Page 35 of 165 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344456085135 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish) > UPDATED GRAPHICS PACK > 10.7.09

Quote Originally Posted by arnas View Post
    i have a probelm. i've instaled AUM+language pack+graphics pack and the only thing that seems to work is graphics pack ( there are new flags and etc.) but nothing else,no new units,nothing. do you have some thoughts on that?

Could you be a bit more specific?
    for instance: describe the steps you took to install AUM, did you use Modmanager to activate it, which version are you trying to install, are you using any other mods etc

The more info you can provide the better we can help you to get it working.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish) > UPDATED GRAPHICS PACK > 10.7.09

yes , my bad
    well first of all i downloaded AUM 2.3 ,AUM graphic pack and AUM language pack EN, put it all in data folder and then launched Mod manager 1.5 ,selected it and tried to launch , result was CTD (btw everytime i try to launch the game through mod manager i get ctd). Then selected Aum on mod manager pressed SAVE and then launched the game directly from .exe . It worked ,but just the flag set part. So then i instaled family tree mode and again i get CTD if i try to launch it through mod manager ,but when i launched it from .exe no affection, it didn't work. then i tried to install darth mode, but it didn't work both ways - CTD.

I have Windows VISTA, AMD TURION X2 ULTRA 64 2.1ghz, 4gb RAM, ATI RADEON HD 3200 256mb up to 1918mb.

thanks

trueshadow21's Avatar Foederatus

Check to see what your script file actually says. Sometimes mod manager doesn't input the filenames correctly.
    Open:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt

For example, this is what mine looks like:
    mod "CAPTAINCOX_LOADSCREENS_II_18thCENTURY_1280x1024.pack";
    mod "darthmod.pack";
    mod "sharpes rifles v1_7.pack";
    mod "aum_mod_dm.pack";
    You also always want AUM last, but I don't know if that would cause a CTD.

In my experience if any mod name is written incorrectly it will cause a CTD on startup.

Also make sure you are running Mod Manager as admin (right click 'Run as Administrator'), I know that it doesn't work for me unless I do.
    Last edited by trueshadow21; July 13, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Also, do you have the latest version of Modmanager?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Malakai1977 View Post
    I know i'm not Swiss, but...
    If you are talking about the African Guard Infantry, then yes, everyone can build them.
    I think its safe to say that what you can recruit in custom games, you can also recruit in the campaign.

Hope this helps
    thanks!

Well that is to bad, do not like that almost evreybody can recrut the same things

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz87 View Post
    thanks!

Well that is to bad, do not like that almost evreybody can recrut the same things
    well there is a unit difference between western and eastern factions at least. and factionspecific units still remain.

thanks!
    Swiss i am wondering, the new units that you have added like the african infantry or what there name, can evrey faction recrut them or only hte Turks? Becuse when i lookt at the rooster for the faction evreybody could recrut your units in costum battles.
    I know i'm not Swiss, but...
    If you are talking about the African Guard Infantry, then yes, everyone can build them.
    I think its safe to say that what you can recruit in custom games, you can also recruit in the campaign.
    well there is a unit difference between western and eastern factions at least. and factionspecific units still remain.
    I agree with Malakai1977!

You can "de-activate" the "unit-to-faction relations" if you read the "How to customize AUM" section in my thread at the second post on the first site.

Here is all information about the "activated units" from my starting post:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    52 ALREADY INCLUDED UNITS WHICH CAN NOW BE RECRUITED BY MORE FACTIONS:

These "already included" units are based on the "stats / costs / abilities / required techs / required buildings" from the corresponding major mod or from "vanilla standard ETW". If these units are "unbalanced" then it comes from the mentioned mod.

