Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Guy's Scribbles

Default Guy's Scribbles

Here is some of my work, new and old, that I have made over my years spent active on TWCenter.
    Not all my work is posted on here, but I will recover and produce as much as I can.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For many reasons I can only post these after they have been used by the site. My work ranges from badges, to banners and awards. Most of the things you see on the site have come from myself.

Awards/Medals

Badges/Titles

used for a breif period*

unused*

unused*

Other TWC Work

Here are some signatures I made not long ago for Wiki Staff/Editors. Unfortunately, not many people do edit the Wiki or are staff as well as the fact they were posted in a private forum, so this is their first public viewing!

For more work done by myself in the graphical fields, click here!

Other

Wellenreiten. It's German and translates as n. Surfing. Life's like surfing, you get knocked off the board a few times and feel like it's drowning you, but you get back on you board and you have to try again.

Well what can I say? The quality shows itself.

This is for the GC#10. Nature is the theme.

Well I went out into the city and bought this on T-Shirt. Just so happens I have the exact same fonts on my Photoshop. It's just me!

The Olde Art

Downloading and Installing Fonts
    Downloading and Installing Fonts

• Required:
      + (Recommended) Windows XP SP1/SP2/SP3
      + WinZip Extractor
      + (Recommended) Adobe Photoshop (any version)

Here is a very simple tutorial on how to download and install new fonts for your computer.

1) We need to head to DaFont.com. Here we will thousands of fonts, all varying in style and size.
    2) Now DaFont.com offers an extremely wide range and variety of fonts. Have a browse around the site, and don't forget that eventually, you'll probably have half of the sites fonts on your PC soon. Pick a category/genre that suites you best. I'm going to pick Christmas from the font menu.

3) After browsing through the endless lists of fonts, you should eventually come across an eye catcher. If you're happy, click the Download button on the right of the font.

4) Then simply Unzip the file with WinZip.

5) Now select the file with that image (TrueType font thumbnail).

6) Make sure Photoshop is closed. Right-click the image and click Copy. Then go to Start > Control Panel (classic view) > Fonts > Right-click and Paste.

Downloading and Uploading Brushes
    Downloading and Uploading Brushes

• Required:
      + (Recommended) Windows XP SP1/SP2/SP3
      + Adobe Photoshop (any version)

+ Or GIMP

Find GIMP brushes here!

Here is a very simple tutorial on how to download and upload new brushes for your Adobe Photoshop.

1) Here on Brusheezy, you can search through hundreds of different brushes, for all versions of Adobe Photoshop. If you do want to narrow your search down for the right brush, you can simply use the search tool to the right of the page.

2) Once you have chosen the right brush for you, click on it's link. The page for the brush will appear. I will be downloading the aLoud brush which is compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS.

3) Simply click the Download button, Save File, then select the save destination of your choice.
    4) Now you have downloaded the brush, you need to upload it to Photoshop.

Open up your Adobe Photoshop. Click the brush tool and open up the Brush Tool Options. Click the blue arrow on the Brush Tool Options, then select Load Brushes.

5) Load the brush...

... and multiple brushes will appear. Have fun!

6) Here is a simple example;

Where to find renders
    Website Used: PlanetRenders.net
    Registration Required*

Browser:
    Recommended ; Firefox

Here is the answer. Stop searching through links and unknown sites and read this tut.!

I strongly recommend you visit PlanetRenders.net to find a wide variety of renders! There are many categories and genre's and renders of all sizes, for all your Graphical needs!

Here you will find;
    • Logo Renders
    • Aircraft Renders
    • Music Renders
    • Abstract Renders
    • Celebrity Renders
    • Sports Renders

and much more!

However, this requires a registration, but it shouldn't take you 2 minutes to complete and requires e-mail confirmation.

Basic Signature Tutorial

To make a signature I would recommend using any version of Photoshop. Now because I can't afford any other new one, i'll be using v2.9 *Laugh now*. I made this in 2006/2007 so the border isn't as popular as it used to be.

So these are the basics steps to making a simple, basic signautre. Making a sig takes alot of practice and isn't easy as it looks. The first step we can take is opening a new page. This can be done by going to FILE >> NEW then something like this should appear. Check all fields are correct and are the same as mine are shown in the preview below.

For a 'basic' sized signauter look at the preview above.
    Then something like this should appear (These photos have been rezised).

Then you can add your image you want onto it by going to ... EDIT >> PASTE. I am going to use a picture of Boundary Park Football ground, as I am a Oldham Athletic fan.

Now you can rotate and resize the image. Select the corners of the image (the lines) and resize it freely. Now don't make it too squashed like so.

Resize it nicely like this.

Now you should have something like the one above. Well sized and not to scruffy. Here's were the 'fun' stuff comes in. First we will start with a border. I am going to use the 'classic' border. The see through one. This adds a white transparent effect around the edge of your picture. Follow these steps.

