Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Discussing solutions for future PotW Voting

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Discussing solutions for future PotW Voting

You are here to vote for the best picture, not for the best person .
    Asking to vote for one single picture/contestant is wrong. Of course you didn't force people, but you asked them to vote for this picture and well, they were glad to follow.

Why I was making a fuzz about this is:

People spend hours and hours of time to create really good pictures.
    And these hours of work deserve a fair contest. If the contest is NOT fair, for my part - I am getting offended.

Seriously, no picture ever gains 15 votes in less than 20 hours, without being advertised or only if it is a god damn masterpiece. As I said, we had a case like this 2 months before, so we knew how this worked.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Gentlemen please......Let cooler heads prevail. And this too shall pass.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

jimmy spong's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by mollsomg View Post
    You are here to vote for the best picture, not for the best person .
    Asking to vote for one single picture/contestant is wrong. Of course you didn't force people, but you asked them to vote for this picture and well, they were glad to follow.

Why I was making a fuzz about this is:

People spend hours and hours of time to create really good pictures.
    And these hours of work deserve a fair contest. If the contest is NOT fair, for my part - I am getting offended.

Seriously, no picture ever gains 15 votes in less than 20 hours, without being advertised or only if it is a god damn masterpiece. As I said, we had a case like this 2 months before, so we knew how this worked.
    what part of our ing bussines didnt u understand ?
    its not like we hijacked something , if i ask , not ask , but suggest to someone to vote for someone else because he is our good friend , what part of this is cheating ?

i dont understand how dont u feel shame ? and like vlad said u made circus here and pumped this up like some scandal around

and most of all , u put a shame on a guy that is great modder , great poster , great and friendly member , that contributed to so many mods and made things too all of us ? THIS is unfair

vlad asked us to vote , who are friends , and we accepted cause even if we liked other picture more , we would still vote tzar because he is our friend , even if vlad hadnt asked us , if we found out by ourselves , we would still vote - tzar

now please dont make us a frontpage headlines here , and if the next rule is U CANT SUPPORT UR FRIENDS then this forum sucks!

shame on all of u !

No people vote for best picture!.....and what?..maybe you think that I am forced 20 hours someone with a pistol to vote!...wtf...

No this is as happened with others!.....is not the first time!.....as a baby when you take lollipop!

And in the future when you win, I'll have the same right to create a revolution and cirkus as you are!

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

lol calm down.

Read closely through my comments and quotes again.

Read the PotW rules again and then leave it by that.

3)
    Advertising of the PotW and UESW contests is allowed, for example in signatures.
    However, anyone caught asking for votes in the PotW contest in any way will be banned from the contest for three months, at the discretion of the PotW manager.
    It is perfectly acceptable to advertise the PotW contest, but do not ask for votes for yourself or any other specific user or submission.
    It isn't too hard to understand, is it?

Listen guys, you start contradicting yourselves here.

The discussion was long finished and there is no point in continuing this.
    If you want to ignore what we were discussing about on 8 pages before you started posting here, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas View Post
    Gentlemen please......Let cooler heads prevail. And this too shall pass.
    not a friend ... not like this to end!
    Tzar has nothing to do with this, and he worthily that won!
    I have not forced anyone!
    if I need to be punish for this, ok shall be!......
    Tzar is worthily won!and I not care less someone is jealous!

dude its not finished when u say it

the rules are made after all the show u and other whiners made after they lost

the rules that say u cant support friends

tzar didnt ask for votes
    vlad asked us , from ex-yu community , to support our friend and he has right for that

if u dont understand a part of this sentence , ask and dont repeat same answers which dont answer any of our suggestions/comments

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

ermm...molls has won a few times already. He already has his medal.
    Leave him be, he is sticking to the rules.

To finish whit this!...feel free to let me penalties for ing lollipop!!....
    enough with shameful this cirkus!.....

he is not sticking to the rules , he is sticking to someones neck !

can nicely briefly to say what you want to say!
    and whether you want say that for you or for another none of your friends not voted?
    and that I am influenced to vote?....so that when I voted for you(UESW 37,and somewhere)...Why then did not make the problems?....and what if I was then invited to vote for you!
    and whether someone can be to understand that I can not affect voting!
    and I am not in force none!...do you understand!.......and please I dont want more quarrel!
    I did not know the ing rules that must not be called to vote!...I apologize to anyone!!!!...You can punish me!
    But next time and I will make a ing revolution!

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Secondly, he has all the right to be jealous! It's unfair.
    Although I agree completely with the rest of your post, i'd like to stress one thing. Mollsomg is complaining because he feels cheated. The feeling of being cheated isn't the feeling of jealously.

Why then did not make the problems?....and what if I was then invited to vote for you!
    Who by? If you were invited to vote by the picture's submitter, thats a PM advertising campaign and definetly against the rules. It's only unjust on the submitter if someone else is doing it without their knowledge, or does it regardless of what they say. One of those two seems to be the case here.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

what hapened whit server?......

Guys, please!!!!!!!!!!

No need, for new debate over this.

So please, lets stop this and let it be.
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy spong View Post
    and most of all , u put a shame on a guy that is great modder , great poster , great and friendly member
    1) Unlike you, as I see. I do still wait for the post where you wouldn't write the expression "".

2) You and Vlad said about 5 times in your last five posts that Tzar doesn't have anything to do with that. OK. Well, how comes that you think that anyone accused him of advertising. Show me a single quote of this thread were it's said. People only accuse Vlad of advertising, not Tzar himself. We respect Tzar, and most people like his submission. However, they don't like your advertising, Vlad!

3) I don't quite understand your way of debating.
    At first you say that you advertised for Tzars picture:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad IV Felix View Post
    second:I am invited to vote,but I did not force anyone to vote!

Then you became aware of the fact that this is against the rules. And now you accuse people of making these rules because they would be 'whiners after they lost'. People who have been active in this subforum for half a year or longer and who directly helped to shape this place:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy spong View Post
    the rules are made after all the show u and other whiners made after they lost

So, suddenly we are the bad boys because we invented these rules? Great!

4) So, mollsomg is jealous? First off, he didn't even have a submission in that PotW episode. Secondly, he has all the right to be jealous! It's unfair.
    Generally speaking: someone who is new here and do not have as many buddies should have the same chances to win the PotW as someone like Tzar, who has you voting for him!
    I could easily be jealous myself! I try to avoid any positive mention of my submission etc. (like many other people) and then I become aware that someone just mobilized his "friends" to vote for another submission - and he won.
    I really need to restrain myself not to become jealous. I think none can blame me for that!

5) I don't know why I even discuss with you. I'm really curious about your next answers... :hmmm:
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

@D|need- It's pointless. Molls is right, and the people arguing with us are just...well.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Closed. As the PoTW manager, I'll read through this thread and determine whether or not it should remain open.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789