Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Guide To settlement_mechanics.xml

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: A Guide To settlement_mechanics.xml

My takeaway from your testing is: what provide for "population growth from trade" are:
    - sea trade even if no grain is involved (not in your testing, but my guess is: the better the buildings, the more growth).
    - grain resource for the exporting settlement (but not the importing one) if there's any trade (again, from the Alavaria's observation on roads: the better the trade buildings, especially roads, the more growth).

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That's pretty much my take as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    My takeaway from your testing is: what provide for "population growth from trade" are:
    - sea trade even if no grain is involved (not in your testing, but my guess is: the better the buildings, the more growth).
    - grain resource for the exporting settlement (but not the importing one) if there's any trade (again, from the Alavaria's observation on roads: the better the trade buildings, especially roads, the more growth).
    I'm back with the topic since I've seen in game something contradictory. As one may see on the pics (each is actually with addition from another screen) it's possible that:
    - a city with only import of grain has a trade-related population growth
    - a city with neither grain nor grain import nor any sea trade - also has this type of growth
    So it's more complicated...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Blog Entries

Have a look at the fertility levels in descr_regions - maybe high levels also provide a trade bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Have a look at the fertility levels in descr_regions - maybe high levels also provide a trade bonus.
    Definitely not - Krolewiec at the pic has a fertility level of 1.

On the growth issue: in another mod (Wrath of the Norsemen) the highest growth from trade I've seen is 3,5%.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Blog Entries

It's linked to the grain import for sure, in vanilla any trade with Alexandria was bound to give a boost due to their multiple grain resources.

Grodnica seems to be a bit of a step child: no trading resources, no fertility to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Grodnica seems to be a bit of a step child: no trading resources, no fertility to speak of.
    This is actually one of the hallmarks of the Wrath of the Norsemen mod: most of the settlements are villages at the beginning having no fertility. Most of growth in the settlements come from trade mechanics.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Got a bit of an odd problem. Editing the files for the settlement size so I can get citadels more feasibly - and it causes the game to crash when I try to load in the campaign. Upgrade entry for fortress and base citadel size are the same - and I tried editing fortress's maximum to avoid the problem, still got CTD. Nobody has mentioned this - but does editing the xml break an existing campaign?
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Blog Entries

Good possibility for the settlement size, but I don't think the other values (EOP etc) will cause a crash - simply try if a new campaign crashes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234