Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Nevitta View Post
    Westermann? lol you can't be serious! Westermann can play all positions in defense but none really well. I would have tried Hummels instead.

Anyway Friedrich's not bad but I hope we'll et rid of him soon. Around 3,5 mio per annum (depending on bonuses) is way too much for what he showed this year and his statements after the last game vs Munich didn't really raise my opinion of him.
    I dunno, but I see him play quite well with Schalke.
    He's not as strong as Mertesacker or quick as Lahm, but he's certainly quite good.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8711458.stm

offical now. Lahm is captain and Neuer is #1 but of course we figured that

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8711458.stm

offical now. Lahm is captain and Neuer is #1 but of course we figured that
    Indeed.
    I had hoped that Wiese would get the #1, but I hope Jogi knows what he is doing behind that silly formal hair of his

LOFL saw this pic today :

Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 28, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

haha i love schweini dressed as a witch

Comes Limitis

Germany looked very good in yesterdays test-game vs Hungary. Very nice combo's, and Khedira filled his role very promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

Yes Khedira's good...on the other hand one shouldn't forget that Hungary was...well...reeeaaaally bad (probably because Pal didn't play )
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Comes Limitis

Yeah...Pal....but still it was nice to see the automatisms work.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

yea the only reason more goals were not scored was really gabor kiraly. seems to be a decent goalie. funny tho the only good stream i could find was a hungarian one. so it was interesting figuring out what the announcers were saying.

-----------------------------

also i find this interesting http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...150612,00.html

i dont follow the prem league too much so what u guys think. vidic a good signing for bayern. i know i keep saying it but bayern need more options in defence

i also read that Krasic from CSKA might be lured in by Olic and van der vaart by Robben. might be pretty useful signings if bayern does lose ribery or schweinsteiger which ive heard rumors about.
    Last edited by pchalk; May 30, 2010 at 11:21 AM.

Comes Limitis

First: Westermann is out for the WC because of an injury. Officially.

Second: what rumors? Ribery just signed till 2015 and Schweini is to Bavarian. Tell me what you know?

Third: Seem like good signs. Bayerns central-defense needs more speed without a doubt. Also VdV could be a great offensive option with a true °10 so Bayern can vary the 4-4-3 with as they say in Holland "the offensive point" instead of just "the defensive point" with the two °6 or one °6(Van Bommel) and one 8° (Schweinsteiger).

*point: how the central midfielders participate, like:...aah dammit, to confusing in English. Read the quote from a Dutch football-coach site to see what I mean: (google translator)

I'm curious what you preferred in midfield in a 1-4-3-3 formation: point to point forward or backward?, And especially why. To do this from the situation where your players at your disposal that can perform both ways.

- What is your preference?
    - What are the strengths of the play point forward?
    - What are the strengths and weaknesses of playing with the tip back?

Thanks for the reply, Regards BT.

Jeroen Nothing 2/26/2010 7:42:42 p.m.
    I enjoy a slight preference for the tip back in midfield. In my view, the field coverage slightly better. The vm is a driehoeje with both central defenders. And in the building, you always have an extra man, plenty of space, so why even a man use space efficiently.
    Offensively, the striker having always supporting two attacking midfielders, there is no one right behind, but coming within two players.
    But you're depending on your players' material, you have a great No. 10 selection, then yes, the ears point forward is also a good option.

phanatio aweti 2/28/2010 6:41:07 p.m.
    I play ball with the point made so that means I midmid just behind the striker to play but watch out that they do not preclude a lopenn and your center scroll through defenders and build! by losing the ball pushes me backwards midmid by or for the center defenders and my tip is over and I 2buiten midmid position players come in! I cjunioren this game and they carry the fine! and communication is perhaps the most important task!

Nico His Stra 03/01/2010 10:06:12
    My preference is for a society with the tip backwards. Condition is that the 6 and 8 players with great ability to walk. I would like to see these players in possession a 2:1 with the wingers, so the backs to make a choice.

The defensive midfielder has played an important role in building by aanspeelbaar central to the ball to bounce to the back (or possibly. Unstop).

The advantage of this gameplay is that in responding to the forefront in principle on both sides may be expressed instead reflects a dependence enclose 10.

The disadvantage is that you two attacking midfielders with what are more vulnerable in the transition (hence the ability to walk).

Peter Van den Broek 03/02/2010 11:20:19 p.m.
    I prefer to PNV. In my 10 short plays ball behind the striker, with one of my central fl. by slides. The outer two mid.veld. come and support among the strikers. Offensively we play as much as possible given to half of the counterparty. It is important that the outer tips of the field as broad as possible.

