Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conqistador's fixes - TE Gold 0.7

Default Re: Conqistador's fixes - TE Gold 0.7

Sorry for my lack of activity here, RL got me busy... i'll try to redo this hotfix as soon as possible and verify all the issues posted in this topic. Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Conqistador; July 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by borst50 View Post
    I am getting a CDT for siege battles as Roman Player for both the attack and defense. Everything else works fine. My screen goes black then after a few seconds i get a pop up telling me it is an unspecified error then poof...i am at desk top.
    Can you tell me your army's composition, so i can see if this is a unit-related error. Tried sieges with romans, and battles have ran well as always.

Updated first post, Rapidshare now sucks....
    Last edited by Conqistador; July 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

I crash still with Epirus even after applying these fixes. Any other ideas?

Okay, I think I solved the problem. Conqistador made a mistake when adding in the Elephant Archer sprites to descr_model_battle.txt All the sprites are located in terrae_expugnandae\data\sprites and prefixed with te_ but when he added them in he added them in straight. This wouldn't be a problem, because the game has its own set of sprites, except it only has this set of sprites for everything except Epirus!

So the solution is to replace data/sprites/epirus_greek_elephant_archer_sprite.spr with terrae_expugnandae/data/sprites/te_epirus_greek_elephant_archer_sprite.spr

To make it easier, and because terrae_expugnandae for sure has all the sprites, just replace all of them that way. Should solve the CTDs when dealing with Epirus that were being experienced with these fixes.

I'm new to mod installing and I'm having some teething problems I can't seem to resolve with FAQs. I have used a program to extract the folder. Do I simply copy and paste the folder 'data' into my TE folder? I thought that was what you were saying but there is already the original data folder for TE present. Do i rename your new folder (e.g. data(1) ) or do I replace the data folder? Am I in the right place or what is going on?

Thanks in advance, an eager rookie

You need to replace the folder named Data.
    BTW can someone update the fix file with Daykeras' fix?(There really is a crash with Epirus)
    Is Conqistador still active?

Yeah to clarify the fix you just need to edit the descr_model_battle.txt for the greek elephant archers. search for them in the file. There are 2 sprite entries next to epirus that point to /data/sprites and not terrae_expugnandae/data/sprites so the game looks for the sprites in the vanilla data directory for a faction that doesn't exist. Just fix the directory structure. I'll upload the file if I can.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The original file in the OP seems to be missing.

Can I use http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-0-7-Released , as normal or will I need to use these fixes?

If so, where are they and as per post above is that a final version to use?

Thanks all

Especially Lusted !

Is it no longer available for download?? There is no attatchments anywhere to download it that I can see ( I am new so might have overlooked something)

hello to the community..Is there a fix with TEX extreme..? i searched but i didn t find a solution..The game crashes after 2 battles

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Unable to find a link to the file anymore. If anyone has it archived somewhere speak up.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

It is a pity that this fix pack is offline. Please upload. This is such a great mod!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123