Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Released! End of Days. (Download here)

Default Hell yes!! (pun intended)

been waitin 4 this, looks sweet. i think eb might have a run for its money.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Released! End of Days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Incredible mod guys! I am very sorry I didn't see this one before! It is actually the toughest mod I have ever played hands down. The only one that comes close is Roma Surrectum. I am currently playing as Albion and I am having the most disastrous campaign I have ever had. I quickly took out the British Isle pagans and launched a few invasions of central Europe,not wanting to betray my Christian allies (house rules). However, they had something else in mind, and as most of my troops and funds were being drained in my ambitious plot to take and hold Constantine and Carthage and Ephesus Hispania launched a major invasion of my Western territories and besieged my army at Bourges. I was able to defeat them and from my mainland HQ of Amien I dispatched a punitive expedition to take Bordeaux withmy entire mainland European army. However, I had not expected Hispania to field at least five units of Illuminati Knight mercenaries and they flanked my pikeman in an epic battle near Bordeaux. I lost my entire mainland force and just when I was trying to rebuild my army a stack of elite Hispania units appeared near Bourges and the Germanicae invaded and took Utrecht from the other side, with numeruos stack on the way. In the meantime,the death of my high constable in Carthage sent the whole province into rebellion, and an Islamic invasion was about to take Constantine from me. I decided to retreat all of my units and try to take Tingi from Hispania and possibly launch and invasion of Sicilia. Francia, my only ally, was being pummeled by Hispania, and lost all cities except for Medelhan and Ravenna, which were only saved by Hispania's defeat near Medelhan, but a Satanic invasion under Agares the Lucifer Incarnate will probably end their brief luck soon. My Ephesian army was attacked by four Satanic stacks and in the Siege of Ephesus the Satanic armies won a Pyrrhic victory, wiping out my whole army there. In a determined campaign to cut off Hispania from trade I took Rhodes and defeated their fleets to blockade their ports. The Germans took Treves and were threatening Koln, which was the last buffer between the Germans and my HQ at Amien. I was able to defeat the Germans trying to take Augsburg and Baden and held out there. Hispania was preoccupied with fighting German armies inside my province of Belgica. It didn't feel right to me having other people fighting each other on my land so I was barely able to finance the most elite army I could afford at Lundenburh and sent the army under King Arthur to defeat... everyone. Hispania triumphed over the German forces in Belgica and the Germans were unable to reinforce following the Satanic invasion of East Germany. Hispania had two stacks about to take the severely weakened garrison of Amien but the siege was relieved Arthur. I was able to rout the entire Hispania stacks and I immediately sent Arthur's lightly damaged army to retake Treves to gain back access to Baden and Augsburg. I defeated the German occupiers and pushed farther inland taking Franconofurt and I am about to assail Utrecht. The Satanae now have a border with me after taking Wien butluckily have their hands full dealing with the Shambhala and the Islamic Nation. Islam is slowly losing ground and I fear that if they lose Sidon things will start moving a lot faster for the Satanae. Shambhala invaded both the Satanae and Islam, being defeated bythe latter at Ctesiphon but winning against the Satanae (briefly) taking Atropatene. The Satanae launched a counterstrike and took back Phraaspa and are now consolidating their territories. My North African Army was defeated by combined Islamic and Hispania efforts but I was able to hold Rhodes and Kydonia in the face of Satanic amphibious assaults. Currently I am preparing to launch a large campaign to push Hispania back to the Iberian peninsula and liberate Francia's former territories of Arles and Marselha to give Francia the strength to hold off the Satanae longer than they can now.

In conclusion, one of the most fantastically fun mods out there for RTW! Very creative, and I have always thought it would be fun to fight endless hordes of Satan worshipers!

EDIT: The only tiny thing missing would be some Orthodox Christian faction caught between Islam, Satan, and Shambhala, they are missed...
    Wow, thanks for the feedback...Yep, Sounds you have got yourself in quite a pickle , good thing or maybe bad thing about your situation, is the game does tend to get a second wind, good in that once you consolidate your heartlands you should be able to push out, bad because that will be about the time the Satanae start to push for Rome...still with a bit of luck the Papal seal will have crushed you before that, Oh did i mention they don't just sit on Rome forever??...hehe..

If you do manage to survive, take Hispania fend off the Germanicae and hit lucky that the PS don't get a foot hold, all you have to worry about is the Satanae steaming across Europe before you can build up a defence, if you manage beat them back and take Greece you can launch an attack on their eastern Empire, They'll only have around twenty full stacks to counter attack you, that's when the fun really kicks in...

looks awesome. can't wait to play.

Question, where did the idea for lycan rising come from, and the story excerpts, where can i get more of the story?

Blog Entries

The idea basically camr from that short sequence in underworld evolution where the Vampires come across a village which has been attacked by 'William' the first Lycan... The story i wrote myself, maybe when I've finished the mod I'll add to it, maybe not...

you have just been placed on a higher pedestal.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

A MUCH HIGHER PEDESTAL...............................i have to admit that that part of the film did capture my immagination more than the rest of the film did. and the immagery from that attack was far better than in Van Helsing.
    if a film was to elaberate on that it would be well worth seeing.

(you now have a very dedicated servant................Master.)

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

if a film was to elaborate on that it would be well worth seeing.
    Totally agree, in fact i thought the rest of the film didn't live up to that sequence...

well it would seem we are on the same wavelength, i reckon we enjoy the same sort of films.

i dont soppose you can recomend any, with this sort of theme.

Total War Veteran

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Ok I have a technical Problem!!!!

Whenever I get to filefront all i get is

*your content is loading*
    Ill try the other one now, but you may want to re-host it.
    Last edited by Axeman; September 08, 2007 at 11:03 AM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Default Re: Released! End of Days. (Download here)

Added link to this post to first post.

Thanks to ReignTerror for noticing I hadn't activated the sprites for the pagan rebel units. The linked post has a revised descr_model_battle.txt file attached which activates them. This will be included in a future patch. It is non-critical and completely optional to install, you only need it if you're suffering from poor computer performance when playing battles against the rebels.

The servers suck.

God, I messed up the installing once again. Well, off to give another try!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    BTW, ferrets54, you are a pedophile.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Congrats on making such a sweet mod. This is in my opinion the best mod specifically for bi.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Blog Entries

Cheers..

If you liked this your going to love EODII, which is nearly finished (barring Mak having another mad last minute idea)...

Charge's Avatar Libertus

Icon14 Re: Released! End of Days. (Download here)

Oh my
    geeez loueeez ...

fantastic

unbelievable

Is there any way to switch the opening movie for BI? I'm stuck with the end of days opening movie.

Sorry for delay in replying. Yes you can get the old BI movie back go into folder
    Rome - Total War/BI/eod/fmv and copy the file BI_Intro_640x480.wmv
    which will have been put there when you copied the BI folder before installing eod.

Paste that file into
    Rome - Total War/BI/fmv
    to overwrite the eod intro file which is in there.

It does say this somewhere in the instructions

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Looks nice- downloading now. Thanks for making it.
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Ok- does anyone know the exact installation pathway for vista?
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0