Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    In regards to the Vlach rebels idea - there are no contemporary mentions of Vlachs north of the Danube. The only mentions of Vlachs in general are from the last century of the mod's timeframe (the earliest mention of Vlachs being their assassination of David, Tsar Samuil's brother in the late 10th c.) and those were specifically Thessalian Vlachs. The only mentions of Transdanubian Vlachs fighting the Magyars come from the Gesta Hungarorum, which was written in the 13th century and which also mentions other anachronistic tribes in that area, like the Cumans (and there obviously weren't any Cumans fighting the Magyars in Transylvania during the Honfoglalas). So, if Vlach units are to be added, they should be added to the region of Megali Wallachia in Thessaly, as I've already mentioned before in the dev forum, Tony.
    As I said in my previous post, yes the waters are muddied by a chronic lack of sources all round. Yes, the literature is sparse. But there are some sources that we can work with to paint an approximate picture.

The Russian Chronicle of Kiev written around the 1110s also mentions the Vlachs north of the Danube fighting against the magyars.

I wouldn't just discount the Gesta Hungarorum just because it was written in 1200. Even as late as 2014 the French historian Edouard Sayous in his 'Histoire générale des Hongrois' does not dispute the chronology and events of the chronicle. The American historian Dennis Deletant agrees that some of the details are questionable but does not dispute the overall narrative.

Also, it is established that the ethnonym 'kun' referred to other Turkic people such as the Khazars and the Pechenegs which were present at the time in the area, including in Transilvania. It is generally accepted that the latin translation of Anonymus of the word 'cumani' refers to turkic (pechenegs, khazars, cumans). If we go by your theory, the byzantine chronicles are also wrong because they talk about scythians in the middle ages.

Anyway, I have no interest in engaging in a protracted discussion about the above interpretation. These are the sources that we have and each can interpret them as they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I regretfully announce that TGC moves to another mod hosting site soon. Stay tuned.
    What? Why? Come on, this would be a huge loss for the forum! Are you going to continue posting here too?!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post

What? Why? Come on, this would be a huge loss for the forum! Are you going to continue posting here too?!
    My friend for the last two years i face a "war" by spesific moderators and other TWC high ranked members trying to "silence" my voice in the debate threads.
    The old TWC is dead long time ago..I was too romantic to believe that something will change as the time passes but it gets worst and worst.
    I had TWC as my second home and both CBUR and TGC were -in my eyes- my contibutions to that home. But more and more TWC members make it clear that i do not longer belong to this "new" TWC.
    I am also member (older than TWC) of .org site and TWHellas as well. In those sites TGC will find its new home if the same situation continues.
    In my more than 10 years of posting i NEVER offended anyone else, neither mocked his/her beliefs or religion or political ideas or his/her race. I demand the same treatment for my self too. If i can not have it I must find some other place that i will be respected. IF/WHEN TGC will departure TWC we will leave a thread open inorder to nottify you our release.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

When Relased?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I regretfully announce that TGC moves to another mod hosting site soon. Stay tuned.
    Okay, byeeeeeee.
    Last edited by isa0005; August 15, 2018 at 04:12 PM.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    In regards to the Vlach rebels idea - there are no contemporary mentions of Vlachs north of the Danube. The only mentions of Vlachs in general are from the last century of the mod's timeframe (the earliest mention of Vlachs being their assassination of David, Tsar Samuil's brother in the late 10th c.) and those were specifically Thessalian Vlachs. The only mentions of Transdanubian Vlachs fighting the Magyars come from the Gesta Hungarorum, which was written in the 13th century and which also mentions other anachronistic tribes in that area, like the Cumans (and there obviously weren't any Cumans fighting the Magyars in Transylvania during the Honfoglalas). So, if Vlach units are to be added, they should be added to the region of Megali Wallachia in Thessaly, as I've already mentioned before in the dev forum, Tony.
    Albeit sparse, there are quite a few sources testifying to the presence of Vlachs north of the Danube from Hungarian, Russian, Roman, and Viking sources. For example, there is a runestone found in Sweden dating from the 11th century telling the story of a Viking merchant called Hróđfúss who was murdered by "Blakumen" in modern day Moldova.

