Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and issues

Default Re: Bugs and issues

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Crusher
    No matter what I do, my game always crashes at the end of the Summer turn in 692 AD, when playing as the Satanae.

EDIT: Nevermind. I read the problem above and it seems that it was the same one.
    You guys might want to fix that, though.
    Umm, yes, glad you spotted the reason - I will issue a fix for it soonish. Trouble is the fix is going to be more likely to crash peoples saved campaigns than the original problem . So I only want to issue it in patch with other bits so as not to cause too many campaign re-starts - you should be fine to keep playing your campaign with them just remember not to have boat in build queue when next level port is about to be built.

Anyway as HS said Satanae are meant to be played on provincial campaign where they are slightly more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    @Benny_DK noted, on list of things to look at, though can't spot an open source crossbow animation atm.
    The vanilla BI animation file has a crossbow animation, perhaps not as elaborate as the Chivalry one, but it works, and since I doubt you took anything out of the anim pack, it should still be there.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Yeh, we are going to release a patch with everything that has been reported asap. i just need to make time to sort a few things out.

Mak take a look in the dev forum. woof woof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran S
    The vanilla BI animation file has a crossbow animation, perhaps not as elaborate as the Chivalry one, but it works, and since I doubt you took anything out of the anim pack, it should still be there.
    Yeah spotted now, dunce here managed to copy the BI crossbow unit that had wrong animation in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JF04 View Post
    The original time, I was attacked by an Islamic relief army, and the garrison army sallied as well. I was able to completely destroy the garrison army, so won the city as a result of the successful defense. This caused a CTD.

However, When I repeated the turn, the garrison army wasn't completely destroyed, and I took the city on the next turn via assault. This time, no CTD.

I think the autosave of that turn has been lost as a result - sorry!
    Same problem here, happened as I clicked the "slave" button

LennStar, there is a known issue with that sort of crash for most mods, we don't seem to have it any more than any other mod but it apparently has happened to a couple of people. If you replay the battle you will probably find it doesn't happen again, to make doubly sure it doesn't don't destroy the whole of the army that comes out of the town.

Out of interest in-case there is anything I can pin down, which faction were you (Albion still?) and which town and faction were you besieging?

Albion against Germanians. Town... I think the one southeast of Köln was it. I'm currently running through their provinces. I only have to stop because I can't train enough garrison troops so fast to prevent rebellions

A question there: Can't you make it that I can train the lower troops in higher barracks? I really miss it. Not much sense in sending an army to conquer a city and then you have lots of half-destroyed units that you can't retrain. And I miss the high numbers of soldiers.

Blog Entries

A question there: Can't you make it that I can train the lower troops in higher barracks? I really miss it. Not much sense in sending an army to conquer a city and then you have lots of half-destroyed units that you can't retrain. And I miss the high numbers of soldiers.
    Ah, but then you would be facing full stacks of crappy units later in the game, with our system the enemy factions will be sending better armies into battle as time progresses..

Icon5 Re: Bugs and issues

i have 2 problems when i go to start a main campaign it says " Please Select a Item from the list." and it is the same in the provincial campaign.

The second problem is that when I abort the game it says "Script error in bi/eod/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt at line 14 colum1. expected start date of campaign or battle"

I have no clue what they mean but i would deeply like some assistance.

I can't remember the likely cause of that one off hand - I suspect it might be that you weren't actually patched to version 1.6 - please start your normal BI game, go into 'options' - look at top right hand corner, if it says 1.4 you need to apply CA's 1.6 patch before installing EOD.

its either that one - or you didn't copy and move the BI folder as explained in the install instructions before installing EoD

please check those two possibilities and try re-installing EoD onto a fresh copy of the BI folder as explained in the instructions

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forums

Icon10 Re: Bugs and issues

Ok now it working i just put on the patch and its working thank u so much i really want to play this.

hey a little help please, i have done everything in the read me, i have 1.6 and done the folder copying and renaming etc, i go to load up and i get an error message which reads:

script error in bi/eod/data/descr_items.txt
    at line 15, Column 9
    include file not found in data/descr_items/ :'di_spot_items.txt'

Its probably something i havent done, as i am new to all this.

double post. sorry.

hmm, sounds a bit like you haven't actually got eod installed over the re-named copy of bi properly (though that isn't the message you get for completely forgetting to copy the BI folder...

have a look at folder names - what you should end up with is exactly the same as original installation except that the bi folder now has eod folder inside it - if you've got an 'e0d' folder or 'copy of bi' still it might give some clue as to what you got wrong.

It's probably best to go through process again, step by step I'm afraid - it does definitely work if done carefully.

If you do it again you will have another copy of BI/eod inside itself that won't matter apart from taking up a bit extra disc space.

Once you've got it working you can delete bi/eod/eod folder,

I'm hesitant to suggest deleting anything just yet incase you've done something that would effect original game.....

ljuboja's Avatar Civis

i tried downloading the mod but everytime i do on my download manager it says download stopped because of invalid username or password, what do i do?

Blog Entries

Did you try the other link?? (filemonster)

ljuboja's Avatar Civis

i tried both

I think the problem might be your end I'm afraid I just checked filefront and that seems to be behaving itself for me. You said 'download manager' have you installed some extra software for downloads / are you trying to download via an ftp client (I don't think that would work) ?

ljuboja's Avatar Civis

i have no idea what that meant

it means I think the problem is with the software on your computer. Neither Filefront or Filemonster require a username or password to download!

You could try asking in the basement to see if anyone can give more advice.

If you can name an upload site that you know you can use without problems I don't mind putting a version of the mod there, but I don't really want to upload 200MB of something for the hell of it if you are likely to have the same problem again (my internet provider already doesn't like me )