Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

oh so u cheat
    then its easy

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Sorry for the delay but my keyboard has some issues with half of its letter buttons that are important in model grouping and assignment and coding ingame.
    Tommorow i will see a technician to see if it can be fixed (i use Microsoft Comfort Curved 2000 v1.0 that is hard to find anymore. I tried with new style keybaords but their buttons make my life a nightmare. Please a bit more petience. Venice mini faction roster is on its way.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    with cheating

auto_win attacker
    auto_win defender

is your best shellcommand-friend
    Taking as example _tartaros_' cheating i have to say this. TGC uses autoresolve only for testing. It would be a sin to autoresolve in TGC battles that have many things to teach you (from formations, weapons, dressing to chaos in battles and unique animations and glorius textures).
    In my previus tests i had huge defeats and last minute victories. In the end no matter how a battle ends the feeling that you were part of it makes you feel full of emotions!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 02, 2018 at 09:45 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Cant wait!
    Can ikt be realy that special?

Yes. Yes it can.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

that´s true - battles feel realy good in TGC - but this can be strongly a confirmation bias by me

i´ve also done a new "finish off the paulican-rebellion" script for the ERE. the script forces the player to fight a historical battle of bathys ryax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bathys_Ryax) ingame - otherwise autoresolve will loose the battle. the battle itself is winable for a normal human player.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

TGC Team it is right, during testing, the beta tester has no time to spend in battles, he has to flow the campaign.

When I did the beta testing for Italian Wars, Basileia and others mods the thing the I was committed was to play until turn: 70, I used to reach 90/100 and my main task was to check if the scripts works,
    example events or in Anatolian principalities I test the Roman recruitment of Tagmas if you conquest 25 reagions you will get new units, so I did, mostly with auto_win in order to get at the result.

I also tested where every building works and gives the appropriate units, I remeber in same sub mod of Broken Crescent same units was substituted during the different tier of the building rosters.

Beta tester is not play campaigns it is all about to discover if all the units are in buildings, no crushes, scripts working fine, balanced campaign or historical accurances.
    a Tester "plays" 10 campaign or more with a faction, replicate all the times different scenarios and after report to the modders what had discover and his feeling on the mod and the faction used.

do not exist the word cheating, it all about testing mechanism and analisys

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    TGC Team it is right, during testing, the beta tester has no time to spend in battles, he has to flow the campaign.

When I did the beta testing for Italian Wars, Basileia and others mods the thing the I was committed was to play until turn: 70, I used to reach 90/100 and my main task was to check if the scripts works,
    example events or in Anatolian principalities I test the Roman recruitment of Tagmas if you conquest 25 reagions you will get new units, so I did, mostly with auto_win in order to get at the result.

I also tested where every building works and gives the appropriate units, I remeber in same sub mod of Broken Crescent same units was substituted during the different tier of the building rosters.

Beta tester is not play campaigns it is all about to discover if all the units are in buildings, no crushes, scripts working fine, balanced campaign or historical accurances.
    a Tester "plays" 10 campaign or more with a faction, replicate all the times different scenarios and after report to the modders what had discover and his feeling on the mod and the faction used.

do not exist the word cheating, it all about testing mechanism and analisys
    In our tests the testers will be forced to play hundreds of battles. The reason is simple. The recruitment system is so complicated that testers will need to locate missing textures, missing bannermen and officers, missing UI when the same unit is in its faction or a mercenary or an AOR unit or finally a rebel. TGC's rosters are relativly small (exept Islamic ones) but they have too many uses ingame.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Im playing DAC and its great but in battles the enemy just runs from u on a highspot and lets u kill him with arows while does mostly nothing if u are much stronger than him

Cant belive that u cant win battles in TGC if u dont rely know everything about your army
    U must have created something huge then.Maybe your AI got avare of it self

People u need to stop playing wit this dellete al TGC files before its to late!

some notes, i currrntly fix many soundfiles in TGC, which means every unit get its responds ("spearman", "infantry", "Bodyguard" a.s.o.) + i readded the generals speech at the beginning, which is connected to character trait feature was missing for many years in tgc and i always liked the little speeches befor the battle begins.

the descr_script files for the campaign reaches 50.000 line, as i implanted the last missing "prisoners of war" factions to the build.

tester need to hear the generals speech too to spot things like: "All hail for England" for a frankish General or "For all christendom" when a pagan rus generals talks with his soldiers. btw, pagans will get the native soundpatch from americas and horsefactions the mongolian soundpatch from crusades - but both aren´t added for now.

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    Im playing DAC and its great but in battles the enemy just runs from u on a highspot and lets u kill him with arows while does mostly nothing if u are much stronger than him

Cant belive that u cant win battles in TGC if u dont rely know everything about your army
    U must have created something huge then.Maybe your AI got avare of it self

People u need to stop playing wit this dellete al TGC files before its to late!
    Back in the early days of TGC Koultouras accepted a task . To create a unique Unit stats and skills feature. That includes diferent types of arrows (TGC uses 6 or 7 ones), diferent morale etc.
    Take a close look to these guys.
    Thanks to Koultouras' stats system and basicaly thanks to _tartaros_' efforts to implant XAI 4.1 and RealyBadBattleAIsystem, the same time...BELIEVE me these guys wont just run away from you!
    Also in many battles AI simply rallies its troops , gather them and counter attack you!
    Example: The Battle of the Five Armies!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 04, 2018 at 10:06 AM.

when is it planned to launch the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Begeta View Post
    when is it planned to launch the mod?
    Depends from my heatlth. I am the one that hold back the process while _tartaros_ continues extensive additions and tests. I hope that by early December we will proceed tp close beta.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Depends from my heatlth.

Hope it is nothing serious - get well soon!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Depends from my heatlth. I am the one that hold back the process while _tartaros_ continues extensive additions and tests. I hope that by early December we will proceed tp close beta.
    OMG! Also I hope it's nothing serious! Antonius we NEED YOU, understood? WE NEED YOU! OK?

What is already implemented?

i regularly update this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rogress-of-TGC

i currently update the accents in our build. i add the mongolian accent from the teutonic for all steppelike factions magyars, pechenegs, turcomans + add the "native" accent from americas campaign for the more/or less pagan factions kiev and moravia to distinguess them from the german accent for franks, hre.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; October 10, 2018 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    OMG! Also I hope it's nothing serious! Antonius we NEED YOU, understood? WE NEED YOU! OK?
    Sometimes thins are out of our hands. My mother is in early stages of Parkinson (i hope she will stabilise there)and me sufait for a serius arm/back injury plus still fighting with my depresion.
    When I gathered the 1st members of the TGC fellowship i gave them a promise that no matter what i wont stop working on TGC untill it will be released and released the way we agreed (as a totaly diferent and educational mod).
    But i feel my shoulders getting heavier every day...

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry to hear that, brother. Growing older, and the realities that we must face that go with it are rarely easy or fair. Our thoughts are with you.

hold on, we are with you

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I wish you well Anthonius, you and your work are one of the main reasons for which I'm still lurking around here on TWC. At my age I've fully understood that life is more hard, serious and tragic than you may think when you're a teen, fight on, my most beloved friend!

Side note: I think having spotted you on fb commenting one of Mr. Rava posts, so, I've sent you a friendship request ..