It's fine man. I have no problem dusting off my TW Hellas account and brushing up on my Romeika Ta leme!
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

We already requested a Development forum also in TW.Org I am few moths older member there than in TWC. We expect their answer.
    In the meanwhile nothing stops. _Tartaros_ will send me the new data (0.9.1 ) to allow me add Venice and Pope's micro faction units with their officers, bannermen and captains, and add Rus strat_map settlement models.
    When we will reach our data in 0.9.9 we will release a public but closed beta version that will require atleast 15 testers.
    Each tester will start a campaign with a certain faction. His/her task is to test the campaign progress (events, mercenaries, AOR units, victory conditions), to locate missing files like UIs and others like missing textures etc.
    When that long test will end. We will gather all the needed material and we will release our TGC 1.0 beta version. Our official release will be TGC 1.0 Finall.
    Next will follow the 1st FLC the "Italian Conflict" that will start in 1000AD with Normans already in Italy and it will end up in 1097 with the 1st Crusade. That way TGC mod will include everything historical needed to conect the time before Vanilla game started. If everything goes well (God's willing) a 2nd FLC will follow as "The Conflict for Middle East" with Seljucks already established their 1st state and focused on Middle East.
    Both focused Campaigns are more or less part of the main mod's one but focussing on spesific areas we can inform our player the hstorical background that leaded to the 1st Crusade.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Will these FLCs contain a new map or the same map?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Glad to heat things are moving forward steadily! Thanks, guys. The FLCs sound great. It sounds like we're moving closer to my dream of playing as a Italo-Norman warlord I've been waiting for that since I first saw the Norman preview from 2008(ish). I'm sure it's still some time away, but its good to hear its on the horizon. Keep up the great work, guys. The TW community is salivating over this one-----and Tsardoms as well, Wallachian

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Glad to heat things are moving forward steadily! Thanks, guys. The FLCs sound great. It sounds like we're moving closer to my dream of playing as a Italo-Norman warlord I've been waiting for that since I first saw the Norman preview from 2008(ish). I'm sure it's still some time away, but its good to hear its on the horizon. Keep up the great work, guys. The TW community is salivating over this one-----and Tsardoms as well, Wallachian
    And you will have under control knights with lances with waving banners on them thanks to markhaselb new animations!

Sounds amazing! Would be awesome to see a little preview of this...but that's just me Great stuff, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Sounds amazing! Would be awesome to see a little preview of this...but that's just me Great stuff, guys.
    I did unistall the video programm but here are some pictures that show waving banners on lances.
    Stance position , lances down.

Marching:

Impact:

ALL HRE mounted knights have that animation. Few Ghulams will have it too. Normans were one of the early factions made by Mathaeus but just before thye public beta all lanced (nottice the word lanced) Norman knights will recieve that animation too.
    Also HRE, Italian militias have the new crossbow animation of markhaselb and while re-making Islamic factions that animation will be added to the new models. The difference with Banzai's one is that no longer spinning the weal of tunning the string but they pull us the string with their bare hands. Banzai's animation remained in the mod inorder for later addition of a kind of a arbalest version of crossbow.

The nearest crossbowman is ready to shot. The one on his left drags the bolt from its quiver and the next one (a bit furhter) places the bolt on the crossbow after he tunned the string.
    That is why i always say again and again that TGC must be played on the field. All our friends from the TGC Fellowship added a huge ammount of detail to make this mod as accurate and enjoyable as possible.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Great units, as always.
    As for your reasons for leaving, I'm sorry to see you go. You've made great contributions to the community, and I'm kinda sad we might not see those awesome Kommenian units. I make it a personal rule to not ever discuss politics on this forum (although I do have strong convictions on some things, this isn't somewhere I feel comfortable talking about that stuff) so it sucks you got drawn into that side of things here. If you do go to a non-english site, I'll try and follow you there but I can't read anything but english so I might not be able to contribute much comments-wise.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Exciting news on the progress! Keep up the good work!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great progress and I love the last updates

Also I think, that it will be great loss for the TWC to lose such MOD It will be great if you stay here.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Don't where you eat but I guess it's too late.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

We simply expand our horizons. Now TGC has an TW.org page as well. In fact i was 1st signed up as .org member and then by accident as TWC one following to links of an once ambitius mod named Medieval Total Realism Age of Ambition.
    Too pity that back then there were not so many modding tools that would allow that mod to become real. It would be an actuall Medieval Total War 3!
    For now we continue here as well.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

İ would like to be a beta tester for chandax.

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    İ would like to be a beta tester for chandax.
    Done.

We hope that a long waited Pecheneg preview with units original names and descriptions is very close. 2 chapters wait to be filled with info and we will release it.