Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Britain Mod..UPDATED 19/12/10

Default Re: Great Britain Mod

These may be models, but a good example fo the colours, The ones in white are the same, just no jacket.

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by monte0525 View Post
    Hey Pom i just realized the issue with the 1st royal regiments might not be an issue at all. Everything is fine in custom setup and campaign when you mouse over their icons and like I said before the (grenadier) and (line infantry) both show. It was only when on the battle map both regiments show up as 1st royal regiments. I guess it just kinda threw me off a bit seeing both of them with the same regiment titles. I wasn't sure if maybe one was supposed to be called 1st royal grenadier and the other 1st royal regiment. If not then just ignore my posts, I just wanted to clear up any confusion in case you looked into it and realized everything is good on your side. Fantastic job as always and i look forward to more of your work
    Thanks monte, I did look into it and as you say grenadiers appers in the custom menu but not in the battle, never noticed before, will still amend in the next release, it will annoy me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    These may be models, but a good example fo the colours, The ones in white are the same, just no jacket.

Thanks for this Major, always like to see well painted figures,takes me back, I do miss creating an army from scratch(all gone now). What period are these as the image I was going to use has them in blue breeches?

Quote Originally Posted by carricanta View Post
    Infantry 1742 III
    Thanks for all this carricanta, I do have this volume of Funken that your using, mind you I had missed the officer in the last post, I like him will have a go at getting him into the game

Malagant's Avatar Libertus

Hi POM!!! great great Mod!! i like it!! so i hope you make much more of the British and ich hope you will release soon the line infantry and cavalry and artillery... excellent work!!! of course your other work too!!! i mean the german states!!!

I believe they are early 1700s, William Of Orange Period (Beginning of ETW), but regiment to regiment they were always different so..

I wonder why some of them wear Tarleton hats?

Ah... I think there is a mod with blu artillery men..
    YES! ToonTotalWar's AR Mod

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Hey Pom, nice work but I noticed in the DarthMod version you do not have the latest DM BAI settings (3.9).

I have taken the liberty of updating them for you and here they are:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIVTLLF1

hip63

I remember, Toon's old mod had blue artillery men as part of the british pack.. Im sure it won tbe hard to skin Pom..

I dont like the officer's bicorn, can that code be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Malagant View Post
    Hi POM!!! great great Mod!! i like it!! so i hope you make much more of the British and ich hope you will release soon the line infantry and cavalry and artillery... excellent work!!! of course your other work too!!! i mean the german states!!!
    Thank you Malagant, on the Germans, I'm testing my recruitment mod for them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    Hey Pom, nice work but I noticed in the DarthMod version you do not have the latest DM BAI settings (3.9).

I have taken the liberty of updating them for you and here they are:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIVTLLF1

hip63
    Thanks for this hip, forgot to adjust the spacings, I always manage to miss something.
    +Rep for the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    I remember, Toon's old mod had blue artillery men as part of the british pack.. Im sure it won tbe hard to skin Pom..
    Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Like I said old chap I would rather have my Artillery Officers with a blue uniform than a redcoat uniform, it just looks so wrong to me and the bicorn isn't all that bad, perhaps someone can improve on it using the Artillery illustrations I already submitted earlier, that's the object of the whole exercise to give Pom some ideas you see?
    Good luck pom hope I have given you some ideas?
    Hi guys, thanks for the info, and your right Brigadier the uniforms have to be blue, I'm probably going to go with this look, think it fits in better with the time period I like to stick to.
    Attachment 63493

Very nice guys, (my personal opinion which doesn't count for squat) As for the uniforms. I like the Bicornes in some places especially on the Artillery and Higher up officers. As for the junior Regimental Officers, I would prefer to see them retain the Tricorne. I wonder if this is possible. Somewhere around these grand forums is a thread and mod that some chappie (name eludes me for a sec but here is the mod "mod_ahiga_fixed_headwear" ) created that gives two hats randomly to units. It wasn't the Militia mod that swaps hats, but one similiar done later. This if given the officers would alow maybe seniors getting bicorne and jrs getting tricorne I hope!

As for the colors No offence Brig Graham, but I would rather have all infantry officers in Red Coats than One Artillery officer in Blue. The Artillery guys look grand in Blue and wouldn't want this changed, but dont want the infantry guys that way at all. What I dont understand, is why the Officer in the artillery pack doesnt get his color from the horse artillery mod?? as he belongs to this unit?

Anyway, that is enough from me for one post, +rep to you POM great Job

Push on, brave York volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    Very nice guys, (my personal opinion which doesn't count for squat) As for the uniforms. I like the Bicornes in some places especially on the Artillery and Higher up officers. As for the junior Regimental Officers, I would prefer to see them retain the Tricorne. I wonder if this is possible. Somewhere around these grand forums is a thread and mod that some chappie (name eludes me for a sec but here is the mod "mod_ahiga_fixed_headwear" ) created that gives two hats randomly to units. It wasn't the Militia mod that swaps hats, but one similiar done later. This if given the officers would alow maybe seniors getting bicorne and jrs getting tricorne I hope!

As for the colors No offence Brig Graham, but I would rather have all infantry officers in Red Coats than One Artillery officer in Blue. The Artillery guys look grand in Blue and wouldn't want this changed, but dont want the infantry guys that way at all. What I dont understand, is why the Officer in the artillery pack doesnt get his color from the horse artillery mod?? as he belongs to this unit?

Anyway, that is enough from me for one post, +rep to you POM great Job
    Thank you Major General, (I'm getting seriously outranked by all you guys), as for the officers colours, the infantry will remain red and the artillery officers blue, thank you for the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Brilliant, go for it sir I shall be very pleases if you manage to make them, and will definitely use whatever you come up with thanks!
    Thanks Brigadier, need to find the right model to play with.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Pom, nice job, but can you refrain from historic regients (unless they're guards or famous)?
    By the way, they're great because they have no facial hair like in history!

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Pom View Post
    Thanks for this hip, forgot to adjust the spacings, I always manage to miss something.
    +Rep for the catch.
    Actually it was a little more to it than that, I had adjusted the spot parameters and changed the class as per darthmod 3.9

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello POM, congratulations on your new unit pack release! Your new units are looking awesome! Instant download + play! +rep
    Thank you Swiss.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Pom, nice job, but can you refrain from historic regients (unless they're guards or famous)?
    By the way, they're great because they have no facial hair like in history!
    Thanks Emperor, the regular units won't have names, the game gives them numbers in the campaign and I think it looks odd if you have 6 or 7 line infantry all called "3rd Regiment The Buffs", I will however give the names of the regiments that the units are based on in the release notes as I know that people still have a lot of pride in their local regiments.

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    Actually it was a little more to it than that, I had adjusted the spot parameters and changed the class as per darthmod 3.9

hip63
    Right, will have to look more closely, I think I've been missing this for some time.
    Thanks.

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Is Line Infantry Included With This Mod? If So, I Can't Seem To Locate It.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGREAT-BRITAINx View Post
    Is Line Infantry Included With This Mod? If So, I Can't Seem To Locate It.
    No I'm working on the line infantry at the moment.

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Ah, Ok, Good .

As Long As I Haven't Had Some Sort Of Unexplainable Error Then That's Ok ..

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Great work fireind REP++