Page 28 of 418 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    I plan on it, sometime after August 29th...
    bah! im eligible by september, if only that requirement would change.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Yea I know

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cdec has gone way overboard this time! is there a rush for clients to become citizen since there is always the next month and the client or any other client will be able to make more concrete contributions by that time.

Content Emeritus

Hm?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Hm?
    He means the Narf case.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

if only Mega was still here he would have enlightened some of the members

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

What did the CdeC do wrong? From my point of view they handled the situation really well, considering that I managed to it up from the beginning.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Firstly, Since making avatars is a contribution then why not make all contributors here citizens: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...68048&page=524 as it takes time and hardwork to make those as well and does it make this site better? Ofcourse and do they help other members while doing that? Yes!. Secondly, before most of the Cdec members decides on how much concrete contributions the candidate has brought to the table not imaginary ones (it's like giving someone the artifex badge for an unreleased mod - well it has happened before and too bad some of the mods were never released). As what the other Cdec members said if this would have been brought up next month this would have been an entire different case since by that time that applicant would have made other contributions which would make it "enough" for other Cdec members and making the applicant a very good candidate for citizen plus it would result to i believe a unanimous decision. Also on the previous applicant he is a member of the content staff now in which someone said you cannot be a member of content staff unless you contributed something right and look where he is now, therefore i conclude that there is no rush to make people citizens since there is still the next month and in that scope any applicant would have made more concrete contributions.

Content Emeritus

Dont like the way they vote? Don't vote for them when their seats are up to vote.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dont like the way they vote? Don't vote for them when their seats are up to vote.
    it's not that, since we all have different point of views, i understand and respect each one but it seems the judgement call of some of the other members of the council are clouded this time and they were not like that before they had better reasoning.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I guess you're reffering to me (among others may be ?!).
    I have no problem if people have different opinions on things, and neither when they tell me they have.

I'd still like to tell that I personally adhere to my decision, and that I wouldn't deny that.
    I'd also like to say, that "simply making avatars" was not the only reason for me - it alone wouldn't be enough for me.
    And I'd like to mention, since you bring it up with "what about waiting one more month and the case is clear". I agree, yes. As I also stated in the thread, I wanted to patronize that member as well. But I also said, I would have waited a month or two until doing so, that the case will be 100% clear and easy. It was not my decision to apply now already since I am not involved in it. There is also a limit telling you to be able to apply again after 3 months, so theoretically it's not about denying this time and bring her forth again next month, it would be three months - just a quick note.
    And since I also already focused on this candidate, and wanted to patronize this member in the nearer future - and as I am involved in various sections this member is active in as well (and now speaking about 3,4 "different" areas of the side) I could never vote "no" with a clean conscience. But I can vote "yes" with one, since I personally see this member worthy of the badge and compared to the "normal member" - outstanding.

This is my point of view, I am always up for discussing it of course...

That is also right of course
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 25, 2011 at 04:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

im just giving feedback and it would have been certainly wiser to wait for next month(probably most of you guys will become patrons) oh well since it is there already guess it's time to move forward with other applications, cheers!

Content Emeritus

Yes of course, it's your right, I just wanted to anwser you

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    There is also a limit telling you to be able to apply again after 3 months, so theoretically it's not about denying this time and bring her forth again next month, it would be three months - just a quick note.
    I 'll give you a different note on this. If you fail your application you are able to reapply after one month. If you have received a warning you will have to wait for 6 months.

From the FAQ

If, for whatever reason, you should fail the vote you must wait 1 month before you can apply again
    and have no warnings within the last six months
    This place is mend for this kind of debate.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Content Emeritus

Oh sorry, my bad - I think what I had in mind was the 3 months rules until you can patronize one after being made Citizen yourself

Apology

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I thought the new proposal failed?! Oh maan, I must have been living under a rock.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Content Emeritus

Nonono you misread him, when he said "one" in his post above yours, he meant "one client"

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Scchtop!

Just to inform you guys, Katsumoto has had to take care of some tribulations in something called "real life" and unfortunately had to resign his CdeC seat. A good luck to him in all his future endeavours and a thanks for all his time and efforts in office!

The election procedure for his seat has already begun as he had two weeks remaining on his term until yesterday anyway. In the mean time the constitution requires no voting gaps in CdeC so Justinian will be filling in for him for the last couple of weeks of his term. He know's what to do, has the support of the Curia if his recent magistrate victory is anything to go by and precedent in the past has been that Assistant Curator's fill these gaps when a councillor leaves and there's less than 50% of their term left.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Some feedback for CdeC:

Why aren't Councillors talking much in the patronisation threads recently? I'm referring specifically to the most recent one, Wangrin. Ten councillors voted, but there were only eleven posts in the thread. Of those posts, one the patron's, one was Omni's curatorial notice of the poll, three said they would look into it, two were leaning towards a yes, two said they weren't sure, while the final two posts were definitely a yes. Ten people voted, yet only nine posted in the thread (including Omni's formal post). I have no idea what many councillors voted for in the end. Someone obviously came in and voted despite not saying anything. It's helpful to know these things. Indeed, the sub-heading of the Quaestiones Perpetuae reads:
    "Where active cases are discussed and voted upon. All CdC members are required to participate".
    I really think participate should mean more than just a vote with no explanation.

As someone who takes the time to read the applications and revisits them come election time, I'd like to make the suggestion that Councillors talk about things more. There were conflicting opinions between Councillors but nobody so much as commented on these differences. Being a non-modder myself, I also sympathise with Hesus's comment "I was hoping to see some more input of discussion by the modder councillors but it seem i 'll have to start digging myself". Despite this rather open invitation, nothing was forthcoming.

I get that it was seen by many as a simple open and shut case as others have been recently, but a bit more deliberation and explanation would be nice. I'd be hard pressed to decide who I'd want to reelect to CdeC because there just wasn't much said. All the best guys.
    Last edited by Genius of the Restoration; August 22, 2011 at 01:07 AM.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    I have no idea what many councillors voted for in the end.
    How councillors vote is viewable by clicking the poll count on the attached poll. Here's how people voted for example in the application you mentioned.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.