Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Icon3 Does anyone know a mod with the Ottoman Empire?

Hi guys I am searching a mod with the ottoman empire. I already know this mods. Anatolian prince... cant spell it im from germany xD
    and Eras Conquest. It can be the main playable faction but its not that important. It can also be a minor faction.
    Thanks for all recommendations!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

I think these two have the Ottomans, Tsardoms doesn't have a full release yet as far as I know though.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-i-Mieczem-II)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...doms-Total-War

Moved into mod question thread.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Wars of Renaissance: Total War has good turkish units and earlier mod Broken Crescent.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    I think these two have the Ottomans, Tsardoms doesn't have a full release yet as far as I know though.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-i-Mieczem-II)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...doms-Total-War

Moved into mod question thread.
    Thanks

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

The Italian Wars features an Ottoman faction.

Default Most Historical/Authentic Mod?

I'm still looking around for more mods to play which will give me a grand authentic feel of the period. Somewhat similar to the equivalent of EB for RTW. The Vanilla version seems somewhat small or cartoony while as many of the mods are grander thanks to larger maps but they still retain the cartoony feeling in the units. For now I've played Stainless Steel, Third Age (Not Historical and I'm not looking for fantasy), and Falcons III mod (CTDs when playing vs China). Stainless Steel was fun but once I got to the renaissance I noticed many units were just wrong. What's the most authentic or historical mod for Medieval II but which is grander than regions mod like crescent or tsardoms? Or maybe I should use a good base and install some minimods that add authentic units if there are any? What's the closest thing to my ideal? Have any of you looked for the same thing, and if yes what did you find?

Default Best mod for 100 years war

I know there is a dedicated mod. But it's only for medieval 2 not kingdoms. And I'm unsure about if any downloads work and if the mod work on the latest versions of medieval 2.

So are there any others that might work?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

1648 - thirty years war in Germany
    Rise of three Kingdoms - civil war in China, during the 2nd and 3rd centuries

Default Which MOD would be right for me?

Hello guys and girls I'm new to this forum! I have ALWAYS loved the total war games especially Rome and Medieval, both of which I can still play on my very old fashion laptop

I was just after some advise on which MOD would be right for me. One thing I dislike about Medieval is the fact that alliances and general diplomacy count for nothing. I have in the past downloaded and played the mod "Lands to Conquer" and I love how the AI works and will come to your aid on war if your allies.

Basically the kind of mod I'm after is one with an intelligent AI that will challenge you in war, tactics on the map and will come to your aid in war if your allies. I would also like a new map, one that is a lot bigger and holds maybe more countries? Ive looked around and I like the sound of the "Grand Campaign" but I'm worried the AI wont be as intelligent as the "Lands to Conquer" mod...

Is there a mod out there that would suit me well or can I combine features of two different mods easily?

Kind regards,
    EZ

Default Re: Which MOD would be right for me?

If you look up in the sticky threads there is a mod recommendation thread there.

Thread moved into the mod recommendation thread.

I'd suggest Stainless Steel, it's at least harder than vanilla M2TW, has more factions and regions and looks better. Wether your allies actually come to aid you is doubtful but diplomacy is improved.

Default zxiang1983's Ghost Helmet fix

Hey guys,

Does anyone still have zxiang1983's fix?

Every single link on the internet regarding it is...dead.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

I want a late era mod 13th century which have America and the east . I cant find any

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Falcom Total War 3: The Total Conquest is set in the 16th century and includes world domination.

Somewhat similar to what you're looking for is Eras Total Conquest.

I couldn't find any others either.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E.
    I want a late era mod 13th century which have America and the east . I cant find any

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Ok thanks! . Eras is awesome but little outdated so I am willingly to start up my 13th century mod by collecting all relevant time frame to mix up a new mod that get back the game to life . I really see that coming
    It will be great .it will be hard .it will be ambitious

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    Ok thanks! . Eras is awesome but little outdated so I am willingly to start up my 13th century mod by collecting all relevant time frame to mix up a new mod that get back the game to life . I really see that coming
    It will be great .it will be hard .it will be ambitious
    Good, good! Nice hearing about new mod startups! These are the things every modder should know, and of course you will be spending a lot of time in the Mod Workshop.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

I will start at summer but first I need to gather a team and put plans

Laetus

Icon5 Help and 'old man' find & download a mod?

Hello,

I'm not terribly old. I'm 40. On the other hand, I have never used a mod before - ever. I don't play computer games much. I did, and do, enjoy Total War Medieval II and, recently, quite by accident, came across someone on Youtube playing a game that looked very similar but was INFINITELY richer and more interesting. I asked in the comments if someone would tell me the name of this marvelous game and where I could buy it. I was told it was a 'mod' for Medieval II called 'Stainless Steel 6.4' - I need your help to get this for myself.

Please tell me how to go about getting this 'mod' (I'm going to start using the word modification instead, being among the uninitiated as I am) Stainless Steel 6.4 for myself. PLEASE assume no knowledge on my part beyond a basic grasp of the English language. In other words, teach me how to get this modification from the first step to the last as if I were a child of 5. I do have the original game, so that's a start, I suppose.

I know none of you owe me anything, but I'd really appreciate your help in doing this. If you're ever in Baton Rouge, I can take you to a top notch shooting club of which I am a member and let you shoot all day using my firearms and my ammunition. But seriously, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Jeremy aka Panoply

Default Re: Medieval 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Stainless Steel can be downloaded here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-6-4-Released!
    It's not awfully hard, you download the 6.3 version first, depending on which site you choose you may have to download multiple parts. After you've downloaded all of them you run the executable named SS6.3.exe and it will take you through the installation.
    I think it automatically puts it in the right place but just in case, it's supposed to go in the "mods" folder of your Medieval 2 install. After 6.3 has finished installing I'd test it first by clicking the Stainless Steel shortcut that should have been created.
    If this gives you an error that says "cannot find Kingdoms.exe" you have to go to your Medieval II folder and find the medieval2 executable. Right click on it and copy/paste it into the folder. You should have 2 executables now, one of which is named medieval2 copy. Right click on it again and rename it to Kingdoms. If it doesn't give you that error when starting the mod then no action is needed, although it is needed if you want to get most other mods to work.

Once you've been able to succesfully start the mod you can pick a faction and start a campaign, I always do a short check to see whether it works. If it does you can either choose to continue playing or install the latest patch on top of it, which is patch 6.4. You can download it in the same thread as the 6.3 version, it is considerably smaller. Do the same thing as with the last one, run the executable (named SS6.4 this time) and make sure the right path is selected (Medieval II Total War/mods). Once it has finished you can enjoy the game at last.

I forgot to mention that Stainless Steel has a small setup program that runs after installation, here you can select the way the AI acts or some minor stuff like permanent arrows/watchtowers as well as an optional submod. There's three AI options, it's up to your preference which one to pick, the hardest one can be really tough. The permanent arrows can probably cause some performance issues for limited benefits, the permanent watchtower just puts some watchtowers in place from the start so you can observe your whole realm. Byg's submod makes things more complicated as well so I'd start without it, you can always change these things later if you want by running the setup again.

Hope this clarifies it enough but if you have any questions don't hesitate, there are plenty of people around to help here.

Thread moved to mod recommendations & questions thread.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Creating a World – Steam Install for SS6.3 and 6.4

Works just as well for the disk version.