INFANTRY + CAVALRY UNITS
    Euro Heavy Cavalry > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late / recruitable at the three latest barracks)

Euro Cuirassiers > available for all major European factions globally. (custom battle = late)

Euro Hussars > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)

Euro Carabiniers > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)

Euro Dragoons > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = both)

Euro Colonial Light Cavalry > available for all major European factions in their colonies. (custom battle = not available)

East Colonial Sipaphi Cavalry > available for all major European factions in India. (custom battle = not available / recruitable at the three latest barracks)

Euro Late Riflemen > available for all European faction groups which don't have "Late Riflemen" like "Prussian Jaegers / Tirailleurs / Green Jackets" (custom battle = late)

Grenzers > available for the faction groups of "Austria", "Prussia" and "Russia/Poland" in the original region (custom battle = late)

Barbets > available for all major European "protestantic"factions in the "Italian_Alps" region (custom battle not available)

Highland Clansmen > available for all major European factions and only recruitable in Scotland (That means if France captures Scotland, then they can build the "Highland Clansmen") (custom battle = early)

Highland Infantry > available for all major European factions and only recruitable in Scotland (custom battle = not available)

American Long Rifles > available for all major European factions and only recruitable in America. (custom battle = early + late)

Irish Brigade > available for all major European factions in France (custom battle = early)

Norwegian Ski Troops > available for all major European factions in Norway. (custom battle = not available)

Miquelets > only available for the faction group of Spain in the "peninsula" region (custom battle not available)

Highlanders Scots > available for all European faction groups who capture a city in the "displaced_scots" region (this group was made by CA) (custom battle = late)

Pandours > now available for all major European factions and the faction group "Ottomans" in the "Balkans" region too. (custom battle not available)

African Liberated Slaver Musketeers > available for all major factions in the "West Indies" colonies. (Bahamas, Hispaniola, Trinidad/Tobago, 2 x Islands of the wind) / (custom battle = not available)

East Pikemen Zamindari > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early)

East Missile Cavalry Zamindari > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)

East Guard Cavalry Ahadis > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = late)

East Lancers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = early+late)

East Light Cavalry Qizilbashi > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Irregular Cavalry Pindari > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Islamic Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Islam" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Dervishes Warriors > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Isarelys Musketmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Fellahin Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Fellahin Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Hindu Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Hindu Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Infantry Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

Riskers of Soul > only available for the Ottomans globally (custom battle not available)

Desert Warriors > available for all major factions which own a "desert" region (custom battle not available)

The five american natives are now available in campaign mode to all major factions and recruitable only in America. To build them you have to reach certain "native" building levels or the buildings described in the next chapter below. (custom battle = not available)
    native_american_archers_auxiliary
    native_american_mounted_musketeers_auxiliary
    native_american_musketeers_auxiliary
    native_american_tribesmen_auxiliary
    native_american_warriors_auxiliary

ARTILLERY UNITS
    18lbs Horse Guard Artillery > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)

24lbs Guard Artillery > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)
    This two Guard artillery units are buildable at the three latest artillery buildings = gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school

temporarly removed because of a CTD bug:
    12lbs Land Cannon Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_coastal" region. (custom battle = not available)

12lbs Howitzer Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_inland" region. (custom battle = not available)
    This two Colonial artillery units are buildable at the four latest artillery buildings = great arsenal, gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school

SHIPS
    Razee > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the steam_drydock)

24lbs Heavy Frigate > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the drydock, naval_hospital and steam_drydock)

Galleon > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Race Built > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Fluyt > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Xebec > available for all major faction groups in the "med_coast" region (custom battle not available / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Lugger > available for all major faction groups globally (custom battle not available / buildable in all docks and harbors)

I will create a detailed list of my AUM units soon.

i have a probelm. i've instaled AUM+language pack+graphics pack and the only thing that seems to work is graphics pack ( there are new flags and etc.) but nothing else,no new units,nothing. do you have some thoughts on that?
    yes , my bad
    well first of all i downloaded AUM 2.3 ,AUM graphic pack and AUM language pack EN, put it all in data folder and then launched Mod manager 1.5 ,selected it and tried to launch , result was CTD (btw everytime i try to launch the game through mod manager i get ctd). Then selected Aum on mod manager pressed SAVE and then launched the game directly from .exe . It worked ,but just the flag set part. So then i instaled family tree mode and again i get CTD if i try to launch it through mod manager ,but when i launched it from .exe no affection, it didn't work. then i tried to install darth mode, but it didn't work both ways - CTD.

