View RSS Feed

TheDarkKnight

1. Reading Again (Continued) And other things

Been a few months and as I predicted in my last blog I did indeed slow down on my book reading. Unfortunately the return to work just killed my energy every week.

However I have made more progress; eleven more books down since the end of March and tons more still to read.

Books Read

Emperor: The Gates of Rome
    The Nine (Wolf of Corwick Book 1)
    Pacific Vortex!
    Mediterranean Caper
    Iceberg!
    Raise the Titanic!
    The Terror
    Star Wars: Outbound

Updated June 18, 2021 at 11:44 AM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Reading Again

Last year when the whole lockdown and...other interesting activities in the United States started happening, I started collecting books to read. Nothing excessive*, just a handful** of books to pass the time while I waited for things to become normal***.

Of course the reality was I ended up only reading a few books, two when I was bored and the internet was slow and three when I was forced into further quarantine when the girlfriend started showing signs of potential COVID (we were ...

Updated March 22, 2021 at 07:34 AM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment
  3. My "Retirement"

Enough people have asked so....Let's try to keep this as un-dramatic as possible.

To make a long story really short...Recent developments in my life has made it really difficult to continue being a staffer. I was recently hired in a teaching job (hooray!) but coming into it halfway in the year has given me a great deal of anxiety, which has led to some health issues popping up. I was already suffering some issues in the month prior to being hired (and I "felt" they were coming ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Year In Review

Man what a year.

Since the last time I have written a blog my life has changed a lot. The biggest change was being told I was not being invited back to teach at the school that hired me a year ago. While I never found out the reason, I suspect they just did not feel I could improve enough to justify another year. I disagree immensely, as by the end I felt I really had a good handle on the classes that actually tried and just had a couple of problems. But I do, truly, believe that there ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Half a year down, half to go...

Back in August I began my career as a teacher. First year teacher at a rough school with brand new admins...what could go wrong?

So far my main issue is most certainly classroom management. While I have managed to bring most of the classes to acceptable (but needs improvement) levels, there are still two classes who are my greatest challenges. One of them involves students that don't like to do work so will do everything in their power to avoid it, while the other simply outright refuses ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast