Page 12 of 165 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.8 for DM + APE + IS + vanilla

Sometimes I wish that it'd just be easier for the game to let me have multiple English loc files. I would've taken German if it was availiable at my school. Sounds so easy, and English comes from it. I know a few words in German and know the pronounciations (like an E at the end sounds like "uh'), but don't know exact words.
    So I'm stuck learning the latin languages.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Sometimes I wish that it'd just be easier for the game to let me have multiple English loc files. I would've taken German if it was availiable at my school. Sounds so easy, and English comes from it. I know a few words in German and know the pronounciations (like an E at the end sounds like "uh'), but don't know exact words.
    So I'm stuck learning the latin languages.
    Unfortunately at the moment there can only be one "localisation.loc" language file. I hope CA will inform us or will fix this problem.

In my FAQ I have written a in-depth tutorial to merge two "loc" files together. The "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" is a mixed language file of AUM and "A proper Empire".

Great mod, although i wish u made a mod made for the mod check and mate.

:: Edit, wrong thread ::
    Last edited by Streen15; May 09, 2009 at 07:14 PM.

Can you change the elite grenadiers back to the drummer model next version?

Quote Originally Posted by b0b9 View Post
    Great mod, although i wish u made a mod made for the mod check and mate.
    Thanks a lot. My mod is compatible with "Check and Mate" but it does have different stats. But you could change it to your favor. See how in my FAQ section in the first post.
    Can you change the elite grenadiers back to the drummer model next version?
    The "Elite Grenadiers" are high up in my list of "changing textures" but in the next AUM 1.9 they will have the same texture as before. I've updated my FAQ section how to change it.

I have a current campaign going as Austrian and there are a few elite grenadiers, if I replace them with the drummer skin, will it mess up my save game? Also, inspired by Age of Empires 3, I want my Austrian jaegers to have drummer skin too.

I have a current campaign going as Austrian and there are a few elite grenadiers, if I replace them with the drummer skin, will it mess up my save game? Also, inspired by Age of Empires 3, I want my Austrian jaegers to have drummer skin too.
    Changing the model is fully save-game compatible.

Thank you I will try to fix it

with ape are you able to get all unit names? when i take out the english localization file for ape and put in the one for aum i dont get the names for the additional units with ape and vise versa for aum is there anyway to get both

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGlory View Post
    with ape are you able to get all unit names? when i take out the english localization file for ape and put in the one for aum i dont get the names for the additional units with ape and vise versa for aum is there anyway to get both
    APE has in the 1.3 version new units included and therefore their names don't show up. In my next release AUM 1.9 I will inlcude a new "language" file for the new units of AUM/APE.

Alright good, do you know when that might be

Alright good, do you know when that might be
    The new AUM 1.9 release will be very soon and then both new unit names of AUM + APE will show up. Until then I suggest to use the APE "localization" file that the new unit names of L33 are showing up.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9 for DM + APE + IS + vanilla

Hello again to all AUM fans,

11. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9 has been released
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9" is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.9 / A Proper Empire 1.3 / Imperial Splendor 1.076 / vanilla 1.2 patch"
    - all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major Mod (DarthMod / A Proper Empire / Imperial Splendor / standalone = vanilla balanced stats)

- changed the naming of the AUM files that you can overwrite the older files if a new version is available and don't have to change it manually anymore

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" (English APE) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack" (German)

- introduced all unit names of "AUM" + "A Proper Empire" + "LEGO Unit Pack" + "Sharpe Unit Pack" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"
    This means that you can play now all AUM + APE + LEGO + SHARPE units together now.

But there is a limit how many units are shown in the recruitment queue. Please read this: "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***"

- changed several unit names in both language versions
    - the "Indian Mercenaries Infantry" are now for all major factions available in India
    - all mercenaries are now cheaper to recruit but have a higher upkeep as normal units
    - removed "fire_volley" and replaced it with "mass_fire"

- the "Pioneers" are now called "Engineers" in the English version which is historically more true
    > increased unit size in the large version from 200 to 250
    > unit size in the small version is still 140

- changed the behaviour of the "Fusiliers". They are now between "Line Infantry" and "Light Infantry"
    > they still have a sword and can do "rank_fire" + "square" + "guard mode"
    > they have new the "light_infantry_behaviour" and "wooden_stakes" abilities
    > but they don't have the "skirmish" function because the UI can only have five "abilities icons" at the same time
    > decreased unit size in the large version from 300 to 250
    > decreased unit size in the small version from 160 to 140

- added six new custom units:
    > "Spanish Tercio Pikemen - Spanische Tercio Pikeniere" - They are elite pikemen of Spain and armored with plate.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the "Spain" faction group in the "peninsula" region / recruitable at the four latest barracks / no required technology

> "Spanish Conquistadores - Spanische Konquistadoren" - They are plate armored cavalry who can shoot from horseback and dismount too.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the "Spain" faction group in the "peninsula" region / recruitable at the three latest barracks / required technology "military_army_carbines"

> "Sharpshooters - Scharfschützen" - They are elite snipers and can do sneak ambushes and move without beeing seen.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the special buildings of France, Prussia and Poland / required technology "military_army_machined_rifling"

> "Landwehr Militia - Landwehr Miliz" - They are an average fighting militia of the German factions
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the faction groups of "Prussia" and "Austria" in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the special building of Prussia / no required technology

> "African Infantry Guards - Afrikanische Infanterie Garde" - They are well-trained Guards which have higher morale and are more reliable than normal African Line Infantry
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in North Africa / recruitable at the four latest barracks / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

> "African Light Infantry Mercenaries - Afrikanische leichte Söldner Infanterie" - They are mercenary skirmishers and can use their environment to sneak but have low morale.
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in North Africa / recruitable at the four latest barracks / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

-added the following already included two artillery units to several factions:
    This two artillery units are buildable in the four latest artillery buildings = great arsenal, gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school
    - 12lbs Land Cannon Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_coastal" region. (custom battle = not available)
    - 12lbs Howitzer Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_inland" region. (custom battle = not available)

> HELLFELL made two new textures for my custom units "Don Cossacks Cavalry" and the "East European Infantry Mercenaries" which are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"
    > REMO made a new texture for my custom unit "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" which is included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"

The new textures of my four custom units are now included in the "aum_mod***.pack". (total 4)

> new included "Prussian Line Infantry" texture available from REMO in the fully optional "patch_aum_graphics.pack". (total 7)

As always I updated the first post with all new information, FAQ list and updated credits.

...have to leave work earlier today

Icon5 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9 for DM + APE + IS + vanilla

Hi! i am new to using mods but your's and darth's are great. Anyway I could not find anyone asking this. Is there a way to merge the names of the new units you made to the game without using your text file? My game is localised so I can chose between no names and no description of units or half of the game including voices localised and other half in english, pretty mess. I wish I could have just the new units description in english and the rest as it was. Is there a way to make it so?

Is it possible to change the melee weapon of the Marines into a bayonet? Unless I am mistaken, in this period only officers and the Black Watch carried swords in the British army at least.

really great work but I need some help because I just cant see how I can get the localisation file to show up the unit names as it ought to. I have downloaded it into data.

....on a ship as well?

not much room to swing a sword on a ship, easier to thrust with a bayonet! hence the royal marine's term : to take the bayonet to her majesty's enemies.