I have Windows VISTA, AMD TURION X2 ULTRA 64 2.1ghz, 4gb RAM, ATI RADEON HD 3200 256mb up to 1918mb.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HellFell View Post
    Arnas, did you add "mod aum_mod.pack;" to your user.empire_script.txt file?
    yes i did, it rewarded me with CTD
    Hello arnas, please try the following steps again:

Delete all AUM files except the "patch_aum_graphics.pack" from your ETW data directory.

>
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

Download these two files again and unzip them: (because if the first download had an error, it would never work)

aum_mod.zip
    patch_aum_en_loc.zip (if you use other unit packs too = patch_aum_en_loc_all.zip)

Make sure that in your "user.empire_script.txt" is only this written in there:
    mod aum_mod.pack;

The location of the "user.empire_script.txt":
    [spoiler]XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

VISTA C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Important information if you edit the "user.empire_script.txt":

Whenever updating/saving the "
    user.empire_script.txt" make sure that the file is not being saved in ANSI format, and is instead saved in Unicode format, or else "Empire.exe" will not read the mod pack.

Try this for a test and then we'll see if another "normal mod" or "patch-type mod" is generating the conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by trueshadow21 View Post
    Check to see what your script file actually says. Sometimes mod manager doesn't input the filenames correctly.
    Open:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt

For example, this is what mine looks like:
    You also always want AUM last, but I don't know if that would cause a CTD.

In my experience if any mod name is written incorrectly it will cause a CTD on startup.

Also make sure you are running Mod Manager as admin (right click 'Run as Administrator'), I know that it doesn't work for me unless I do.
    I completely agree here with trueshadow21 and thank you for this detailed explanation here for the viewers.

After my upcoming release of AUM 2.4 I will update my new created "FAQ" on the second post of my thread with a detailed "Troubleshooting-Guide" for AUM. As I did mention already above in this post, I will create a detailed information list of all custom AUM units and ships soon.

As I now have a second post in my thread I can provide much more information.

My first post had quite reached the size limit and therefore I had to shorten my post to the really needed things.

I will read through my whole AUM thread and gather all information/posts together I've made about problems of AUM.

Thank you very much Malakai1977, trueshadow21 and HellFell for your support here.

trueshadow21, Malakai1977, Swiss Halberdier huge thanks for the help so far.

Yes, Malakai, i was using latest version of mod manager.
    Thats what i did lately, i re-instaled the game,tried it if it works, it did. Then re-downloaded AUM 2.3 and language pack put it in data directory, then created user.empire_script.txt in scripts directory wrote mod aum_mod.pack; there and saved it in unicode. i was not using mod manager this time. At last i tried to Launch the game and i get "Empire total war has stop working". It's kind of frustrating...

Damn I can't wait for this 2.4 AUM! Well I will but I'm exited! Keep up the good job my good Swiss men!
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

me2 and i have a stomach ache now

trueshadow21, Malakai1977, Swiss Halberdier huge thanks for the help so far.

Yes, Malakai, i was using latest version of mod manager.
    Thats what i did lately, i re-instaled the game,tried it if it works, it did. Then re-downloaded AUM 2.3 and language pack put it in data directory, then created user.empire_script.txt in scripts directory wrote mod aum_mod.pack; there and saved it in unicode. i was not using mod manager this time. At last i tried to Launch the game and i get "Empire total war has stop working". It's kind of frustrating...
    Does your Empire load without any mods activated?

Quote Originally Posted by twp127 View Post
    me2 and i have a stomach ache now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadadngor View Post
    Damn I can't wait for this 2.4 AUM! Well I will but I'm exited! Keep up the good job my good Swiss men!
    Hello to all AUM fans,

unfortunately I need some more time for finishing my AUM 2.4 release and I will release it tomorrow evening.

I've received in the last two days several awesome "graphical additions" from my "texture contributors" which I want to integrate into the four "aum_mod***.pack" versions.

Some additional info about the upcoming release:
    3 new cavalry units
    8 new infantry units
    2 new artillery units
    5 new ships

The waiting time will be fully worth it!

In the meantime I suggest to you that you check out the fantastic new "Ornamentum 1.1 Unit Pack" made by Danova, Ahiga and Johan217.

