Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Progress on Renaissance 3.0

Default Re: Progress on Renaissance 3.0

Well, I always fear we might run out of slots because I'm still dreaming of the HRE beeing represented by at least 6+ factions If this should ever happen, the swiss would be one of them anyway, so just forget what I said about them

@Serious samurai - How's the meshing coming along? Are we going to have a lot of new meshes in R:TW?

Mainly just practicing stuff. I'll probably have the heaviest version of the steppe armour done by the end of the week, possibly with some skinning. I'll start on the N/C Europeans when my book on the swiss arrives, it's got some good pics of 1490-1500 armour, that combined with my book on Germany and some online sources will give me plenty of material to work from.

is a release date set?

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Nope, as in most cases teams can't stick to their promised dates and then it's quite disappointing for fans.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

I mentioned, a couple of months back now, that the new units on the beta (3.0) and the units given to other factions were invisible (Sword and Buckler men for England for example). However, whilst setting up the AOR I had a bit play around with the battle_models file, which controls the allocation of textures to models and such. The result was excellent. All the units now appear, in their correct colours. Only thing is, I don't know who to send this file to, or how to send it via PM. A little help please guys?

Send it to me, you can find my e-mail here on the site, if you click on my user name's row and say "Send email to DrIstvaan". I'm responsible for distributing new additions to the mod to team members .

heads up guys!

I just send Dristvaan a bunch of updated files (I worked on the files sabre had PMed me a few days ago)...

Changes:

- I tested the AOR as best as I could and seemed to be working ok
    - I made changes to the descr_regions and EDB and EDU files in order to better streamline the AOR creation - now each region has a hidden resource that declares which culture it belongs to (eg france, germany, hungary, bohemia, highlands, russia, steppe, etc - ie not per unit hidden resource (highlanders, pavisecrossbowmen etc) - so that we may group them somehow according to geography)
    - I also wanted to test the AOR with other countries, so I added certain units to other western factions in the EDB as well... still works ok
    - I added conquistadores to the Habsburgs after a certain event occurs

@Dristvaan: pass the new files along to the other members, especially sabre who will have to go on working with the AOR

Now I have to report an issue and ask a question:
    1) I used the new modeldb by sabre, but I still get invisible units (not only the ones I added) for various factions (eg HRE, France, etc)... I suppose it's because sabre focused only on England when starting with the AOR

2) I still get those silly errors about projectiles, which I seem to remember are side effects of an earlier Darth-Mod (or something) that was integrated in 2.75 (or even before)... That just reminded me that I'd like to know what our plans are about integrating the latest Darth-Mod in our mod - are we doing that or are we going to create something of our own (eg what Serious Samurai has been working on)?

Well, Serious Samurai should decide... As I see from posts in that mod's thread, the latest DarthMod is extra-cool, but if Samurai has something else in mind, we could stick with that one. Anyway, we should decide now, as we will have to start working on new units soon.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    2) I still get those silly errors about projectiles, which I seem to remember are side effects of an earlier Darth-Mod (or something) that was integrated in 2.75 (or even before)... That just reminded me that I'd like to know what our plans are about integrating the latest Darth-Mod in our mod - are we doing that or are we going to create something of our own (eg what Serious Samurai has been working on)?
    Yes, I can confirm this errors are side effects of DarthMod (1.3D I think).

Wouldn't it be better if we didn't implement an AI-mod yet? Better wait for a more or less finished version of RenTW, or the poor guy who has to implement the ai will go crazy with constant adding/removing AI mods because they are out of date or obsolete because of the next patch, and so on.

Good work with the AOR!

Right, I've sent the files DrIstvaan, all the units will be visible and in their factional colours. It took me a while, but I think it was worth it!

Wait. Didn't you send these to Justme, and hasn't he sent me these with modification? Because I've distributed those from Justme...

erm... I just sent a bunch of text files (EDU, EDB, descr-regions, etc), which I have modified according to what I said in my earlier post...

but I was talking about the modeldb file, which sabre had sent me and didn't include the skins for all units and all factions (that's why I got invisible units with the HRE)... I think sabre is referring to a newer version of this file, which should be forwarded to all members (along with my files)

I have just sent three files to DrIstvaan, via email. When you replace the current files with these three, your units should appear.

P.S Don't know about middle-eastern units as I haven't gotten round to them yet, as the biggest problem seemed to be with the Europeans.
    Last edited by TWoxy; June 17, 2007 at 06:27 AM.

I haven't received any e-mail from you Sabre... Here is my other e-mail, try sending here: stvnkiss AT yahoo DOT com.

Erm, if you don't mind me asking, when are we going to release 3.0 to the public? I'm sure the AOR that me and justme are working on can wait till 3.1.
    I consider 3.0 pretty much playable with the visible units, and an already definite improvement on 2.75.

EDIT: Lol, some other lucky person got the files; God only knows what they're thinking. I'll send them to you right away.
    Last edited by TWoxy; June 17, 2007 at 06:31 AM.

Heh, I doubt that lucky other person even knows what these files are.
    As for the release, I think it still needs a lot of work to do...

Oh, okay, just asking. How are the, files, do they work fine?

Still no e-mail from you, Sabre. Try sending it to my Yahoo! Mail.
    Once I get them, I'll distribute them to all members.

Ach, most of the internet community will be in possession of those files soon! How about I send them to someone on the team who is using windows hotmail?