NOTE - THANKS TO NERO666 A FULL 4.5 VERSION IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON THE ROP SERVER. THIS VERSION USES A MOD FOLDER AND CAN BE USED ALONG SIDE OTHER MODS. THE LINK IS BELOW:
You still need BI patched to 1.6 for the installer to work and vista users must run the installer as administrator. It contains both troy 4.0 and the 4.5 patch, it is the only download you need. IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OLD TROY INSTALLATIONS.
Troy: Total War version 4.0 is now available for download.
(Please read these installation instructions before downloading)
V4.0 includes all the features of the gold beta plus more and improvements. It is the first release that i would consider to be beyond beta stage of development. It is a stand alone download, which is clear from the instructions
-You must have a CLEAN installtion of Rome - Total War Barbarian Invasion Installed and patched to version 1.6
-Download the exe (link below)
-If you move this exe to your RTW folder it will automatically detect the installtion path, otherwise:
-Select your main RTW folder for installation.
-The installation should do everything else.
-Run BI as normal.
Download Link - Megaupload
FILEFRONT DOWNLOAD - Coming soon
v4.0 is not save game compatible with saves from any previous TTW release including the gold release.
Myrmidon Global Gaming presents...
TROY: TOTAL WAR v4.0
Version 4.0 has many notable improvements over past versions. These include in no particular order...
- Changed all voices
- Removed romano british & slav faction defeat message.
- altered hero units size and upkeep
- fixed zoom in to settlement CTD
- fixed diplomat, spy and assassin unit pictures and cards
- added artwork
- added ui
- increased starting funds
- amazon soldier voices changed to female (the generals etc can only be male).
- changed amazon family tree and portraits so that the generals are now female and their wives are male.
- added character pictures for faction starting leaders.
- removed epic stone walls and related CTD.
- removed historical battle and quick battle starting buttons.
- added eastern walls and style buildings to greek factions.
- added semi-eastern buildings to amazon faction.
- new unit
- many other small fixes and improvements
For more information please visit our forums here at TWC
Thanks to King Edward I for making the installer and his site http://www.medievaltw.com/ for hosting.