Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Installation Guide & Problem Thread

Libertus

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Installation Guide & Problem Thread

Thank u Bruce
    Heres the error report:

13:50:35.624 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:50:35.640 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    13:50:35.640 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:50:35.640 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:50:35.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:50:35.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:50:35.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:50:35.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:50:38.328 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/descr_engine_skeleton.txt, at line 377, column 221
    AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/engine/Ram_V2_Idle.CAS'
    13:50:39.781 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

My OS: Athlon 3500+ / 2048 DDR-400 Dual-Channel / Asrock Dual Sata 2 / Radeon 1950 pro / external harddrive (samsung HD502IJ) / Windows XP Home SP 3
    Last edited by Floit; November 29, 2008 at 08:28 AM.

Cogito, ergo sum

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Bruce was right: data/animations/engine/Ram_V2_Idle.CAS is part of the unpacked britannia campaign. If it is missing that means that your unpacking was not right.
    You got to do it all over again. Make sure you are not running any other tasks - it is a long procedure and tasks the processor quite a bit.

Libertus

Icon9 Re: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Installation Guide & Problem Thread

Alright, i did it again, but unfortunately the error occured again... its still the same the Ram_V2_Idle.CAS' . @Gigantus: I used your unpacker btw.
    though it still doesnt work, thanks for the advise

Cogito, ergo sum

Floit, are you using the Gold edition? This might help...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyho View Post
    there is an unpacking issue with mtw 2 gold , which I had. but downloaded an unpacker only for kingdom expansion campaigns and worked great. I will search a link and repost here. Maybe it will work for you to.

Here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1968

Libertus

No i dont, however ill try a completely new installation...

Cogito, ergo sum

Muzz1497's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    Do autosaves work?
    No, I have no idea why cause I thought the event scroll stated that they would. And the autosave and my quicksave is at least 4 turns I believe after the Battle of Stirling event scroll appears. I'm still playing mackenzies. and I have xp.

Is there any information I can provide?
    War... war never changes.

All right, I've downloaded the mod and it looks neat, but where do I find that unpack_britannia.bat you speak of using. All I find in my Med2/tools/unpacker folder is the following: list_contents.bat, unpack_all.bat, unpacker.exe, and the readme file. I've unpacked the main Med2 dat directory, so the zip files aren't of any use, but the kingdoms files aren't unpacked, nor can I find a way to unpack them. Where can I get the appropriate tools?
    EDIT: Never mind, I found out. I think. . .
    Last edited by Theodotos I; December 01, 2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Son of PW

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz1497 View Post

Is there any information I can provide?

Post your log file (or the end of it). See my post above for instructions

It may also be useful if we could have your last working saved game from this campaign.
    Last edited by The Bruce; December 01, 2008 at 07:52 PM.

This is after I saved right before a battle cause I didn't want to fight it if it wasn't going to load any saves.

I tried to upload a save by attaching it but it gives me an upload error saying invalid file. am I doing it wrong?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19:53:35.312 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_holy_roman_empire.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.312 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_saxons.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.312 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_moors.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.312 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_barons_alliance.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.312 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_wales.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.328 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_ireland.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.328 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_norway.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.359 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.390 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.406 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    19:53:35.406 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    19:53:35.437 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.468 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/banners/symbols1.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.484 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/banners/symbols3.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:35.484 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/kingdomofthescots/data/banners/symbols9.tga.dds is missing
    19:53:36.156 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Blog Entries

You have to 'ZIP' your save before attaching it. Have a look at the accepted formats.

Thanks gigantus.

Well here is my save.

hey bruce i just thought id let you know that i got it working. all i did was use the gold unpacker, which i said i didnt know were it unpacked it to, so i copied all the files from brittania and pasted them in a new folder called kingdomofthescots. iy works fine now, thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by mckenzie clan View Post
    hey bruce i just thought id let you know that i got it working. all i did was use the gold unpacker, which i said i didnt know were it unpacked it to, so i copied all the files from brittania and pasted them in a new folder called kingdomofthescots. iy works fine now, thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz1497 View Post
    Well here is my save.
    We will have a look at this Muzz. I suspect a scripting error which is the Reivers department! He is very busy at the moment moving house so you may have to be patient.

Okay, no rush. I'll try a scotland or england campaign, or find another mod thread to annoy in the meantime.

I successfully d-loaded the mod. I get to the main scrren and then it closes saying an unspecified error has occurred or "Uh oh, no clue what happened, sorry pal" comes up.

Help?

Blog Entries

You did all the unpacking?

Charming Serpent, this sounds like an unpacking issue. Vista or XP? Are you using the Gold edition?

When reporting installation problems please specify your OS and whether or not your MTW2 files have been unpacked.

We need your error log to find the problem.

Open medieval2.kingdomofthescots.cfg in the kingdomofthescotsfolder (use notepad).

change:

[log]
    ## log potentially critical errors for debugging
    #to = logs/kingdomofthescots.log.txt
    #level = * error

to

[log]
    ## log potentially critical errors for debugging
    to = logs/kingdomofthescots.log.txt
    level = * error

save and run the game.

After the CTD go to MTW2\logs folder. Open kingdomofthescots.log.txt and post the contents here.
    Last edited by The Bruce; December 13, 2008 at 11:35 PM.

hey me again. i thought i'd justsay that my shortcut to kots is not working. it's only a minor inconvenience since i can go into the main folder and start it in there but still its pretty annoying. any one else having this problem or is it just me?

Just make a new shortcut from the KOTS bat file and place it on your desktop, or check the path from the one that is not working.

Libertus

downloaded the mod, everything works fine, and is great to play!
    except, when in battles my troops lack the green highlight when i select them, and also troop banners dont turn white when troops are routing.
    is this intentional?
    thanks