Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

If there one thing that makes the horned helmets that the Kartvelian Warriors plausible, you can see that not all of them are wearing it.

Also, things have gotten a quiet this week(maybe due to holy week?), are there new updates lately?

Note: Oh that's a nice punic town. At least the settlements won't look too similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    If there one thing that makes the horned helmets that the Kartvelian Warriors plausible, you can see that not all of them are wearing it.
    Each unit has a number of different faces, torsos, shields, weapons etc. One unit of the Kartvelians might show 5 horned helmets, another could show 50 - it gets a little random.

I'd still like to get a source for those.

Is there any hope for custom settlements working on Linux/MacOS?

Beautiful mod, BTW

I want Ariovistus Suebus and Trarco to know that someone out here someone really appreciates the work that has been put into Punic settlements. I have never really seen someone depict a Semitic style settlement in film or games with such dedication to accuracy and detail. I absolutely love the temples! With the two main gate pillars! The central hall! The side chambers! The decorative crenelations on everything! It's so good!

Keep up the good work guys! It's nice to see the urban culture of these people respected more than a generic "Eastern Settlement" for everyone who doesn't live in Europe.

I absolutely agree. The level of detail - and the sheer amount of added details - is beyond amazing.
    It's distracting to the point that I didn't pay any attention to the actual siege battle you played there. .

I am waiting for 2.3a to start several campaigns I haven't played in a while - SPQR and Qart'Hadashtim among them.
    Especially an SPQR campaign is - to me at least - no fun at all if you have to fight seemingly uniform opponents over and over again (which is why I was never able to finish a campaign with them in the original R:TW).
    To see the attention you gave Qart'Hadasht - to make them the unique faction they were back then - not only warms my QH-fanboy heart , it will also help me keeping the motivation to play Romans.
    (Or Areuakoi, too - another faction I have yet to play for more than 100 turns).

First campaign in 2.3a still has to be Hayasdan, though.
    I'm giggling in anticipation whenever I think about using the new government system - oh, and the gorgeous new regional units, of course.

tl;dr:
    Keep up the outstanding work, please.
    M2:TW may be a bit dated nowadays - but thanks to EB2 it's still all I need in terms of TW titles. (And seeing the quality you keep adding I seriously doubt that I'll ever even touch Empire or any of the games after it.)

SPQR fighting seemingly uniform opponents? Literally every single enemy around you is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    SPQR fighting seemingly uniform opponents? Literally every single enemy around you is vastly different.
    In EB they are different, yes.
    (I was talking about Vanilla R:TW. )

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

I don't think I've ever seen such a detailed punic city before. Great work!
    I wonder will there be some work done on arabian and "eastern" (armenian-iranian) settlement models to distinguish them further.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    I wonder will there be some work done on arabian and "eastern" (armenian-iranian) settlement models to distinguish them further.
    Sure, but firstly the "main" cultures (roman, greek, punic, eastern, egypt) have to be done.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The new Punic town looks so deliciously good and realistic now. Please, please, please make similar-looking models for the large town, city/large city, and huge city! Trarco and Ariovistus Suebus...do your magic once more! I'd probably cream my pants if I saw new models for the Western and Eastern Greek cities that were this good. You guys even added little rising smoke animations for the braziers of the palace/city hall. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by AriovistusSuebus View Post
    Sure, but firstly the "main" cultures (roman, greek, punic, eastern, egypt) have to be done.
    As far as I'm concerned your work is that of a golden god, the best thing to come out of Russia since the flight of Yuri Gagarin into outer space.

I'm going to rep every single post of yours that I see from now on. I don't even care if it's a crap post where you're just posting a meme. It's going to get repped, mark my words. Can somebody buy this guy a virtual Internet beer? A Nashe Pivo or something?

Civitate

So that means that the Ptolemaioi models will be different from other eastern greek ones? If so that's great news. I look forward to differing models in eastern faction and improvement of western greek and roman models. Anyway +rep
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    So that means that the Ptolemaioi models will be different from other eastern greek ones?
    Yes, with obelisks, Horos and Isis temples, Osiris and Ptah shrines, Anubis statues. I can't wait to model them.

Civitate

Great! I never expected that EB2 settlement models would get this detailed and differentiated by factions.

Yes, with obelisks, Horos and Isis temples, Osiris and Ptah shrines, Anubis statues. I can't wait to model them.
    Nice! Don't forget to make it look a bit Greek, though, considering the Hellenistic, multicultural city-states of Alexandria, Naukratis, and Ptolemais Hermiou within the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt. You should also try to throw in a small Greek temple, colonnade, and free-standing statue or two, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitiquinhus View Post
    Is there any hope for custom settlements working on Linux/MacOS?

Beautiful mod, BTW
    Yes, use Wine to play the game instead of the Linux port.

Seriously, people? I have to necro this thread?

Post something, ffs.

There are actually new units which could be previewed, but we're having trouble placing them on the map at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There are actually new units which could be previewed, but we're having trouble placing them on the map at the moment.
    Curiosity intensifies.

"Would you like to know more?"

Yes, yes goddamn it! I would like to know more, you condescending Starship Troopers announcer guy!

Seriously, I cannot wait to see what you guys have been cooking up for us. It's going to be delicious, no doubt.

No Roma, dammit...
    It's, it's too late. I already hear the theme music.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Might as well post it now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na_Zac23b5E

Is the mod dead ?