Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports: PLEASE READ POST #1!

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports

M/M.

Another glitch:

I was attacked by some rebels. They had dismounted mail knights. OK, thats OK. However, I looked at them, and suddenly, I realized a terrible secret.

They were shadow knights.

Not shadow as in "dark" or "scary looking", by shadow I mean literally a shadow. I saw no unit except a floating banner and their shadows.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

1) Yeah, the rebels eventualy stop sending armies. But I have never seen that they lift the siege for no reason.

2) Horses without riders or horses with riders without skin? I guess the latter.

3) There are some rebel units without rebel skin. It seems dismounted mailed knights are one of them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

No actually, horses without riders.

Yeah. They besieged for between 1-3 turns then left.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Muzz1497's Avatar Libertus

I also attack rebels that had a general's body guard with no men on the horse. I believe it only happened twice and hasn't happened in awhile. I also can't remember where it happen but both times were pretty early in a campaign.

Ok, I'll add that to our mod's features: 'Fight fierce horses in the field. That is truly Total War!'

No serious, I'll look to it. If you could tell me what unit the horses were supposed to be, it would make my task easier.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    No actually, horses without riders.

Yeah. They besieged for between 1-3 turns then left.
    I can not confirm that. Maybe you have been under siege by a rebel army the AI sent against you, but the scripted rebel armies siege until you or they are destroyed - they never leave a siege. At least not on VH campaign difficulty.

I have seen a general unit where the riders have no skins, but never horses without riders. Could someone send me a screenshot of the 'Horse-only' unit?

Here is a pic of what I saw:

=Horse with rider, but rider skin is missing.

EDIT 2:

I have fixed the bug The Fuzz discovered. I'm working on a proper patch right now (with installer, including all fixes and adding some new contents).
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; November 19, 2007 at 07:34 AM.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    I have fixed the bug The Fuzz discovered. I'm working on a proper patch right now (with installer, including all fixes and adding some new contents).
    Thanks for working so fast!

And I thank you for the feedback!
    Without your contributions we would not be able to find bugs that fast.

I'm quite sure there are more rebel skins missing than just the SE bodyguard and Dismounted Mailed Knights. Please tell us whenever you notice missing skins!

Visit my homepage.

Playing for Kingdom of Bohemia 1094 CTD

Could you provide more detailed information, please? When exactly did the CTD happen?

Visit my homepage.

As the duchy of saxony, the characters speak with an english accent and the son of the elector counts age suggests that his father was 12 and his mother was 6 when he was born.

Hello trettonkilolax!

I could not regenerate the sound files yet, that's why all added factions have random accents (the Obotrites have the islamic one, for example).

Lothar has been adopted, that's why the ages don't match.

Thanks for the feedback!

Visit my homepage.

Hey! I have a problem with my version running. I downloaded the file and did a clean install to my games folder, which is on a seperate partition (E than C:. Yet, even after a restart and the applied patch, whenever I go to run the game, it pops up with the first splash screen and says Medieval II has run into an error and must close. I have Kingdoms and the latest updates, am I not supposed to? I've tried tons of troubleshooting, but I can't seem to get around this. Any help would be appreciated!

Campidoctor

Great mod

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFreeze View Post
    Hey! I have a problem with my version running. I downloaded the file and did a clean install to my games folder, which is on a seperate partition (E than C:. Yet, even after a restart and the applied patch, whenever I go to run the game, it pops up with the first splash screen and says Medieval II has run into an error and must close. I have Kingdoms and the latest updates, am I not supposed to? I've tried tons of troubleshooting, but I can't seem to get around this. Any help would be appreciated!
    Strange.

HRR should run on a clean install of Kindoms with no problems.
    Do you have a none-english version?

What's your folder structure like? After the installation there should be a folder \mods\HRR in your Medieval II root directory, otherwise you did not choose the correct installation path.

Anyone else has this problem?

@Tobolight: thanks!

Visit my homepage.

The mod folder was there and the HRR folder was as well. I deleted it after uninstalling, even. No matter what times I try, it doesn't work. I have the english version, btw.

Could you give a detailed explanation of how you installed the mod?

I have had an income problem at one time playing as Swabians, the income said i was to gain 200 to have roughly 400, but down below i was -70 and dropping per turn. once i got a more positive income thin its like its just off by 300.

2nd problem is one thats being worked i guess its a voice one, playing as the ob??? confederation (sorry forgot the correct name) when i sent my diplomat to Bavaria they said welcome to england lol with English accent

overall minor problems thought the money one made me think i was gonna have to drops some troops to get more money, this is a cool mod. still waiting for the emporer to die so i can see the vote happen, ahh heck its still early

Hey born2dive67!

The money you are missing is is the Imperial Tax feature. Read more about it in the 'Overview 0.5' thread.

The voice is wrong for all new factions for reasons outlined in numerous posts above.

Thanks for the feedback! Nice you like it, keep reporting!

Visit my homepage.

this is not a bug but its a advice,

dimitri i think you should make, a difference beetween the HRE factions once you pick em since im sure when a guy gets the mod and clicks on saxony he wont know where exactly is saxony.

2. I now know what ill be working on, UI unit interface... if someone does not know what that is it is the little picture that shows the unit im gonna start with bohemia, since it seems like its the faction that is being played the most...
    "Proud to be a nationalist"
    "Bound to see the elimation of the Illuminati from this world"

dimitri i think you should make, a difference beetween the HRE factions once you pick em since im sure when a guy gets the mod and clicks on saxony he wont know where exactly is saxony.
    We plan to give every HRE faction a unique unit - Is that what you mean?

Working un the UI is a good idea.
    Also, you might have read Methoz's input on our (your) Bohemian skins and him mentioning that we use wrong lions/eagles. He gave us permission on his skins - I've uploaded them here for you. It would be nice if you could remake our skins or choose what we can use of Methoz's skins.

Visit my homepage.