First, click the Recangular Marquee tool (the one selected below).

Then click and drag it around the picture like so with the Marquee tool.

After that right click the picture now then on the drop down menu select 'stroke'. This should then appear.

A nice transparent border should now appear around the signature like this.

Once this is done, we can now slap some text on that.
    Just simply now pick your font, size, colour and type and just put it on nicely (remember, not squashed!). Some sigs look better with a larger font size, some smaller, it varies. Here's mine ...

Now you can, if you wish, add some nice effects onto your text by choosing either of these menu's.

After that, the sig is in your hands!

Guy.

Last edited by Guy; April 15, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Default Re: Guy's Scribbles

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post

You made those? They look great! The rendering on the opifex at the bottom is slightly dodgy, but they are beautifull.

That is beautifull! Also fairly freaky though. Its disturbing to stare at....

Wow! Thats awesome! The text is great! I see you used the debating pic that was in the first sig I made for them.

How did you get that awesome effect on the texts? Its beautifull.

+rep

You made those? They look great! The rendering on the opifex at the bottom is slightly dodgy, but they are beautifull.
    Well the site resizes them and takes away quality when uploaded. They usually look really cool.

That is beautifull! Also fairly freaky though. Its disturbing to stare at....
    Yes, +rep for that!

Wow! Thats awesome! The text is great! I see you used the debating pic that was in the first sig I made for them.

How did you get that awesome effect on the texts? Its beautifull.
    I actually used Photoshop 2.0 to do those. The second version of Photoshop released so it's very basic. I'm actually not sure. I will have a browse to see what I have done.

The others (white/grey) I used a simple lighting effect on the text, with a smooth drop shadow.
    House of Caesers

You forget all the amazing sigs you have made me!

Cool to see you guys have your own place now.

Senno's Avatar C'est la Vie.
    Civitate

Yeah, very sweet indeed.

mmmm omg i dont see my sig ? hahaha

Just setting things straight: Guy re-did the Divus and Opifex medals that were originally done by Lord Rahl; and he did a pretty good job!

Wiki sig = good!

Just a few experiements with some new brushes:

(for another member)

House of Caesers

Just a few experiements with some new brushes:

I love this. Nice and subtle. I especially like the blood on Marios face.

(for another member)
    If I'm not mistaken, bleeding cowboys font?

I like the blending of images and wide scanlines in this pic.

He favourite. Again, nice use of wide scanlines, but I love the pattern you have put over the pic. Really effective! +rep

Product Designer

that avatar and sig you've got now are really beautiful, and they match as well .
    awesome sigs
    DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

Very excited about getting my CS working again, so I decided to spam it to death with lots of brand new brushes.

Here's some of my random work/mess I made:

House of Caesers

Nice! Where do you get your brushes from Guy? (or is it a secret ?)

really nice sigs! great jobs!
    .:|Sudcommaner aka siculo-calabrese|:.

.:Song Dynasty Preview:.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradog View Post
    Nice! Where do you get your brushes from Guy? (or is it a secret ?)
    Yes, it's Microsoft Paint
    House of Caesers

Just playing about with an image here from the film, Saving Private Ryan. I have done this using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. Much can be achieved with so little.

Original Image (In spoiler)

House of Caesers

Very nice and original Guy! I like it.

Hey Guy, can you make a Curator medal?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Well, i'm back.

I might post a tutorial on how to do this. Creating the effect is simple. It just involves simple layers and advance brush techniques.

House of Caesers

Well, i'm back.

I might post a tutorial on how to do this. Creating the effect is simple. It just involves simple layers and advance brush techniques.

Welcome back Guy! Very nice. Very diffrent and abstract as well. Bleeding Cowboys font no? Speaking about that font, I've started to spot it all over the place in real life as well (I saw it on a DVD box cover the over day).

Very nice though. I can spot some of the techniques, but not all. A tut would be great.

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by Caradog View Post
    Welcome back Guy! Very nice. Very diffrent and abstract as well. Bleeding Cowboys font no? Speaking about that font, I've started to spot it all over the place in real life as well (I saw it on a DVD box cover the over day).

Very nice though. I can spot some of the techniques, but not all. A tut would be great.

+rep
    Thanks lad
    I like your avatar and signature as well but, I think your sig saysa alot about the modern world.

I made myself a wallpaper about a week ago. You see, I had time off to start on the new styles of work. My CS is abit faulty so I need to get that working.

Anyway, after watching "The Terminator", I just had to do it. Took me about 30 minutes:

Resized

Also, I support Eintracht Frankfurt and Oldham Athletic. Two football teams. Thus, I made this:

@Caradog

I will make a tutorial when I get some spare time and thanks for the welcoming!

EDIT:

Hitler - The Escape

Looks like Hitler is running away somehow.
    Last edited by Guy; December 24, 2008 at 08:43 AM.
    House of Caesers

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast