Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

I would definitely want to see a Bulgarian faction in the game. They played a major role in Eastern Europe and were the first successful Slavic Empire. KK, I will do loads of research for the faction if you consider adding them.

After doing a little research, the Bulgarian Empire was established twice first from 632 to 1018, and then was under the control of the Byzantines for a little bit, yet reemerging 1185 to 1422. That is over 200 years of prime MTW time.

The game would obviously be focusing on the Second Bulgarian Empire, but let it be known especially for Byzantine lovers out there

"Asparough's successor, Tervel helped the deposed Byzantine Emperor Justinian II to regain his throne in 705. In return he was given the area Zagore in northern Thrace which was the first expansion of the country to the south of the Balkan mountains. However, three years later Justinian tried to take it back by force but his army was defeated at Anchialus. In 716 Tervel signed a trade agreement with Byzantium. During the siege of Constantinople in 717-718 he sent 50,000 troops to help the besieged city. In the decisive battle the Bulgarians massacred around 30,000 Arabs[7] and Tervel was called The saviour of Europe by his contemporaries."

Ya I was surprised too.

Up to 1246 the Bulgarian Empire was the dominant force in the Balkans.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/PHILIP%7E1.PHI/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see Bulgaria played a major role in this region much more than any other faction.

Why would Bulgaria be a good faction to add?
    - Places a faction where there is a lot of free space, a region that has been traditionally under developed in the TW series.
    - Adds another Eastern Orthodox faction, which I think could do wonders for Russia and the Byzantines so that they can nab a quick ally and focus on their true enemies, the evil catholics and Muslims.
    - If more research is done bet you could find some really neat units that were unique to Bulgaria because their desire for independence from the Byzantines and Hungarians.

Possible coat of arms:

Hope you like this little presentation, I am willing to do a lot more research if I can help.

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

He makes a good argument...bulgaria looks quite cool
    But they are rather close to Constantinople - wouldnt it be really easy for them to instantly annihilate the byzantines? (the byzies seem to lose heart a bit if you take their capital...)

Bulgaria could start off with Sofia and something else and wouldn't be the powerhouse it was which actually follows the progression that the second Bulgarian empire took; at least for the early campaign.

Plus whose to say that the Byzies and Bulgs have to fight... just yet
    Last edited by l3asu; May 08, 2008 at 01:12 AM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

It wouldnt exist in the early campaign.

actually there were several rebellions that occurred in between the first and second empire, so for an early campaign Bulgaria could be one of the rebelling provinces and work from there.

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

he really is wright(I3asu),the bulgarians were the strongest faction of the Balcans,they even had an empire along with the valachians, i remember Dobrotici(a bulgarian leader)defeting the byzantines and killing the bizantine emperor,and then the bulagarian emperor Simeone I (years 893-927),he defeted the byzantines near Sofia and killed Nechifor Focas the byzantine emperor,the great historyans Cedrenos and Zonaras,Martin Stritter wrote about the bulagrians too(Memoriae Populorum,chapter 2 )as for their kings search for Ducange's books and manuscripts(Fam. Bulgar pages 305-318),and try serching for Edward GIbbon too because he also wrote about the bulgarians:hmmm:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Gibbon
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bulgaria
    Last edited by maxstill; May 08, 2008 at 03:37 AM.

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

I'd much prefer Serbia, as Raška during the early era, and possibly the late era (the Serbian Empire under Tsar Dusan emerged in 1346). They will add much more spice to the Balkans, Bulgaria seems too far to the east, where Hungary already represents quite well.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

another vote for buffing the Mongols.

as they are too easily rebuffed by the Khwarezmians at present. In my current campaign by turn 170 the last of the horde had been dispatched. (Joining Aragon, Portugal, OKT, Scotland and HRE in the great dustbin of history.)

And now for something completly different!

This is kinda subjective but..IMHO generals and family members of Novgorod look like mean, wrinkled, dried out old bats!

Everything is good on them and nicely textured, but their faces are just too terrible..wouldn't even put them for mongols(no offense)!

So my suggestion is, if they could maybe get different face textures? The general ones from custom battles would be ok!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago de Pola View Post
    And now for something completly different!

This is kinda subjective but..IMHO generals and family members of Novgorod look like mean, wrinkled, dried out old bats!

Everything is good on them and nicely textured, but their faces are just too terrible..wouldn't even put them for mongols(no offense)!

So my suggestion is, if they could maybe get different face textures? The general ones from custom battles would be ok!
    Look in the sub-mods section. Someone has reskinned them to make them look younger.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Look in the sub-mods section. Someone has reskinned them to make them look younger.(Novgorod generals)
    Yup..it's here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=163245

Thanx Caesar!

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

serbia was too little and puny,they were vassals to the bulgarians,and didn't stand a chance against them(themoob you are wrong)bulgaria was stronger and bigger in all the periods
    Last edited by maxstill; May 08, 2008 at 11:48 AM.

Ya you can definitely see in the map the comparison of the Serbian Kingdom and The Bulgarian Empire. It's like a 1/6th of the size. Plus it has much less importance in Balkans during that period in my opinion.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

minor point.

can english longbowmen be given war hats without points on top please. currently they look more like middle eastern units.

Laetus

Little thing about the battle AI. Every time the AI goes for the gate with a ram, the rest of the army gets in line right behind it and loose minium 5%, more if you have archers, of their forces before the gate falls. Also they seem to attack with very few ladders/towers sometimes. That makes for a 1000 vs 1000 battle at the gate.

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

I'm not disputing that Bulgaria was bigger (I'm not blind).

Serbia was a power in their own right, especially after they established themselves as an empire (which was short lived, but still).

Also, I was saying that Bulgaria is more or less represented by Hungary, Serbia would add flavour to the actual Balkans-Mediterrenean coast, which right now is just split between Hungary and Venice anyway, going by the late era map. It'd be nice to actually have a faction from such a disputed and conflicted area.

I think that there is too much rebel land in the middle east. I mean the whole Arabic Peninsula is practically rebel plus the land south of the Kwarezm Empire. I think at least one more fraction should be added in the peninsula or increase the amount of land that one (or more) of the middle easter fraction starts with.
    Member of S.I.N|Patronized by Boeing
    "You cannot convince a man who cannot convince himself that he might be wrong"-Finsternis
    “The great mass of people will more easily fall victim
    to a big lie than to a small one.”
    -Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf(1925)
    "
    There are two kinds of people who don't care about politics: the ones too dumb to care and the ones too smart to care" - Finsternis

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago de Pola View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the link to "someone"'s reskin..

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

Sorry for my Englisch

Is it Possible, and what do you like

When You Are Under Attack (Castle or City) There should be a way to send a Merchant to your Allies for help.
    But before you could get help (or not) you have to make a deal whit your Allies demands (money, land or Prinses)

There is now a Diplomat or a Prinsess who can deal and what do we use !!!
    mostly Trade rights, pay money, Allies and maybe somemore of it.
    Well, see and think for a moment..

On the Strategie Map you could see how big or strong the enemy is.
    So you can make a dicision to attack beceause you could see how many units it have and what kind of units it are.

When you leave these banners (flags) on the strategie Map, then it is more real playing in the game.
    And if you wanted to now how many units they have or what kind of units, you havw to send your spy (if luck)

Well i hope it is something to think about it.