Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    During winter seasons the units will use those winter textures, they add extra clothing for cold conditions such as Bracae.
    Amazing, I starting to feel that the upcoming release of EB2 is waking up sleeping roman fanboy in me.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They're actually swordsmen, equivalent of Gallic Batoroi for the east - I was wrong in my earlier assumption. They don't frighten nearby infantry or anything, though, unlike the Gaisatoi.

For those units that already exist that are distinct, there are separate western/eastern pools. The eastern units being Boii Donno Eporedoi, Londo Epatoi, Kombarogoues, Garkokladoi and Uextias. It's clear everywhere you can recruit Celts.
    Thanks for the answer, I was already wondering about the pointy objects at their hips.

And my bad, seems I've made a mistake on that one (probably got confused about the options in the custom battle screen).

During winter seasons the units will use those winter textures, they add extra clothing for cold conditions such as Bracae.
    Sounds positively delightful!
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Proof to any good Greek that Romans are in fact barbarians. What with their trouser-wearing.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Proof to any good Greek that Romans are in fact barbarians. What with their trouser-wearing.
    Haha, well said.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Now I am curious: will the winter textures apply for all marian units or just to cohors reformata? Will something similar be there for other factions as well? I quess that for example Uextias would appreciate some warm winter clothes Btw, their shields looks really good.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Check out the Facebook album until the preview is ready with more pictures of the marian units:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1510415&type=3
    Amazing work! Also the winter textures are great idea!

I have a little question about Aquila standard for Republican Marian legions - If I remember correctly the Aquila standard was made from silver in this period. The golden Aquila was used during the Imperial period. Is there any new evidence for golden Aquila in Republican period?

Great point

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Now I am curious: will the winter textures apply for all marian units or just to cohors reformata? Will something similar be there for other factions as well? I quess that for example Uextias would appreciate some warm winter clothes Btw, their shields looks really good.
    For now just the Marian units(all). In the future I hope the the artists will make winter textures for all units.
    Of course they do, Gustave(aka the shield factory) made them.

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Amazing work! Also the winter textures are great idea!

I have a little question about Aquila standard for Republican Marian legions - If I remember correctly the Aquila standard was made from silver in this period. The golden Aquila was used during the Imperial period. Is there any new evidence for golden Aquila in Republican period?
    The historians told me that some may have been golden, so the reason I made all golden was because it can be reused for the future imperial units.
    As due to space reasons there's not enough space in the texture for both silver and gold.

The historians told me that some may have been golden, so the reason I made all golden was because it can be reused for the future imperial units.
    As due to space reasons there's not enough space in the texture for both silver and gold.
    Thanks for answer. I read somewhere that some were made from bronze uring the civil wars. Thanks for answer again.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

While this is a nice discussion i think you should open a thread about this armour discussion this is getting way OT here^^

For now just the Marian units(all). In the future I hope the the artists will make winter textures for all units.
    Of course they do, Gustave(aka the shield factory) made them.
    All units as in all units in game or just all romans? I'm really eager on reading the post about the marian reforms. Will there be something about the winter equipment in there too?

Can we take this tangent about armour elsewhere, please?

Can we take this tangent about armour elsewhere, please?
    Well it looks like moderators should step in.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

On a slightly more on-topic note: new units on the Twitter feed. Mekidraugai, which I suppose are Baltic (short?)swordsmen?

Credits to Trve Leveller and TheTank.

Spoiler for Pictures

EDIT: Google produced this useful thread among the first search results. Even if my guess is wrong, I think it still offers some interesting information.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; December 17, 2015 at 08:00 AM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

They look very cool!

As i haven't spotted any in the previews. Will some centurions have Phalera medals on them like in eb1?

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

New unit on twitter - Hyrcanian Hillmen - they use axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollodotos I Soter View Post
    New unit on twitter - Hyrcanian Hillmen - they use axes.
    Hyrcanian/Damascene

Thank you for all the interesting updates and new units in twitter! Loving the fact that there will be so much diversity in the next release!

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

I've played only 40 turns today on EBII 2.1 test copy and yet there was a lot of amazing battles. Had a nice immersion feeling too, my faction leader was leading a campaign against Macedon and Illyrian tribes for several years. He was 65 when he was about to attack Tylis, he gained a trait saying that he's too old to fight (-1 to hit points) and some other traits which decreased his movement points and other abilities. I moved him back to Pella where he returned to Athens by ship, for the first time in 8 years (I imagined) he saw his wife. He died peacefuly some turns later. Now his grandson fights against Epirus. Really love the story so far, make me wanna click the "next turn" button all the time