In possession opponent half vd opponent does my 10 extra pressure, the two outer midfielders controlling play, and played back 1:1, with the lines in rapid succession. It saves my 10 not too far to fail to defend, so he joined the transition from v / a man is often free.

As Phanatio says, it is important that each is well coached, and that the organization is well maintained.
    I play it with c-league at junior level.
    And Van Gaal first tried Ribery on °10 because he likes to play with the "offensive or forward point", but Ribery didnt want that and went back to the left side after a few games.
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 30, 2010 at 11:52 AM.

i see then that the ribery rumor is a bit outdated. there was talk of him thinking of leaving for real madrid.

o and schweini http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...149284,00.html

if i remember right theres a rumor pretty much every year of him leaving. lets hope it shows the base of falsehood that it has been showing. we will know after the WC according to this article

o lord and i just saw ur post about westermann. i saw him limping on the field at the end of the hungary game. a real shame

o and i can remember some of the most entertaining reads being from google translator. just load up a wiki article in german and translate it to english. funny as hell
    Last edited by pchalk; May 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    i see then that the ribery rumor is a bit outdated. there was talk of him thinking of leaving for real madrid.

o and schweini http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...149284,00.html

if i remember right theres a rumor pretty much every year of him leaving. lets hope it shows the base of falsehood that it has been showing. we will know after the WC according to this article

o lord and i just saw ur post about westermann. i saw him limping on the field at the end of the hungary game. a real shame
    OK thx for the link.

I'll doubt he ever leaves Bayern which had so much patience with him and always believed in his qualities. He would have a hard time abroad.

First: Westermann is out for the WC because of an injury. Officially.

Boetang was horrible against Hungary
    Friedrich was AWFUL!!! Too slow and clumsy
    Mertesacker and Westermann were rock solid though.

I'm a Werder fan, but I was AMAZED by Oezil and Marin's chemistry. I'd seen it before during Werder matches, but they were just fantastic. Khedira was great, but Kroos sucked. Probably because Khedira rushed forward and let Kroos do the defending.

And I still say : Mario Gomez is a joke
    Cacau is the best striker in the Mannschaft this year. Tireless, fast and accurate.

o and i can remember some of the most entertaining reads being from google translator. just load up a wiki article in german and translate it to english. funny as hell
    Indeed. Neuer hat das ball - New have the ball lofl
    Neuer is always new on translators

Comes Limitis

Boateng wasn't bad on defense, but there was room for improvement in that match what his otherwise dangerous offensive actions are concerned.

Some passes looked wasted, but he has a triple A pass in his foot. He can play difficult passes. When they succeed they are usually more dangerous than most because of the slice and speed he gives the ball and the accuracy no matter what distance, but when they don't succeed all to often the ball takes a whole other direction. Its a technical skill where millimeters decide complete failure or epic win.

That makes him look bad sometimes, but those passes get you output when played well.
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 30, 2010 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Boateng wasn't bad on defense, but there was room for improvement in that match what his otherwise dangerous offensive actions are concerned.

Some passes looked wasted, but he has a triple A pass in his foot. He can play difficult passes. When they succeed they are usually more dangerous than most because of the slice and speed he gives the ball and the accuracy no matter what distance, but when they don't succeed all to often the ball takes a whole other direction. Its a technical skill where millimeters decide complete failure or epic win.
    Yeah he wasn't bad defensively. But he lost the ball quite stupidly at times(not as much as Gomez though)

Comes Limitis

Like I said, his game is a bit more risky where he can look bad more easily than the more subdued defenders. However he has acquired a good sense on the moments when he can take risks and moments where he should not.

Yesterday wasn't a day to be extra-cautious.

yea that explains what i saw when i turned the game on. friedrich running the ball up the field for a shot. kinda threw me off. maybe thats why he got so far

Yeah but Friedrich is WAY too slow.
    Damn even I can be quicker than him!

He also makes unnecessary tackles, and suspension in the WC is not something to like

o im not arguing for him. but it was interesting to see. but ur right about those tackles. he made one pretty bad tackle i remember in that game. cleat in chest of one of the hungarians

Comes Limitis

I just hope Löw nominates Hummels now. Luckily there is still Tasci for CD and Boateng can play on the sides easily. I see Friedrich getting straight pawned by world-class opponents.

Also Chana's mainman Essien is out. Karma is a , but more chances KPB will be a starter since he plays a similar position. Karma is weird....

Comes Limitis

Some BL news:

43 times German international and Schalke Kampfschwein °2 Gerald Asamoah will play for the promoted St Pauli next year. Looking forward to see that force of nature play in the new Millarntor stadium.

Edin Dzeko will not play for Real Madrid, AC Milan or Arsenal next year but will stay in Wolfsburg.

Also Andreas Beck is the only player being scrapped from the national-team at the WC.