Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Asterix's Campagnian Villa: A meeting place for TWCs old timers

Default Re: Asterix's Campagnian Villa: A meeting place for TWCs old timers

that, dear Mat, is true of government everywhere.... a students union of 14,000 students, where only 1500 vote for the officers who decide such crucial things as beer prices! unbelievable!

decisions are made by those who show up though. if the constitution is voted in, and people don't like it, thats their own fault for voting without thinking, or not getting involved when it was debated.

politics is incredibly interesting, a great deal of fun, and a lively source of entertainment gossip and intrigue. it astounds me that its not everyones favourite pass-time.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

I wouldn't be here if Asty didn't spam my mail daily for a month or so. And then Bel would be patron of imb39 (I remember snatching Ian from his drunken jaws) and who knows what fate would giga and Halie have...oh the nightmare...

On topic now, I would like to see MehmedII again the Turkish guy that was a Greek's delight (no pun intended) and ofcourse Portuguese Rebel.

Then we could talk business in the mudpit...

Nihil's Avatar Annihilationist

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    I wouldn't be here if Asty didn't spam my mail daily for a month or so. And then Bel would be patron of imb39 (I remember snatching Ian from his drunken jaws) and who knows what fate would giga and Halie have...oh the nightmare...

On topic now, I would like to see MehmedII again the Turkish guy that was a Greek's delight (no pun intended) and ofcourse Portuguese Rebel.

Sorry to interrupt, GastroGarb, but where's my dinner?
    Ex Nihilo, Nihil Fit.
    Acting Paterfamilias of House Rububula
    Former Patron of the retired Atheist Peace
    Current Lineup: Jesus The Inane, PacSubCom, Last Roman, Evariste, I Have a Clever Name, Gabriella26, Markas and Katrina

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Indeed. I will take care of it shortly. Not to forget the edible parts of the sheep though...(notice to self, not Will Self mySelf)

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post

Ahh good ol' Mehmed.. He is the entire reason I stopped lurking on TWC and began activly posting (I disagreed with something he said)
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Ahh good ol' Mehmed.. He is the entire reason I stopped lurking on TWC and began activly posting (I disagreed with something he said)
    I miss Mehmed, I remember him in the "Armenian Genocide" thread, man did he get piss.
    Last edited by Romanos; March 03, 2007 at 01:38 PM.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

I spent 5 hours at work one day moderating that thread, beat the hell out of working though
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

TheKwas's Avatar Civitate

I suppose that can act as my ticket to this little affair, although my nomad ways often have me away from this territory for periods of time. The life of a wander has it's upside of exploring new and exciting territory, but one rarely has the time to settle down and interact with peers on an intimate level.

*grabs a sweet cocktail*
    A drink meant for one of your wives I'm sure, Asterixs, but my tastebuds just can handle the fine drinks the rest of you are having.
    1) The creation of the world is the most marvelous achievement imaginable.
    2) The merit of an achievement is the product of (a) its intrinsic quality, and (b) the ability of its creator.
    3) The greater the disability (or handicap) of the creator, the more impressive the achievement.
    4) The most formidable handicap for a creator would be non-existence.
    5) Therefore if we suppose that the universe is the product of an existent creator we can conceive a greater being — namely, one who created everything while not existing.
    6) Therefore, God does not exist.

Garbarsardar's love child, and the only child he loves. ^-^

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

You lads are making me delighted of retirement.... this rally thread can serve as a relaxing spam point for us to better concentrate constructive energies elsewhere in the site

Quote Originally Posted by GrimSta Squeaker
    I think I'll stake a place in the courtyard orchard with a rug, pipe and bottle of cider
    Whats in the pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Prince
    Iron Duke... i sometimes see him on MSN every month or so.... i'll have to catch him next time...
    An interesting revisit...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Baba Kelso
    I have dreamt of a true forum government close to my heart for 3 years now and I am glad to see it come to pass.
    Mortal haaa.... you are a visionary indeed, CdC, most of the Syntagma input, rescuing the site from political turmoil and briging party lines on more than one occassion....

*looks penetratingly at the bard Bardarsardar*

I feel a divus ammendment combined with nomination coming on....

politics is incredibly interesting, a great deal of fun, and a lively source of entertainment gossip and intrigue. it astounds me that its not everyones favourite pass-time
    And what do you think we are doing here on TWC all of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie sardar

Then we could talk business in the mudpit.

We havent talked buisiness in a long time That is a good sign for TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Pink fluffy smoke by the time it reaches the bowelsardar
    Yes Garbie? What are you serving my guests? ***throws leg of lamb to kids in the garden***

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    I miss Mehmed, I remember him in the "Armenian Genocide" thread, man did he get piss.
    Hahhaa I moderated that thread! I was so tired after two weeks I got reasigned to TW section and VV for some months

Quote Originally Posted by the Old Kwas
    I suppose that can act as my ticket to this little affair, although my nomad ways often have me away from this territory for periods of time. The life of a wander has it's upside of exploring new and exciting territory, but one rarely has the time to settle down and interact with peers on an intimate level.

*grabs a sweet cocktail*
    A drink meant for one of your wives I'm sure, Asterixs, but my tastebuds just can handle the fine drinks the rest of you are having.
    Welcome... I wont put you with the kiddies, I remember your posts in ancient times....

@@@@@ BELLLLLI... where is he?

Bel what would you say we give clemancy to all those on Ana and reinvite them to TWC? We could have a ceremonial burial of Ana
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Not all of those on Ana want to return, and almost all of those active on Ana at present are active here too... I will try and get LC over here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Not all of those on Ana want to return, and almost all of those active on Ana at present are active here too... I will try and get LC over here though.
    This can be Ana though.... I think all of the reasons for founding and having Ana are now extinct... I think a flamefest for HG is an insufficient reason tbh
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Wilpuri joined: November 16, 2003.

That's right, uh-huh.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    This can be Ana though.... I think all of the reasons for founding and having Ana are now extinct... I think a flamefest for HG is an insufficient reason tbh
    Was that why it was created? No. It was created because some members said they would never return to TWC after, I believe, the Crandar affair. It's prolonged existence is owed to the air it has, which is totally different to that of TWC; here, the great areas of interest outside TW are debates; there, its the Chat thread.

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

*quietly sneaks in sipping on his glass of 15 year old Laphroaig, smiling smugly at the sight of young lings trying to act as elders.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxi
    *quietly sneaks in sipping on his glass of 15 year old Laphroaig, smiling smugly at the sight of young lings trying to act as elders.
    Ahhh the quietest of the oldies.... Proximus, you and Ozymandias are opposites, joined at the same time, while you barely have averaged a post per three days, Ozymandias has averaged about 3 thousand posts per day

For the patient.....

*Pushes the dusty bottle of Laphroig 62 years to Proxi*

*Pushes a bottle of Jamtlands Ol as a chaser*

Quote Originally Posted by the Grim Ozy
    Was that why it was created? No. It was created because some members said they would never return to TWC after, I believe, the Crandar affair. It's prolonged existence is owed to the air it has, which is totally different to that of TWC; here, the great areas of interest outside TW are debates; there, its the Chat thread
    Well I belong to the umbelical camp on Ana... I believe Ana's reason for existence was to discuss TWC off the record... and 75% was due to the mistrust of Ogresnet.....

What does our festive assembly opiniate?

I joined January 18, 2005, so if Asterix and garb are old timers...I must be as well...or at the very least I can pose as one.

Hmmm...I don't drink or eat weird sausage so I guess I will head to the gymnasium...though your floor plan doesn't seem to contain one :o

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocrat View Post
    I joined January 18, 2005, so if Asterix and garb are old timers...I must be as well...or at the very least I can pose as one.

Hmmm...I don't drink or eat weird sausage so I guess I will head to the gymnasium...though your floor plan doesn't seem to contain one :o
    I can offer you my Persian slave girl to massage you instead....

*points finger at Aristorcrat and Sheherezade's reincarnation, trailed by the aroma of wild hibiscus, rushes toward aristocrat dressed only in a thin tunic of pearls*

.....I joined in Summer-Fall of 2004 under the original name of Musashi... that account has since been taken by someone else... I was cast together with Garb during the second civil war of May 2005.... but before I didnt see him much...

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Ana, that spam infested hell-hole, that playground for boredom induced idiocy. It was fun for a month, may be.

I remember Boris, NM, nothing, Mehmed (and his brother, the other Mehmed), Trax, PR and the rest.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

My favourite moment was with the cartoons of Mohamed thread when it got totally out of hand after a whole bunch of people from a muslim university in Saudi Arabia piled into the thread. Now that was interesting.

*Looks at the slavegirls, remembers wife is Glaswegian, sighs and reaches for the whisky*
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalwithdrawal View Post
    My favourite moment was with the cartoons of Mohamed thread when it got totally out of hand after a whole bunch of people from a muslim university in Saudi Arabia piled into the thread. Now that was interesting.

*Looks at the slavegirls, remembers wife is Glaswegian, sighs and reaches for the whisky*
    *gives Tac statue of venus to play with*

hahaha I had to engage about 8 if them on MSN and email for ours explaining the balance of moderating that has to be achieved... they all became friendly when they realized I had knowledge of the Qu'ran then I had to block them on MSN

That was a mess that went on for weeks.....

Haha the other moderating mess was around Hannibal of Carthage or the Tunisian guy what was his name.... a nice guy that made everybody including NIHIL I think go bonkers....