Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

1. Are you using a mod set up, eg is your setup mod foldered? If not I suggest to use mine.
    2. Are you following this tutorial?
    3. Please explain how you did this: "Testing the MDB file gives me an entry of 651 causing the problem"

1. yes.
    2. no, I'm using Duke of Serbia's.
    3. I followed the suggestion at the top post here of changing the MDB registry from 701 (vanilla) to narrow down based on what was causing the crash, since it was giving a CTD on startup without any log entries.

What files are actually required? Given that I've already modded the vanilla factions, I'm reluctant to simply copy-paste the existing files in New_Faction. Do I need to reskin or can I simply reuse vanilla textures (e.g., for Milan) for Strat Map Agents, bodyguard in ModelsDB, faction banners, etc.?
    Last edited by Undead Martyr; November 30, 2022 at 08:48 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Simply go through my guide and have a look at what you have done so far. The download also provides templates, mainly for the expanded.txt entries - a missing line in that file usually leads to a crash when requested by the game.

I am not aware that the modDB file requires changes, the 701 number relates to the number of individual model entries in it - if you haven't added or removed an entry (editing an entry as described in my guide does not require a change) then changing that number is most likely going to lead to a crash.

ako môžem pridať erb do regiónu? Aby General získal titul daňového regiónu?

Hello. could someone help me? I'm playing an already existing mod that I've modified to my liking.. I am thinking of regions and factions.in the game there are permanent stone fortresses that can be built during the campaign. I tried to do them from the beginning of the campaign on the map, I do everything according to the instructions, but the fortress does not appear on the map.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789