Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Previews

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots - Version 3.0 Battle Preview

Looks completely freaking amazing, even more so since Scotland is one of the coolest factions in the game, deffinately the coolest western faction.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Looks amazing lads! I lived in Stirling for a year, well done with the map, I can almost imagine just zooming in onto where the high street is!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I like the scenario very much ... keep it up
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Madcap...sorry to see you never got any further due to your ctd issue...we are still a while from having Version 3.0 available, at least a few weeks (probably 3 for beta testers to volunteer)!
    No problem Border. I know what high-quality gaming I'm waiting for! Taketh your time.

That's very nice...great stuff. Thanks for those screenshots.

Who does your re-texturing?
    Last edited by SSJPabs; December 18, 2007 at 01:20 AM.

This looks so awesome. I just had to let you know how great this looks!

I played version 2 but could not get the english to attack over the bridge and the reinforcements never worked for me. But now it seems that the english will initiate the battle and cross the bridge now which is much more accurate.

I can't beleive that you guys have got proper historic battles (e.g. with customised battlefields) into campaigns - is it only possible with kingdoms?

How many will there be and how will they be made to fit in with a campaign if circumstances change as the campaign develops between the battles?

This adds a whole new dimension to the game. I hope it all works out. Good Luck

And the skins look great too (I hate the normal ones!)
    Last edited by MacBastard; December 18, 2007 at 03:55 AM.

Using custom tiles in campaign games has been discussed before at the org and probably elsewhere. It is possible to implement them without kingdoms.

The number and location of the custom tiles to feature in the next version is still under discussion. They will include historic battle sites and places of strategic importance.

Scripting allows armies to be spawned, moved and /or engaged so they fight on a customised tile providing they are not hindered from doing so.

Historic battles that occur early in the campaign can be scripted but as the campaign progresses it becomes harder to ensure that these occur in a logical context given the potential state of any individual campaign. A historic battle only makes sense if the preceding history has not been completely re-written.

However battles on these custom tiles can be encouraged, if not guaranteed, through scripting and are more likely to happen anyway if the locations are of strategic importance (i.e.chokepoints and tiles adjacent to settlements etc.)

Many other features aside from custom battlemaps will be introduced in version 3.0

@SSJPabs - So far, the skins have been done by myself.
    Last edited by The Bruce; December 18, 2007 at 05:40 AM.

Looks nice especially that you enhanced the terrain. looks impressive.

Q.

I can't wait.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

why don't you add the battles in historical battles ?

i think everyone should like to play it any time..

instead of have to reach turn X or Y to play them...
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

wow!
    Great job! Respect..!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thanks everyone for posting in this thread it's been great to get some feedback, eveb if people are just dropping into say hi.

Swagger, I have changed the menu to enable historical battles and will look to include them at some stage! Although I don't play them, a lot of people do! And I must admit The Battle of Stirling, Bannockburn, Largs and Harlaw would be great to play!

Maybe Culloden...once Empire is released!

This is really cool. Nice battle!
    I am really looking forward to this mod, because one of my ancestor was from the Island of Skye and he was a member of the MacLeod clan! He came to Norway and lived there. Don't remember his name though, but he is in a book I have.

lol

i have family in norway

i had an ancestor that lived in norway in begguining of the 14 century

his name was bjorn bjornosson...

i guess he got his name from his father
    bjornsson

OR SON OF BJORN
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Suppeelsker View Post
    This is really cool. Nice battle!
    I am really looking forward to this mod, because one of my ancestor was from the Island of Skye and he was a member of the MacLeod clan! He came to Norway and lived there. Don't remember his name though, but he is in a book I have.
    Suppeelsker....hopefully we will have this ready for you soon!

danova......thanks mate, your mod looks great as well, especially some of those skins!

Carefulorc......you and I both....I would like to play my mod sooner or later!

Quinctius Cincinnatus...I'd like to take credit for this but it is the Bruce, who is responsible for the brilliant Large Map and custom Tiles

Great looking Mod you have here. This Irish Pagan gives you out of a possible
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

well done BR, you exceed my expectations of the Britannia campaign. I thoroughly enjoy 2.2 so much that DotS is suffering less of my time...
    keep up the excellent work!

Patrician

Celtic Pagan...I appreciate your 5 thumbs up...I might see if I can sneak some Fir Bolg or Tuatha Danaan units into my game

Sounds like killing.....thanks for saying so. Version 3.0 will feel different to 2.2, but hopefully an improvement....now get back to work on DOTS

i hope soo

for your personal health, i really hope soo...

why don't you make a completle list of changes, improvements, new things that will be in version 0.3...

they are all spread around the forum...

gather them..please

PS: WHAT MEANS DOTS ??

DINGDOM OF THE SCOTS ?? :hmmm:
    Last edited by Swagger; December 23, 2007 at 07:49 AM.