Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Total War v4.0 Released! (Out of date)

Default Troy Total War v4.0 Released! (Out of date)

NOTE - THANKS TO NERO666 A FULL 4.5 VERSION IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON THE ROP SERVER. THIS VERSION USES A MOD FOLDER AND CAN BE USED ALONG SIDE OTHER MODS. THE LINK IS BELOW:

You still need BI patched to 1.6 for the installer to work and vista users must run the installer as administrator. It contains both troy 4.0 and the 4.5 patch, it is the only download you need. IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OLD TROY INSTALLATIONS.

http://www.riseofpersia.com/downloads/TTW_450_mf.exe

Troy: Total War version 4.0 is now available for download.
    (Please read these installation instructions before downloading)

V4.0 includes all the features of the gold beta plus more and improvements. It is the first release that i would consider to be beyond beta stage of development. It is a stand alone download, which is clear from the instructions

Instructions

-You must have a CLEAN installtion of Rome - Total War Barbarian Invasion Installed and patched to version 1.6
    -Download the exe (link below)
    -If you move this exe to your RTW folder it will automatically detect the installtion path, otherwise:
    -Select your main RTW folder for installation.
    -The installation should do everything else.
    -Run BI as normal.

Enjoy!

Download Link - Megaupload

FILEFRONT DOWNLOAD - Coming soon

v4.0 is not save game compatible with saves from any previous TTW release including the gold release.

Features

Myrmidon Global Gaming presents...

TROY: TOTAL WAR v4.0

Version 4.0 has many notable improvements over past versions. These include in no particular order...

- Changed all voices
    - Removed romano british & slav faction defeat message.
    - altered hero units size and upkeep
    - fixed zoom in to settlement CTD
    - fixed diplomat, spy and assassin unit pictures and cards
    - added artwork
    - added ui
    - increased starting funds
    - amazon soldier voices changed to female (the generals etc can only be male).
    - changed amazon family tree and portraits so that the generals are now female and their wives are male.
    - added character pictures for faction starting leaders.
    - removed epic stone walls and related CTD.
    - removed historical battle and quick battle starting buttons.
    - added eastern walls and style buildings to greek factions.
    - added semi-eastern buildings to amazon faction.
    - new unit
    - many other small fixes and improvements

For more information please visit our forums here at TWC
    TTW Forums

Thanks to King Edward I for making the installer and his site http://www.medievaltw.com/ for hosting.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; August 25, 2008 at 07:30 AM.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Troy Total War v4.0 Released!

nice!
    downloading now
    proud norwegian

that is excellent news

I'm glad to hear people are starting to hear that the mod has released a new version .

I'd just like to re-confirm that v4.0 includes all the features of the gold beta plus more and improvements. It is the first release that i would consider to be beyond beta stage of development.

Thanks for downloading it.

is not funkionited

i can,t downloud. but my english ist very bad

You need to register at the medievaltw forums in order to download the file. it is part of an attempt to help the site gain members.

At the moment it sayd you need to register and make 2 posts, i'll see if i can get that changed.

i register me, i´m log in, but how imake posts

edit

thanks for help

i have it

(posts merged)
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; February 13, 2007 at 02:58 PM.

Ok, glad to hear.

Can this be installed directly over the previous version of TTW ( if there are no other mods/changes being used in the over-written RTW setup) , or is a clean copy of RTW/BI required ?

I would recommend installing over a clean version of BI 1.6. This is a stand alone release, not a patch and part of the installer is designed to delete certain files from a clean bi 1.6.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

See the top of Zhuge's initial post in this thread.

An alternate link has now been added.

Installed perfectly. No issues so far. Thanks.

Some questions/observations though:

The units seem to hit tired/exhausted very quickly. Is this a feature of the mod ? or of the BI engine (I haven't used it much - mainly RTW ) ? It is caused by the high defensive values and/or reflective of the battle fatigue of the times ?

Archers : actually, no I don't have issues with these, contrary to other posts. They do their job perfectly against poorly armoured troops, so at the moment ( Argos ) I mainly use them against opposition missile troops and swordsmen.

Graphics: Also contrary to another post, I think the graphics are great. Much better than other mods ( eg Fourth Age ) that I tried. Voices are OK too. Don't mind using the original non-Roman ones :much more professional sounding.

Bugs ? the mercenaries ...esh-types are missing text when right clicking to see unit cards :its minor, but the descriptions here are usually very good.

Lastly, and probably should be in the book bit : Bettany Hughes "Helen of Troy". Great reading. Did you know that Bronze Age traders used ostrich egg shells for packing delicate goods ? Well,I guess ZenithDS did, but it was fun to find out.