I've made a special balanced "Darthmod" version for "Ornamentum 1.1" which is downloadable at this site below and fully compatible with AUM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=277297

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Does your Empire load without any mods activated?
    yes, it does load. As i've mentioned i re-instaled it checked if it works and then instaled AUM,no other mods.

p.s. knowing that there will be AUM update doesn't make it easier

This new info make me more exited! That will be good addition to great mode! Thanks for the work Swiss!
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

What is the latest patch to this mod, and when was it released. Could someone please post a link. Thanks in advance!!

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I cant play without your mod,after have so many units nothing will be the same,but I dont understand something,yes I'm a half noob, why the patch_aum_graphics.zip is so big,I note some diferent units ,and the new flags ,but 400 MB? There are any secret ,more hidden units for a late Era?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadadngor View Post
    This new info make me more exited! That will be good addition to great mode! Thanks for the work Swiss!
    It will be quite the hugest release until now.

yes, it does load. As i've mentioned i re-instaled it checked if it works and then instaled AUM,no other mods.

p.s. knowing that there will be AUM update doesn't make it easier
    Hmmm... very strange... I guess you have all recent updates from Steam?
    Sorry I have to ask this but we don't come any further without this information I guess.

Could you please show some screenshots:
    This folder below, that I can see all files wich are installed.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

+ one with the content of the
    "user.empire_script.txt"

Quote Originally Posted by kyler721 View Post
    What is the latest patch to this mod, and when was it released. Could someone please post a link. Thanks in advance!!
    All links are on my first page > AUM 2.3 (last release 27.6.09)
    Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    I cant play without your mod,after have so many units nothing will be the same,but I dont understand something,yes I'm a half noob, why the patch_aum_graphics.zip is so big,I note some diferent units ,and the new flags ,but 400 MB? There are any secret ,more hidden units for a late Era?
    Thanks, it seems that you are AUM addicted great!!!

Please read the whole section "Information about the included textures" in my first post.

The
    "patch_aum_graphics.zip" does contain only re-textures of vanilla textures and nothing else.

Here is the link to my "AUM Graphics Pack Album" with a few screenshots. But there are a lot more than in my album shown.

Evile's Avatar Biarchus

Sweet mod and awesome units! +rep
    Mediocrity holds supremacy,
    Integrity still lives so keep your faith in me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I2IIa4NWVI

Mr Tom's Avatar Decanus

I was just wondering if that in the next version or a later version the elite late line infantry could be faction specific, so it'd look like the Infantry had Shakos in some cases and look well more 1800s era Line than 1800s era Light.

Quote Originally Posted by carlitobrigante View Post
    Arna hate to ask this but you arent using a cracked copy are you? reason i ask is you say above you have no updates (when the game auto updates) and the screenshots above show a picture of your 'empire total war' folder inside your program files (x86) folder, whereas it should be in steam, steam apps, common etc etc. Where is steam???
    Forgive if im wrong, just had to ask
    Quote Originally Posted by HellFell View Post
    Arnas,
    well, that's the reason why you can't play mods. Get a legal copy and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan654 View Post
    lol Arnas, utorrent's helpful isn't it..
    Hmm... I agree with the messages above. I never saw Empire in that folder? Where is Steam?

On your screenshot of the "scripts" folder there is shown "
    user.empire_script"
    It should be
    "user.empire_script.txt". (but probably you have disabled the "file extension" that it isn't shown)
    Quote Originally Posted by The CHUCK NORRIS 2000 View Post
    Sweet mod and awesome units! +rep
    Thanks CHUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tom View Post
    I was just wondering if that in the next version or a later version the elite late line infantry could be faction specific, so it'd look like the Infantry had Shakos in some cases and look well more 1800s era Line than 1800s era Light.
    Yes it will be definately replaced by another model.

Darth Vader has released today his new "Darthmod 2.4" and the APE:TI-team has released the new "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita 1.0.5".

I have to download both files and re-balance AUM 2.4 according to them. This needs some more time.

Hallo Swiss!

i just wanted to thank you for the last release of your mod,the new units are really nice,i'm really looking forward to any update of this nice mod.

thanks for sharing your amazing job to the comunity