the Curia main is open for posting to Citizens only, while the Prothalamos is opened to every member to post (included opening up Discussion threads, as well as Amendments, Decisions and Awards).

In case of doubts on where to post what, you can always ask the Consul in advance (or notify them once you have posted the thread to check if it has been placed in the correct place).

Flinn, your friendly neighborhood Consul
    Last edited by Flinn; August 10, 2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: dammit, DAMMIT!! too many typos :(

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Magistrate election vote is up.

Vote here!

Content Emeritus

Congratulations Gaius Baltar on your re-election as Magistrate!

Blog Entries

For the records, I'm back.

As I already told, I'm not going to apply again as Consul, and the next election is planned in about a couple of weeks, so if anyone wants to give that a try, this could be a good moment to do so

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Even though I don't come around here as much as I used to I'm still very thankful for you doing the thankless job of keeping the lights on around here.

It makes me sad that I've just now seen this post 4 days later, and it makes me sadder that I'm the first one to respond to it.

I guess it just speaks to the state that the site is in these days. I suppose that's how these sorts of things die, not with a bang but with a whimper.

Thanks again, Flinn.

o7

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

Seriously though, you are too kind. My actual concern is that no one will find the right motivation to apply as the next Consul, and I'll have to remain here for the rest of my life

It won't come to that Flinn. I do what I usually do and throw myself into the void until someone else decides they want the position.

I have been "preoccupied" these past few months, but I am not busy.

Content Emeritus

The Curia has decided the Dude is worthy of the Curial Service Award! Congratulations Flinn!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    The Curia has decided the Dude is worthy of the Curial Service Award! Congratulations Flinn!

Also, latest Curial report is up. I don't expect anything to happen these few days before my term will end, but in case I'll update it.

PS I haven't posted the Curial Report in the Curial CMS, since past week I seem to have somewhat broken the Article section by trying to do so. GED has popped up this morning and seems to have solved the issue, once I'll have the assurance that I can post there safely (for the site) I'll post the report in the CMS too (or the next Consul will).

Blog Entries

PS I haven't posted the Curial Report in the Curial CMS, since past week I seem to have somewhat broken the Article section by trying to do so. GED has popped up this morning and seems to have solved the issue, once I'll have the assurance that I can post there safely (for the site) I'll post the report in the CMS too (or the next Consul will).
    Seems to be solved, the Curial report has been posted in the Curial CMS.

..... GED has popped up this morning and seems to have solved the issue,...

You don't say

Blog Entries

New Consul election is up!

Apply here - Discuss here.

As I said I'm not going to re-apply, but I'm available to serve another term as Censor if the new Consul feels like they might need help, atl initially (since I've remade the Consular Handbook and the Consular Agenda, the new Consul might need help to learn to navigate those).

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I volunteer as possible co-censor to micromanage the living history section. Other than that I can't promise a lot more than last time...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Blog Entries

The new Consul election is up! Vote here!.

Blog Entries

The Consul election will be over on the 30th, and I won't be online that day and the following. Results will automatically be visible, but if the applicant has no problem (assuming they will pass of course, which is very likely to be the case), I'll wait till Monday (October the 1st) before completing the procedures of passing by the Consul's duty, because there are a couple of things I want to check myself and deal with.

Blog Entries

And here I am!

Congrats to Pike for winning the latest Consul election.

All the necessary changes have been requested to Hex.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Long live the ki- err, consul.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?