Thread: Love.

Felixion's Avatar 'BULLIT'
    Citizen

Default Love.

This place is a fountain.

So many times I've pushed open the old and worn gate, and walked the long, muddy trail that leads to the riverside paradise that is twcenter.net. A fertile and lush oasis that is soaked every inch in the blood of it's founders and contemporaries down to its roots. A place where any mere man with a strong enough heart and will can cut, slash, bite and hack his way from the -stinking trenches of peasanthood to the glory of high office. A place where enemies plot and sulk behind eachother's backs, shifting silently between shadowy halls, holding secret meetings and exacting swift revenge. A place where power upheavals, rebellion, and revolution are strewn about its history. A place where I have, do, and will always come - sometimes vocally - and sometimes silently observing the beauty and brutality of who we all are.

In short, I love this place.

LOVE.

Thank you for all the people who have and do make it what it is. You give arrogant blowhards like me a place to belong. I love it here.
    "...you made a rather contemptible poll" -Moderator Denny Crane!
    "...this is way over the top" -Moderator Seleukos
    "I really don't want to know about your full erection and climactic nudity." -Moderator Zuwxiv
    "I regretfully inform you that you have been censured by the CdeC"
    -CdeC".
    ..as a citizen, you really should know better." - Moderator pannonian
    "...it was unnecessarily graphic." -Modetator Eric von Manstein

Default Re: Love.

Amen.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

Word.

Icon1 Re: Love.

-stinking trenches of peasanthood to the glory of high office
    Actually, I quite enjoyed those glorious newbie days, I don't think they were "stinky".
    First meeting with the great posts of Divuses like Siblesz. Letters from the front by Wilpuri.
    The first mod download.
    Creating the first noob threads like "Help me plz, CTD!!!" or "Help, ima stuck with my campaign!" threads (and getting quick and useful help).
    The first (and hopefully the last) infraction point.
    First PM.
    First rep point, which was awarded for a QandS thread questinoning the viability of rep points. (It was from Captain Aaargh, and the message said "See? Your penis just got bigger!")
    I loved those days.
    I'm still a noob in heart, and in fact as well, because I registered only 8 months ago.
    That's why helping out newbies is one of the greates feelings: you know what you give, because you remember what you received back then.

In short, I love this place.
    In short, me too.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; November 11, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

What you say is truth.

Yes... love... but I'd rather get my love from my villa in Dacia.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.