Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

Wow, I feel old now! lol I ran the name verifier and fixed all the duplicate names etc, sometime ago. I will check each entry in the campaign_script manually to check that the names are all appropriate for each faction and sub-faction.

EDIT: There were several duplicate names I somehow missed, which I discovered using the name verifier tool.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; June 22, 2022 at 01:04 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Wow, I feel old now! lol I ran the name verifier and fixed all the duplicate names etc, sometime ago. I will check each entry in the campaign_script manually to check that the names are all appropriate for each faction and sub-faction.
    I believe squid's script checker does a name check factionwise, even for slave. Not sure if it checks for duplicate use.

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

Edit: NVM. The CTD was down to descr_strat being wrong on building ownership, as they still had Muslim buildings despite being pagan in game files. Sorry for inconveniences.
    Last edited by The Great Khan of Rome; June 01, 2022 at 01:28 AM.
    Creator of UNREAL, balance mod series that promises changes to everything Total War, and it's offshoots, MEGA for other games. Basically, I'm reject Radious.

Hi folks

I'm getting a straight ctd when i select play custom battle from the single player menu, anyone any thoughts?

This is my own mod i'm working at and everything else seems fine, the main campaign loads correctly and so far is playable. The last thing i've done is change some of the strat character models though i'm pretty confident that any corresponding battle map models i've assigned to them (ie. generals and captains) are correct and present in the models db file.

There's nothing in my log or an on screen error message when this happens, the game just kicks me back to my desk top when i click on the play 'custom battle' button... So no advancing to the custom battle screen to pick factions to play etc

UPDATE

Ok so i can play a 'quick battle' and my mod doesn't crash. And i can select a historical battle too though there's nothing there. I had fully expected selecting a quick battle to crash my mod as well but was pleasantly surprised!

I assume that quick battle just selects the factions and units at random? My mod is largely based off Broken Crescent 2.4 but i've added in the Teutonic Order as a playable faction and they've appeared in the quick battle mode a couple of times and tbh i thought they might have been the problem when i introduced the teuton captain and grand master as strat and battle map characters but the teutonic captain model is there on the battlefield so it at least can't be the issue.

Just as an aside, the quick battle sometimes generates a battlefield completely submerged underwater... Its quite humorous to see my soldiers flags and banners just breaking the surface! As soon as you start the battle though the enemy general fallen and own general killed buttons appear simultaneously and its game over with 100% casualties lol
    Last edited by vikingchild; July 20, 2022 at 11:22 AM.

Hi, i have a "encountered an unspecified error" every time when i try to load saved campaign
    logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/106P...ew?usp=sharing
    How to fix it?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vikingchild View Post
    Hi folks

I'm getting a straight ctd when i select play custom battle from the single player menu, anyone any thoughts?
    Create dummy folders for the data\world\maps\custom and data\world\maps\battle and place a dummy file in each of them. That will disable the battles based on the 'vanilla' stuff.
    Then create your own entries in data\custom_locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Pakul View Post
    Hi, i have a "encountered an unspecified error" every time when i try to load saved campaign
    logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/106P...ew?usp=sharing
    How to fix it?
    Did you change some mod files?

Gigantus; yeah I guess I should have mentioned I had modded the 29 factions on display into my game, I found out about the custom locations and thought that had done the trick... I can now select a custom battle, choose sides and troops, it loads up and I can deploy my army but it crashes as soon as I hit start battle... I've deleted all the battlefield pics and modified the custom_locations.txt and the only battlefield I'm left with now is the grassy plain but I'm still getting a ctd.

I've spent the last couple of days deleting in entirety one of the broken crescent factions (Yemen) in order to make room for my last own custom faction I want to create that will bring the total to 31. At the moment I'm only at 30 factions, and thats including the nonplayable rebels and the papal states.

I'm still having this annoying custom battle crash even though I've cut the playable faction list down to 22 in both the grand campaign and available to custom battles... What gives? Lol

More often than not a battle in the main campaign crashes too, just as I hit 'start battle'... So it loads OK and I can deploy troops. I haven't tested every single faction but I've put a rebel army of just one unit near to a playable factions capital and have an army attack it... So far it seems if I pit a similar strength unit against it starts OK but if I field 2 or more units against it crashes... Could be totally unrelated of course!

I'm getting to the point where I might have to start the whole mod from scratch again... :/