Page 97 of 103 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2044

Thread: What games are you currently playing?

Default Re: What games are you currently playing?

After finishing Master of Orion 2 games in every possible way (not that there are many...only 3), I finally started on Witcher III. It's already proving to be incredible time eater...

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well I just bought a second hand x-box at Dutch Comic con to replace the pretty broken one I had that very rarely works. Also bought two lord of the rings games along with it. (third age and return of the king) so I will be busy with those for a while.

And also replaying the xbox games I still have but couldnt play anymore for quite a while now. Gladius, Mortal Kombat Deception, Enclave, Conker's bad fur day.. Halo 1 and 2.

Keeping it short Diablo 3/ Reaper of Souls is certainly not going to replace Diablo 2/LOD in my games collection Not much long term play value here avoid. But I did have 50 hours of play time out of it though

Complete opposite with Crusader Kings 2 certainly an improvement over the first one.

Diablo 3 reaper of souls is pretty much my go to game for couch co-op. I see no reason to play that game on PC though, and I don't tend to play it much alone.
    Some classes are not much fun though. Monk and demon hunter arent that interesting and witch doctor seems completely out of place.

At least this year we will get the necromancer that should have been there instead of the witchdoctor in the first place though, so there's that.

It's ok for short bursts and i've only played it solo. Funnily enough My main character is the Demon hunter and i've only really tried the Monk, Sorceror and Witch Doctor. The Witch Doctor is a about as close as you are going to get to a Druid as their are both shamens. We're getting the necromancer back but I look at the content Path of Exile is getting...

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Shogun 2, For the first time, after 7 years. Dispite owniong it since launch.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    (third age and return of the king) .
    Great games, the only movie tie-ins worth a damn.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Replaying DA:Origins. I've played Inquisition and 2 so I decided to play Origins again to complete the playthrough of the series (in reverse order). I have to say the writing is not as good as I remember. Maybe I just thought it was good because it was one of the first relatively well written games I've played. It's the classic Bioware "you are the only one who can unite the Galaxy[insert setting here] and defeat the Ancient Evil" kind of game. Overall I'd rate the DA games 2 > Origins > Inquisition, both in terms of writing and combat.

... Well I don't think there are many who would put Dragon Age 2 above any other dragon age game. Or any other Bioware game for that matter.

While Dragon Age Origins is not their best work and to me the entire setting is not very interesting, it's still better than most what they did afterwards since this game was mostly developed before EA ruined Bioware and forced them to make nothing else but sequels.

Anyways, started playing Gladius once more today and am hooked yet again. I wanted to get into that one first now that I have a working xbox again before getting into my new games I haven't played yet. Have not been able to miss them after all because I never played them before.
    It's still one of the most unique games around and due to that its the very best at what it does because no other game is doing that. It's always frustrating to me when I want more of a certain kind of game and there's nothing else available.

Such a shame it never got the sequel that was hinted at, due to poor sales. (yet good reviews) I would have been happy with a pc release too so that at least this one game we got could be modded.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    ... Well I don't think there are many who would put Dragon Age 2 above any other dragon age game. Or any other Bioware game for that matter.

While Dragon Age Origins is not their best work and to me the entire setting is not very interesting, it's still better than most what they did afterwards since this game was mostly developed before EA ruined Bioware and forced them to make nothing else but sequels.
    It's definitely an unpopular opinion. I almost didn't play it after the mixed reviews and outrage by the fans, but I ended up loving it. The combat is fun, the companions feel like real people, and the story is not the classic "hero unites the world and saves it from evil" that has been done a thousand times.

The setting is rather boring in Origins, but the ending of Inquisition is very promising. The whole Mythal/Dread Wolf thing has a lot of potential imo.

They lost me when playing the dragon age 2 demo. The combat was just too rediculous that it killed the immersion for me. I gave inquisition a try since people seemed more positive about it but again the melee combat looks like whoever made those animations knows nothing about how people move and never held a blade in their life.
    Pointless horses which cause companions to disappear when you use them further helped to kill the immersion for me.

Combat truly does not have to be completely realistic, it's fine to take liberties to make it look more interesting. And how much I can accept of that also goes hand in hand with how serious the tone of the game is. But this looks pretty much as bad as dynasty warriors its combat animations, but without the joy of mowing down hundreds of people which is oddly satisfying. And those games also have a far lighter tone that matches the combat.

Dragon Age Origins did have better combat animations I feel. It had the right balance. Some flair but it looked like a way people could be fighting.

Neverwinter Nights probably still had better combat animations though, and thats a very old game. It showed dodging and parrying in combat, and also had horses + mounted combat patched into it for free.
    Which just makes the lack of mounted combat so unacceptable in DA Inquisition. Just don't bother putting horses in at all then.

Combat animations don't matter to me in party based games. All that matters to me is a good mix between tactics and pace, which is why I prefer DA2. Origins is the most tactical, but the pace of 2 makes it more fun to play. Inquisition fails at both.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Playing currently CK2 again, since the M&M dlc release. With mixed feelings about the M&M content (ie. disabled Devil Worshippers and supra-natural contents). And modding the game again.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I do like the use of religious cults/secret religions with the secret societies mechanic that came with the free patch of MM. That alone is worth it for me.
    MM has got loads of modding potential though and Paradox are going to patch it so it's more balanced especially re satanists. I'm not interested in it otherwise .

The CK2 to EU4 converter and some more portrait packs or more my priority. Yeah suprised myself about the portrait packs as I only just got the West African and Mongol faces for essential variety.

Finished my first run through as Ghana from 1066 to 1453 just waiting for Summer sale so I can import into EU4.

All in all another time period I don't have to use a TW title now. Only negatives is no late period gun powder and naval combat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Playing currently CK2 again, since the M&M dlc release. With mixed feelings about the M&M content (ie. disabled Devil Worshippers and supra-natural contents). And modding the game again.
    Me too, no really interesting games at the moment so I might jump back into CK2 a bit.

3 mods have piqued my interest:

- After the End, a fictional mod playing in a postapocaliptic North America, with many cultural references
    - Geheimnisnacht: I am really not into Warhammer, don't know jack about the universe, but this looks like a must play
    - and there's also this fine tool called CK2 generator, which can generate entirely new maps, and simulate them with new political/cultural/religious history.

About the new dlc: at this point, Paradox seems to put out dlc's just for the sake of it (in terms of CK2, that doesn't count for Stellaris etc). In the last 2 years or so, CKII dlc's have had mostly shoddy quality, few content and/or ridiculous unhistorical stuff. From what I've read, only satansim has substantial content, the rest is just barebones. And cannibalism etc has really crossed the silly line for me. I mean I love that stuff, incest marriage, castration etc was "fun" and could be justified, but now their taking it too far with that stuff imo.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; April 01, 2017 at 05:29 AM.

Just played through Mortal Kombat Deception again. While the voice acting of konquest mode is terrible, I do think it has potential. Might be nice to see Netherrealm studios combine such an open world mode with their improved writing and voice acting.

It does add more to do to the game. Also, I really like the chess combat mode. Never cared for puzzle or racing minigames, but the chess game works well.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Me too, no really interesting games at the moment so I might jump back into CK2 a bit.

3 mods have piqued my interest:

- After the End, a fictional mod playing in a postapocaliptic North America, with many cultural references
    - Geheimnisnacht: I am really not into Warhammer, don't know jack about the universe, but this looks like a must play
    - and there's also this fine tool called CK2 generator, which can generate entirely new maps, and simulate them with new political/cultural/religious history.

About the new dlc: at this point, Paradox seems to put out dlc's just for the sake of it (in terms of CK2, that doesn't count for Stellaris etc). In the last 2 years or so, CKII dlc's have had mostly shoddy quality, few content and/or ridiculous unhistorical stuff. From what I've read, only satansim has substantial content, the rest is just barebones. And cannibalism etc has really crossed the silly line for me. I mean I love that stuff, incest marriage, castration etc was "fun" and could be justified, but now their taking it too far with that stuff imo.
    I'm playing Alfred the Great ff. times, modded a lot for the Viking Age and historical outcome along the Great Heathen Army etc. (one of my favourite british history periods, did already a TW submod about it, and just loving reader of Cornwell's novels).

Else, i'm using Steam mod stuff which plays not into the gameplay, but graphics (CoA, units) and texts (Deutschkorrektur).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

These days I have played a lot World of Warships, Battlefield 1, Fallout Shelter and Mass Effect Andromeda.

I wanted to play Stellaris. On Tuesday, one year anniversary of the game, they released a big "roundup" patch - an update dedicated to bugfixing and some quality of life improvements after their Utopia dlc last month. Turns out this bugfixing patch is a total mess - with things like AI not declaring war anymore and other more or less gamebreaking stuff. Classic Paradox. Now I'm left here to test a few mods before the game gets the badly needed hotfixes and enjoying the backlash in their official forums.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; May 11, 2017 at 02:16 AM.

Rome 2