Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Installation Guide & Problem Thread

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Installation Guide & Problem Thread

i know but its okay i borrowed money from a friend and im gonna get a new keyboard sometime today so im quite happy now

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by anidem View Post
    i know but its okay i borrowed money from a friend and im gonna get a new keyboard sometime today so im quite happy now
    Well that's good news then!

i just got my new keyboard its a dynex i can finally play this mod

Hope you enjoy it!

I got as far as the loading screen and as soon as I was about to get to the main menu, it CTD'ed. I used Gigantus's unpacker and then patched to 3.1. I'm not sure where the problem occured since I can't locate any logs. I'm going to delete the whole folder and try it again from scratch. Before I do though, does anyone know what this may be due to?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    I got as far as the loading screen and as soon as I was about to get to the main menu, it CTD'ed. I used Gigantus's unpacker and then patched to 3.1. I'm not sure where the problem occured since I can't locate any logs. I'm going to delete the whole folder and try it again from scratch. Before I do though, does anyone know what this may be due to?
    It sounds like one of the installations was sent to the wrong folder. Usually when I'm modding and it ctds as you are going to the main menu it means you have and incorrect entry in your files that don't match a previous installation.

Try installing the mod only first before the patch.

BTW, i'll be uploading Patch 3.2 to the download thread soon (in 2 hours from now).

I managed to fix the problem, thanks for the help. On a side note, will 3.2 be save-game compatible?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    I managed to fix the problem, thanks for the help. On a side note, will 3.2 be save-game compatible?
    Yes more or less, see the Notes in the Installation. Ideally though a new campaign should be started!

EwenCameron's Avatar Semisalis

With the new Patch the coat of arms of ireland, norway and wales are missing. There is just this tower for the building section when you skip for the next round or nothing when you go into battle.

Ok sorry, seems like i edited too much. Reinstalled and everything is working fine again thehe. ^^"""""
    Last edited by EwenCameron; September 07, 2008 at 04:59 AM.

Developer of "The Kingdoms of the Isles" - 2D Artist, Traits & Ancillaries, Family Trees

Hi again. For some reason I can't enter battles because each time I try an error message comes up saying Medieval II has encountered an error and must close.

I deleted the geography files and of course my kingdomofthescots folder is unpacked. I don't mean to go off topic but I'm having this same battle problem with a few other mods as well. I only mention this because perhaps it's some kind of problem with my PC.

At first I thought it might be a graphics issue so I scaled everything down completely and it still crashes when I try to enter a battle. Thing is, due to computer reasons I had to uninstall Medieval II: Total War and Kingdoms, reinstalled both, unpacked and then reinstalled Kingdom of the Scots. However, I didn't have this battle issue the first time round.

Any ideas?

On a side note, I read about gigantus' "easy way to install Kots 3.0" but I'm hoping there's a solution to my problem that doesn't involve a complete reinstall.

Gigantus's installation tool should produce identical results to the method posted in the installation guide. His tool simply automates the unpacking and creation of the kindomofthescots folder and removes the geography files.

Is your main MTW2 game unpacked? If so delete the geography files in the MTW2/data folder as well. This may explain why other mods are also failing to load battles.

greenypeace's Avatar Laetus

Hello all
    I have just installed correctly as I think this mod. I use Vista OS. I tryed many ways and collide with problems like a and only with Gigantus's way I could install this mod. I like this mod more than original Britannia campaign bacause there are many new factions, new city's and new atmosphere. Thank you for new game

Greenpeace, either method requires you follow step 4 of the installation guide if your main game is still packed.

Extract the folders from the zip files (UI.zip and Text.zip found in the kingdomofthescots folder) and put these in your main MTW2/data folder.

This should solve your problem.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default No more fuss

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    Greenpeace, either method requires you follow step 4 of the installation guide if your main game is still packed.

Extract the folders from the zip files (UI.zip and Text.zip found in the kingdomofthescots folder) and put these in your main MTW2/data folder.

This should solve your problem.
    No more fuss, check here

The Bruce, before I have used Gigantus's way I followed all yours steps as in the 1 post of this thread. Maybe this problem with unpacked files of bitannia campaign. And even extract zip files to main M2:TW data folder the problem didn't disappear. I have russian version of M2:TW. After I installed this mod the run file on the desktop didn't run the game. When I tryed to run a game from desktop appeared an error : C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdomofthescots\medieval2.kingdomofthescots.bat
    This way doesn't exist.

Correct it and try again.

My game is based on the D local disk and game I installed on D. That's why I go to D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Kingdomofthescots and run a game from medieval2.kingdomofthescots packet file. How could it heppend? Thanks.

Patrician

Hi GreenPeace

Just to confirm you are saying that you have your MTW2 installation at this location?:

D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

Then when you installed this mod which automatically points to the C Drive, you changed it the installation location in the installer to your D Drive?:

D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdomofthescots

Do you have both your MTW II and Britannia Folder extracted?

regards
    BR

Hi The Border Reiver,

"Just to confirm you are saying that you have your MTW2 installation at this location?:

D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" - Yes, I am.

"Then when you installed this mod which automatically points to the C Drive, you changed it the installation location in the installer to your D Drive?:

D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdomofthescots" - Yes it is like that.

"Do you have both your MTW II and Britannia Folder extracted?" - No, I don't have extracted files of MTW II and Britannia folder's because I used Gigantus's tool which automatically extracted files of Britannia campaign.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Your short cut on the desktop will be pointing in the wrong direction. The easiest way would be to right click the medieval2.kingdomofthescots.bat file in the mods\kingdomofthescots folder and then choose 'send to desktop'.
    After that you can add the right icon by right clicking the short cut, choosing properties and then clicking on 'changing icon' Browse to the kingdomofthescots folder andclick on the icon file.

Hi Gigantus,

I've done it successfuly as you said. Thank you for reply.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service