Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Setting Heirs to your preference

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Default Re: Setting Heirs to your preference

On the last 5 pictures yes, all chars had the same authority.
    What i've shown is:
    If you have a char with 9 auth in the lower branch, and a char with 9 auth in the upper branch, the lower branch gets chosen.
    If all chars have 0 auth, the upper branch gets chosen.

So if everyone in both branches have 25yr's old, and 0 auth, the last one from the upper branch gets heir.
    If everyone in both branches have 25 yr's old, and 9 auth, the last one from the lower branch gets heir.
    So basically:
    If the same highest authority value exists in both branches and its above 0, the lower branch takes priority in heir choosing.
    If the highest authority value in both branches is 0, the upper branch takes priority in heir choosing.

Hello!
    Firstly sorry that I didn't read all the thread - my time is short right now and I have only a short suggestion to make. If you all know it by now, it's fine anyways, just ignore me.
    Here it is:
    To choose your next heir by yourself make an anc that grants much authority and that is transferable.
    Give every faction one from the start.
    (Maybe do some respawn trigger, if the guy who carries it gets killed. Maybe script or trigger something for the ai to handle it properly - or just erase it by script when a faction is ai controlled, since this thing is only for you.)
    This way choosing your next heir would be simple.

Thx and goodbye,
    confused german

EDIT: I don't know if all Med2 games have transferable ancs.
    "Do you want Total War?"

BobaHat's Avatar Tiro

Hi all,

Sorry for digging up this thread but I was wondering if it would be possible to make a step-by-step tutorial for this? The first post talks a lot about 'creating triggers' and 'assigning' stuff, but I don't know what this means.

Would it be possible for someone to make a simple step-by-step tutorial for dummies on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
    "I have learned how to be a man.
    And so I shall become the King of Men."
    - Canute the Great, king of Denmark, Norway and England

BobaHat's Avatar Tiro

Anyone?

BobaHat's Avatar Tiro

Since nobody is even replying, I'll ask more direct questions. Maybe it will help:

I'm trying to work out how to do this, but the OP is very vague and not explaining things very well.

1. How do you make certain traits only available to faction leader/heir?
    2. How do transferable ancs work exactly?

Hope someone replies now. I'd still recommend making a full step-by-step tutorial for this, because this is a very useful tool, and right now I'm sure many new modders (like myself) have no idea how to implement these things due to the way this tutorial is written.

Have to say...M2TW heir policy is complete stupidity, if compared to RTW one, where you could choose yourself without working the out yourself to figure things out.
    The Sons of Mars - Brutii AAR

​"We Brutii are the only true Romans. We drove out the Kings. We saved Rome. We made the Republic."

OFFICIAL QUIZ SHOW THREAD!! - Go ahead and give your best shot to the trivia questions!! - (LINK CHANGED!! CLICK THE UNDERLINED IS CORRECT ONE!!)
    ​(Made by Philip Regent)

where can i download this mod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    The game only picks characters from the family tree.
    There is a mod\script now that let's you determine the next heir whenever the FL dies, a bit like RTW style.

We have a script like this for EBII; it gives a "potential successor" +8 Authority. Only it doesn't work; the engine always seems to ignore whomever that person is and choose the next Heir according to whatever it's own criteria are.

Is Authority the only thing it looks at, or are there other factors too, which may override it?

After some extensive testing with EB2:

1) Authority is the ONLY mechanism used by the game to determine the "next" Faction Heir.

2) In 100% of cases, granting a family member Authority of +10 (via script) resulted in that person being selected as the next Faction Heir.

So this is definitely something that can be controlled. The only caveat would be, if your mod is granting high authority levels through other methods, that might alter things. The solution is to minimize/eliminate other in-game grants of authority (via traits/ancillaries/scripts).
    EBII Council

Yes, in our case it turned out +8 Authority wasn't enough, but +10 was.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234