Overall a great mod, seems well-balanced, well-researched and a credit to the team. Amazing that CA never thought of it !
    Last edited by Nicodemus; February 14, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Some questions/observations though:

The units seem to hit tired/exhausted very quickly. Is this a feature of the mod ? or of the BI engine (I haven't used it much - mainly RTW ) ? It is caused by the high defensive values and/or reflective of the battle fatigue of the times ?

Archers : actually, no I don't have issues with these, contrary to other posts. They do their job perfectly against poorly armoured troops, so at the moment ( Argos ) I mainly use them against opposition missile troops and swordsmen.

Graphics: Also contrary to another post, I think the graphics are great. Much better than other mods ( eg Fourth Age ) that I tried. Voices are OK too. Don't mind using the original non-Roman ones :much more professional sounding.

Bugs ? the mercenaries ...esh-types are missing text when right clicking to see unit cards :its minor, but the descriptions here are usually very good.

Lastly, and probably should be in the book bit : Bettany Hughes "Helen of Troy". Great reading. Did you know that Bronze Age traders used ostrich egg shells for packing delicate goods ? Well,I guess ZenithDS did, but it was fun to find out.

Overall a great mod, seems well-balanced, well-researched and a credit to the team. Amazing that CA never thought of it !

Thanks, i'm glad you like the mod.

With regards to the fatigue issue - the units move faster than other mods and fight longer so it is only natural that you will often have exhausted troops. This was part of an attempt to make the battles last longer in order to allow tactics rather than a 5 second contest of morale as was the case in RTW.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

This is a really good mod! to TTW team and especially Zhuge_Liang,
    we wouldn't have this mod if it wasn't for him!

Fatigue, Battles etc:

Yes, battles are definitely longer, but also appear less structured.

Apart from one largish battle ( ie about 13+ units per side ) where plans did work [ I split the line and enveloped one wing ] they seem to resolve into ragged groups, which do take a while to resolve, even though units are sending out exhausted status & indiacting that defeat is a distinct possibilty.

Have the morale values been increased as well, so that units take longer to break ?

Also, not sure if this is a TTW change or not, but I have had a couple of instances where heavy infantry have chased cavalry to their own exhaustion...and where a lone archer unit has run around escaping the final blow and prolonging the battle : very human, actually, but irritating .

Nearly every infantry unit so far seems to be "Heavy", despite having practically no armour and hence real defence. Is this deliberate ?

Lastly, have the formations changed at all ? AI and/or human grouping ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Fatigue, Battles etc:

Yes, battles are definitely longer, but also appear less structured.

Apart from one largish battle ( ie about 13+ units per side ) where plans did work [ I split the line and enveloped one wing ] they seem to resolve into ragged groups, which do take a while to resolve, even though units are sending out exhausted status & indiacting that defeat is a distinct possibilty.

Have the morale values been increased as well, so that units take longer to break ?

Also, not sure if this is a TTW change or not, but I have had a couple of instances where heavy infantry have chased cavalry to their own exhaustion...and where a lone archer unit has run around escaping the final blow and prolonging the battle : very human, actually, but irritating .

Nearly every infantry unit so far seems to be "Heavy", despite having practically no armour and hence real defence. Is this deliberate ?

Lastly, have the formations changed at all ? AI and/or human grouping ?
    Woah, thats a lot to get through, but i'll try

- Morale is higher so that the battles last longer. This is an age of heros after all. Morale is highly affected by the general's unit to reflect the importance of heros. Generals units can swing the tide of battle in a matter of moments and usually kill a lot quicker than the other troops. The key to getting the enemy army to route in one go is to commint your general at just the right time and/or kill the enemy general (included in TTW to try to reflect the importance of 'duels' between generals units aswell as the importance of considering this in your tactics). As for units reforming - this is realistic. If one unit runs early on but the rest of the army hold out for longer, then it is only natural that the routing unit rallies and returns to battle (a feature RTW lacked almost totally).

- Cavalry was very poor, not very maneuverable and not much use at this time in history because of the lack of stirrups. Horses were not bread for fighting, their only use in TTW is to chase down routing troops. Chariots on the other hand dominat the field of battle, but as always suffer from poor maneuverability.

- The infantry units are classed as heavy by the game because of their high defence value -> needed for longer battles. Only the real heavy troops should be described as such in the description that we supplied with the unit.

- Unit formations have changed in their collision mass, spacing and size. As far as i'm aware grouping has not changed.

Libertus

I cannot understand where i must post i am very angry please answer.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast