Page 55 of 199 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3966

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hey, guys. Didn't get an answer last time, so I'll ask again. I'm looking for suggestions on skins/models/sounds/UI. I've already started a vanilla game and would like to play through once before using any full conversion mods, but I wouldn't mind sprucing it up a bit.

Also, if I were to install a mod now, which folder structure do I make a copy of so I can play vanilla/mods at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    Hmm, I'm not exactly what you mean by "game mechanics" but basically the aim of most mods are to "beef up" those main features. So probably just some of the most popular mods should be good for you, like Roma Surrectum, Europa Barbarorum, Rome Total Realism... And Scutarii will most definitely say XGM.
    It was answered.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

In answer to the second part of your question, it will depend on what mod you get. Some of them are mod-foldered, which means their come in their own seperate folder, and therefore, you can play both the mod and RTW without copying any files. Others though, rewrite the actual game files, so you will need to make a copy of your whole RTW folder to be able to play Vanilla and the mod.

Does anyone know where one can get a mod that lets Pontus train Heavy Spearmen and/or lets Numidians create Carthaginian units like War Elephants and Iberian Infantry?
    "How can soldiers fight for such a creature?"
    -Eastern messenger guy

Hmm. Not really. I've never heard of anything like that. But I think the only thing you need to do is change the files to allow those factions to recruit those specific units.
    This is easily done, though I don't know how myself, not specifically. I'd recommend you to ask this in the Mod Workshop, it's the specific place to do it.
    Lots of people can help you there.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Fredericus Iulius's Avatar Foederatus

I was considering installing one mod between Arthurian and Viking Invasion II.

What do you recommend? Does one of them need a better pc to work?

thanks

I doubt that either needs a better pc. The only mod I know that is really heavy is EB, and that is due to the massive scripting they use. I haven't played either Arthurian or VI 2, but try them, and if they don't work uninstall them. That's the easiest approach I can think off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredericus Iulius View Post
    I was considering installing one mod between Arthurian and Viking Invasion II.

What do you recommend? Does one of them need a better pc to work?

thanks
    VI2 is amazing

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

May i suggest to get aware of Chivalry I Total War, a very unique RTW mod, and a real total conversion
    .. shameless self-promotion, yes

It's one of the oldest mod projects for RTW, and is one of the few very stable mods, normally free of ctd's.

Go here: ChivTW subforum

And, for the ones who don't know it: As the most major mods are in a modfolder contained, you can have installed them in one vanilla RTW directory.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 18, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: JUST want one thing in a mod!

It cannot be done, and that's why IMHO the player formations are rather impractical ... Most players would just use the single-line and nothing else.

Instead of having those complex formations, I modded my own mod to have very simple ones for grouping units: such as single/double line, single/double column (useful in street battles), and hollowed line etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    VI2 is amazing
    I second that the nostalgia of MTW:VI brought into the RTW engine.

"I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."- Andrew Jackson

Might have to check it out then. VI was my favourite of the older games.

Fredericus Iulius's Avatar Foederatus

May i suggest to get aware of Chivalry I Total War
    Of course you may. It' definitely gonna be downloaded after VI2, which is allready on my laptop.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I was looking for a ROME TOTALWAR MOD that spans the seventh century ,the defeat of persia ,the rise of Islam ,the Arab conquests ,LOMBARD ITALY,etc.does anyone know of such a MOD existing or being created ?? (or even someone with enough talent might even think about creating one )

How about Rise of Persia, Troy Total War? Or Megas Alexandros.

SORRY Sassanid Persia ,thank you tho .

Well, those are the only ones we have on TWC about the pre-roman time. You could check the downloads section, there might be something there. Other than that, check the .org section, they might have something.

Primicerius

I'd say Invasio Barbarorum is the closest you can get. It has an Arabian faction in it, so you can go head to head with the Sassanids if you want. But its earlier than you want and is more about the fall of Rome...

yeah thanks it was playing INVASIO BARBARORUM that made look for the next stage in history before CHIVALRY TOTALWAR,I v built the Roman empire with Europa barbarorum, fought the barbarian hordes in the 5th and 6th centurys.

IT a great time period i think the eastern Roman empire is almost destroyed by the sassanids and slavs ,mounts a spectacular come back that results in the defeat of persia ,only to be almost to be destroyed by an unexpected foe from Arabia brilliant stuff