View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Faction In Third Age: Total War?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gondor

18 26.09%
  • Rohan

5 7.25%
  • Silvan Elves

5 7.25%
  • High Elves

9 13.04%
  • Dwarves

6 8.70%
  • Dale

4 5.80%
  • Free Peoples of Eriador

9 13.04%
  • Isengard

3 4.35%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

1 1.45%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

2 2.90%
  • Mordor

3 4.35%
  • Harad

1 1.45%
  • Rhûn

3 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Faction In TATW?

Hugyfew's Avatar Libertus

Default What Is Your Favorite Faction In TATW?

I found after a few searches by Google and TWC that there is no proper poll for this. So I decided to make this myself for no apparent reason.

The title is pretty straightforward, so not explaining any further.

PS: I originally wrote a big, long description for the OP, but then I pressed "Restore Auto-Saved Content" and lost everything I had written. Man... Then I just scribbled this.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Faction In TATW?

I really really like Rhûn! It's awesome both in MOS and FRoGS. They kinda are the only evil faction that dont rely on sheer number and can field decent heavy armoured infantry in good numbers. They also have powerful cavalry, great anti-armor units and awesome ranged units... and, of course, the fire-spitting-soldiers-of-hell-and-doom!
    But more than that... their golden units look so freaking badass!!!

The problem is... once you start to kick Dale ass out of the map, a dwarf and an elven faction probably will declare war at you even before you totally defeat Dale and you will have some tough fights with almost no ally nearby.
    Last edited by VektorT; June 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM.

Forth Eorlingas!
    Rohan for me especially with the revamped extended map in MOS. Pincered by Isengard and Dunland in the west and the black armies of Mordor to the east, it always is a challenge to not only survive but ensure Gondor does not fall to the combined might of Harad and Mordor. Although they lack heavy infantry, fielding full stacks of versatile and powerful cavalry armies are devastating in open field battles.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by _DK_ View Post
    Forth Eorlingas!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Vanilla: Gondor
    DaC: Dwarves of Ered Luin, or Dwarves of Erebor, tough choice.

Vanilla: Orcs of Gundabad

These guys are great. They have a secure northern position with no immediate threats until you start expanding, and your expansion is one of the most (if not THE most) open and flexible in the game. I love Snow Trolls (MOS nerfs 'em for some reason) and the more professional looking units you obtain later on to be almost a northern Mordor. There's an added challenge in that you don't get Snaga Skirmishers, but you do start with a unit of Mountain Trolls, which creates more possibilities.

Isengard is a close second though

MOS: Gondor

The MOS team really outdid themselves with v1.6.2, they really did. I've never had more fun playing as Gondor. I don't know how many times I've created armies in regions made up of only those AoR units and then sent them out to Harad/Mordor to test them against each other. Plus, the units just look amazing, and the custom maps you get to fight in (Cirith Ungol, Barad Dur) really bring you into Middle Earth. Oh yeah, and Beacons of Gondor. Enough said

DaC: Clans of Enedwaith

Just like my reasoning with Gundabad, the Clans really make a unique experience. You can literally choose to be good or evil, even though in the end you still have to take out Bree and....Lindon for some reason. I still remember the Isengard event where they try and pay you to join them. They aren't just a Dunland clone; in fact they're the complete opposite of Dunland, as they specialize in ranged units. They don't get the big shot elites like Gondor and Rohan, but they're able to create a lot of stacks of decent units.
    Last edited by LuckyPistol; June 10, 2014 at 09:01 AM.

Gondor!

Arnor they have great units and even as Eriador. Fun campaign with two of my favorite characters from Lord of the Rings.

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Gondor. I love the challenge, and I really take to heart being the first line of defence against Mordor. I love how their units look and the variety of units is great, axe men of lasarnach, guardians of osgiliath, and all the different archers you can get
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Well, for me it's not a standard TATW faction, but one from a mod. Arnor (starting as Eriador).

Since they are not in your pole I voted High Elves because that was my favorite faction in TATW.
    I always got a kick out of putting those super archers on a hill and taking out just about every enemy before they even could start some melee fighting.
    And when they did manage, there were of course some elite elven melee units that quickly and very effectively took care of business.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Arnor is also in normal TATW.

I was doubting between the High Elves and Gondor. Gondor in MOS is simply the most finished faction with the most complete experience of all. In the end I went with High Elves.

If it were up to me I would combine some mods to make the Silvan Elves more fun. My wish would be that the OotMM get some love. They were the first faction I played with, they hold a special place in my hearth. <3
    In it for the rep.

Orcs of the Misty Mountains.
    I dont care about their tiny roster but they have by far the most interesting campaign in my opinion. You get to fight so many factions, especially in DaC. I will vote as soon as i get to the pc.

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

I've mostly played in MoS and I have to say that the High Elves are my favorite faction.
    Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks. -Harlan Ellison

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Vanilla: Gondor
    MOS:
    Gondor
    Lothlorien. Man they have the most central position, with easy pickings everywhere, with options everywhere and with everything you want (except heavy cavalry, but who cares? Galadhrim rullz)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

vanilla:gondor
    mos:eriador/arnor
    dac:imladris

Free peoples of Eriador ----> Arnor

Thread re-opened. Search function does not work very well for finding previous threads.

Oh, and High Elves of course!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 12, 2014 at 01:12 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Vanilla: Rohan (Forth Eorlingas!)

How terrifying it must be for the enemy to witness the ground shake before Rohan's cavalry. I just love cavalry so much, and Rohan is the perfect team to manipulate the battle field with all that cavalry hmmmmmm.

DaC: Dol Amroth

Swan Knights!!!

tryton's Avatar Foederatus

Vanilla Gondor, MOS Arnor, even if it does not officially fit into the lore of Tolkien's writings at the time. DAC i would like to say Dol Amroth but i dont really like overkill so it has to be the remnants of the kingdom of Arthedain aka the Northern Dunedain.

solarios's Avatar Laetus

I like vanilla Gondor, I like being somewhat the only defense against Mordor and trying to just gather up a large enough army to just walk on through and trying to exterminate them. I often fail though so /cry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast