Thread: Ancient Egypt mod

Default Ancient Egypt mod

Is there any mod that focuses on Egypt? I was thinking of one that spans from the Old, Middle, and New Kingdoms to its conquest by Alexander. Since Egyptian history spans so long every period might have to be divided into different campaigns, but you can start on the first campaign and through all the others like in the first MTW. Having it begin before the unification of Lower and Upper Egypt is tempting but I am assuming factions cannot simply merge with both factions' consent even with modding. I am not sure how interested players are on an Egypt total war but I hope I am not the only one. Thank you...

Default Re: Ancient Egypt mod

Does anyone know?

I loved playing with egypte and i think your right but the thing is that egypte never really went beyond its borders unlike rome and alexander you know what i mean ?
    Tonight we dine in hades!

That is true, but under the New Kingdom they expanded as far as Nubia, Libya, to Syria. I thought it would be interesting not just as Egypt as a faction but Nubia, because no other mod goes that far into Africa. Semetic tribes, Assyrians, Persians, Babylonians, Greeks (of course! ); civilizations that I think are very interesting but not really covered in a TW mod yet (except greece, but the height of Greece and then Alexander's empire are not covered). Problem is deciding the time frame. I think it would be interesting to go from the middle of the New Kingdom of Egypt to Alexander's conquests, 1300 - 300, but that seems too long. Egypt is so old
    Last edited by ZuluKingOfTheDwarfPeople; March 22, 2007 at 05:10 PM.

Rise of Persia covers the part of time frame you're looking at, 559-4 something. It has the Babylonians, Persians, and Meades, and of course the Egyptians. The unit names are sort of weird, but besides that its a very good mod.

Yeah, Egypt contends with the Kushites (sp?) and another faction (can't really remember it) in Africa, and te map goes deeper south.

That sounds very interesting. It is not exactly what I am looking for (I am also looking for more emphasis on wonders, city building, religion, etc.) but from what I see that mod is the closest one. Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by HeracliustheVictor View Post
    Rise of Persia covers the part of time frame you're looking at, 559-4 something. It has the Babylonians, Persians, and Meades, and of course the Egyptians. The unit names are sort of weird, but besides that its a very good mod.
    Yeah, try the 'Rise of Persia' mod. It's probably what you need in your case. Very good mod though. I might even try it myself...
    Last edited by Guy; March 23, 2007 at 06:44 PM.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

i love that
    i`m Egyption
    i can help if you need?

Egypt by the 5-6th centuries BCE was deep into it's decline. A good time for when Egypt was at its highest would be the New Kingdom, when Thutmose III and Ramesses The Great reigned (within 1500-1200 BCE). That's when Egypt reached it's prime. By 500 BCE, Egypt was not only a mere shadow of it's former glory, but it had been tainted and conquered by foreign rulers for hundreds of years. A truly great militaristic dynasty was that of the Ramesside Era. Ramesses the Great and Thutmose III were 2 of the greatest militaristic Pharaoh's in history. That would be an ideal time period for the Egyptian Empire, threatened on all sides by Hittites, Nubians, Libyans, Canaanites, Hyksos, Kushites, Sea People, Bedouin and other warring tribes that threatened the Egyptian Empire.

Speaking for Rise of Persia, Egypt is indeed one of our most important factions and it has enjoyed much attention which also led to the use of indigenous names, which indeed sound weird to us. Nevertheless, they are historical.

Be warned, the Egyptian military that time (6th cent. BC) was quite different than the popular imagination, but very exiting imo! Take a look:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61303

We have still some balance problems in campaign, but Nero is tirelessly working on it!
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

Egypt by the 5-6th centuries BCE was deep into it's decline. A good time for when Egypt was at its highest would be the New Kingdom, when Thutmose III and Ramesses The Great reigned (within 1500-1200 BCE). That's when Egypt reached it's prime. By 500 BCE, Egypt was not only a mere shadow of it's former glory, but it had been tainted and conquered by foreign rulers for hundreds of years. A truly great militaristic dynasty was that of the Ramesside Era. Ramesses the Great and Thutmose III were 2 of the greatest militaristic Pharaoh's in history. That would be an ideal time period for the Egyptian Empire, threatened on all sides by Hittites, Nubians, Libyans, Canaanites, Hyksos, Kushites, Sea People, Bedouin and other warring tribes that threatened the Egyptian Empire.
    That is what I was loking for and is why I suggested one that started during the New Kingdom. There are so many threats and Egyptian power was very hard to keep stabile; all the more fun!

Speaking for Rise of Persia, Egypt is indeed one of our most important factions and it has enjoyed much attention which also led to the use of indigenous names, which indeed sound weird to us. Nevertheless, they are historical.

Be warned, the Egyptian military that time (6th cent. BC) was quite different than the popular imagination, but very exiting imo! Take a look:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61303

We have still some balance problems in campaign, but Nero is tirelessly working on it!
    I am seriously considering replacing my RTR mod with Rise of Persia now. The Egyptian military has not always been the most advanced but despite numerous invasions by the Nubians and Hyksos Egypt made an amazing resurrection with the New Kingdom that dominated the region...

i love that
    i`m Egyption
    i can help if you need?
    I am not a modder although I wish I was I was hoping there already was an Egypt mod when I posted. I agree with you though I think it is a good idea because it has not been covered a lot...

Does anyone know if wonders are hardcodded?
    Last edited by ZuluKingOfTheDwarfPeople; March 24, 2007 at 04:13 PM.

If I could mod, you bet I'd make 1, Egypt:TW

Quote Originally Posted by TW dude View Post
    Yeah, try the 'Rise of Persia' mod. It's probably what you need in your case. Very good mod though. I might even try it myself...
    That it is, it's still in a beta version but boy will the final version be spectacular. I've only had a few CTDs in it (2) and both didn't repeat. It's very interesting as you have quite a few factions around Egypt. I played as the Babylonians and it was a blast attacked Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bry
    If I could mod, you bet I'd make 1, Egypt:TW
    If I could mod, I would join you