Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2044

Thread: What games are you currently playing?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: What games are you currently playing?

Playing Injustice 2 and having a blast with it. Story was pretty entertaining, way better than MK-X but again rushed at the end, like they always do.
    Still a lot of nice moments though. Poison Ivy steals every scene she is in.

They really did a great job with most characters, just not Superman and Wonderwoman but that carries over from the first game. They just don't make good villains I feel. And by now I am just tired of the whole batman vs superman thing. Better to focus on other far more interesting characters who feel a bit neglected at times.

Gameplay really improved too, the old characters tend to be much improved and the new ones are a lot of fun as well. Just a shame they wasted two slots on the Joker and Green Arrow, they could have brought back living characters instead who likely could have played more of a role in the story than these two.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

FIFA 17

I am starting a new career as the Milan AC manager. This time in higher difficulty.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Attila Total War for the first time.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Renowned Explorers International society. Brilliant Rogue game

In between some Cities Skylines with the new expansion, but it still has the same problem: it lacks any amount of challenge and gets really samey quickly. I can't play it for more than 20 minutes/ session

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Viking Conquest, modded.

And Far Cry 3 with Dziggy's last updated mod version.

Hesitent to start FC 4, which is ready installed to start (for many months already). Can somebody tell me, rather convince me somehow ... "you should try FC 4, it is worth your time" ?
    ... am looking to install then the Open World mod.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 09, 2017 at 12:18 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

If you liked FC3, you will like FC4. The story isnt as good, but the himalyan setting is excellently done, and troy baker plays a very good villain. The gameplay is largely the same, except for some optimization

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    If you liked FC3, you will like FC4. The story isnt as good, but the himalyan setting is excellently done, and troy baker plays a very good villain. The gameplay is largely the same, except for some optimization

Thanks for the advice. Nice track... is it ingame music? However, will give it a go, soon.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Its played in the final mission. But it gives a good vibe of how the whole game feels.

i've started on Dishonored 2. No technical issues in the slightest (although first time setup prefered 800*600 for some reason), but untill now it feels very samey, both story and gameplay. Luckily I bought it in a sale for €25ish

Patrician Artifex

Its played in the final mission. But it gives a good vibe of how the whole game feels.

snip
    Started FC4, with the Open World/Immersion mod. Find it so far all in all even a tad better than FC3. But still miss a mod like the one Dziggy did for FC3.
    However, graphics are significantly improved vs FC3. Perhaps i'll even buy Primal, next time on sale.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

i've started on Dishonored 2. No technical issues in the slightest (although first time setup prefered 800*600 for some reason), but untill now it feels very samey, both story and gameplay. Luckily I bought it in a sale for €25ish
    How far are you in Dishonored 2? It does some interesting stuff with level design, especially in two of the missions, but overall it's still the best game of last year in my opinion. "More of the same" is kind of a good thing when the original was as good as it was
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Descent 1 using the DX1 Rebirth mod. I first played Descent as it came with my then brand new 2 speed cd-rom drive. 23 years laters and it's still good to play much like Doom 2 still is though I like Decent better for the 6 degrees of movement. Just a shame I never got Descent 2 and both games have been pulled due to licensing issues with Interplay.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Commander: Thre Great War, Darkest Hour, Modern Warfare 3, Caesar 3, Panzer Corps
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    How far are you in Dishonored 2? It does some interesting stuff with level design, especially in two of the missions, but overall it's still the best game of last year in my opinion. "More of the same" is kind of a good thing when the original was as good as it was
    you're probably talking about the clockwork mansion? The level design is indeed excellent, but because im playing a no powers high chaos walkthrough, the clockwork soldiers are a nightmare to deal with. And at the end there was a long part where I couldn't save and died several times. It kinda defeats the purpose of "play as you wish"

It's ok, but I expected more of a sequel., especially at that pricetag. it doesn't feel a €60 game, and the story isnt interesting at all

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Viking Conquest, modded.

And Far Cry 3 with Dziggy's last updated mod version.

Hesitent to start FC 4, which is ready installed to start (for many months already). Can somebody tell me, rather convince me somehow ... "you should try FC 4, it is worth your time" ?
    ... am looking to install then the Open World mod.
    Quoting myself, lol.

Well, FC4 even with the above mentioned mod became quick very boring to me.

FC4 all in all -although graphics are amazing imo., and sound/music and especially the world-atmosphere is somehow very catching. I was close to give it up before i would ever go deeper into the game (ie. the more challenging northern map area and such). Just because of the ever replicating gameplay and even with a mod which makes the game a bit more challenging and difficulty setting on hardest possible, it becomes very tiresome when one has reached a certain skill-status, what happens quite fast.

Now there is this mod, which rescued FC4 for me ... for now (at least started anew with it, and as of yet, boredom is merely absent): Far Cry 4 Enhanced - Nightmare Mod ... a mod, which might even come close to what Dziggy did for FC3, or is even more challenging. Small but important example, only 2 health bars available of 6 in vanilla (and all other mods, which i know from FC3 and FC4 ... possibly thus the title "Nightmare"). The mod has imo. still two aspect-flaws, but i hope i can live with them: Still too much money although everything is much more expensive, due to increased enemy loot; and enemies viewable through structures). But else, splended work for the ones who look for a challenge. Well, last word, especially if money would be much more rare, the game would be getting actually challenging, strategically ... now, with this mod, the game is at least tactically pretty challenging, and the one and other change also increases slightly the strategical challenge vs vanilla (and former tried mods).

Just a note (or rather mod recommendation), for the ones, who are perhaps as well FC series latecomers like me and still wanna try FC4.

P.S. Well, i believe i won't ever become a real FPS fan, and thus probably will avoid further titles of this genre, unless somebody can recommend titles, which have a real changing gameplay concept.

EDIT

I'm done with FC4. In a negative sense.

Also the mentioned mod and the basically amazing beauty (graphics) and the fitting (as well as impressing) atmosphere&settting cannot keep me going with this game.

In my case it is not the missing challenge (cause with the above mod, it's definitely there), it is the absurd gameplay. Which are but set as features by the lead programmers/designers.

As following, and just for me the decisive bad-experience along "enough is enough, unbearable" : Finally have enough ... after i observed ca. 6 killed NPCs by car-driver-"accidants" (not by enemies) within ~ 6-8 minutes - what can happen at certain spots of the map pretty often.
    And partially those who are killed are NPCs which the player has rescured formerly (fe. Karma events). Besides that by the player just freed hostages get killed by animal attacks, which follow after you have just finished the mission to save their lives. Parallel, Sabal (one main character of the rebel leaders for whom the player "works"), speaks of "we must rescue the people of Kyriat, it's the main goal, every single one counts - it is what your father teached". A gameplay/storytelling couldn't be more absurd.

Then, FC3 in comparison is imo. another thing: It's a trash cult game, felt rather like a Tarantino film, just with emphasis on the "epitome of insanity", and you know as player from the getgo, it is just that. This is absent in FC4, and thus the gameplay is unbearable, after a while ... .
    This is, besides the utter animal slaughter (for the crafting), which of course is also part of FC3 (and already very annoying imo., but there you can (me at least) compensate this halfway with the else better game (while i only play/ed FC3 with Dziggy's mod).

All in all, FC4 is unfortunately a no-go gameplay conception, for me.
    Just my cents to this title.

I guess, i'll keep myself away from upcoming FC5. Unless i get the knowledge, that it is very different designed, esp. in the above mentioned "features".

P.S. Perhaps Primal is already different with these described "features"? There, i guess, at least the animal-slaughter for crafting makes sense (just the 10000 BC theme).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 22, 2017 at 04:03 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Sth. went wrong during log-in and posting, double post.
    Delete ( and pls. add deletion comment "as requested" or "double post" ... as local moderator, i see deletion comments )
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 22, 2017 at 03:55 PM.

Witcher 2. The weakest of the series. And Witcher 3 is everything I wanted from a RPG game.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grohl View Post
    Witcher 2. The weakest of the series. And Witcher 3 is everything I wanted from a RPG game.
    W3, very good (best possible) choice of all possible RPGs up to date, yes, agreed.

I liked but also W2 a lot. The adjective "weak" comes not to my mind for the title.
    It is imo. rather exemplary (in a positive sense), that the developer was able to improve their series from title to title.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I still have witches 3 laying around but just couldn't get into it. Too much of an info dump at the start that kind of turned me off. I should try again sometimes though.

I just don't like it when they toss too much stuff at me at once with special abilities and all that, feels like half of it should have been introduced a little later.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I still have witches 3 laying around but just couldn't get into it. Too much of an info dump at the start that kind of turned me off. I should try again sometimes though.

I just don't like it when they toss too much stuff at me at once with special abilities and all that, feels like half of it should have been introduced a little later.
    I can't hold back my recommendation to play first Witcher 1 and then 2 (if you haven't), and at last W3.
    This would take you into the Witcher pc-game world in the best possible manner.
    Fe. the mentioned info-stuff won't bother you then too much.

Since I got Mare Nostrum I've been playing EU4 pretty much every availiable moment I can. As I have now every expansion upto Mare Nostrum I also reverted back to patch 1.17.1 which is the last one before they introduced institution mechanic in 1.18 to see how that feels. Not as a reaction to the Institutions mechanic itself which I feel still needs abit more work on it, but in a sense of having a "complete game". Yeah it feels good over all as much as I like some of the improvements in later patchs. Been playing African and South East Asian factions to see the differrance not having institutions makes in this patch. Part of me would try 1.11.4 rather than just turning off Common Sense, Coassacks and Mare Nostrum. in time perhaps I will.